Pages:
Author

Topic: How adoption will happen - page 3. (Read 12717 times)

copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
April 23, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
I believe that adoption of the blockchain technology would start from sec and then the public.
The way things are going in cryptosphere with regards to the sec, I think the sec has overwhelming influence over blockchain.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
April 22, 2019, 11:03:21 PM
Is it going to start with poor countries and their dictators?
Is it going to start in the USA with their SEC and ETF and everything?
Discuss.
USA has a fairly high influence, I think for adoption it might be with the SEC, from what I see the development of adoption in developing countries is much faster, maybe because of problems or shortages in terms of financial transactions, they tend to see cryptocurrency as their solution to overcome these shortcomings.
Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
April 22, 2019, 09:59:48 PM
The adoption of cryptocurrency is already underway. But do not expect it to happen all at once. There is still a lot of skepticism about this, even at the state level. And I think that adoption should quickly occur in economically developed countries, as there are a large number of economic and technical prerequisites for this.
I agree, a large adoption will occur if the government accepts cryptocurrency, so that there are clear laws and generate trust in the people. hopefully this year there will be a big change
Activity: 263
Merit: 100
April 22, 2019, 09:50:29 PM
The adoption of cryptocurrency is already underway. But do not expect it to happen all at once. There is still a lot of skepticism about this, even at the state level. And I think that adoption should quickly occur in economically developed countries, as there are a large number of economic and technical prerequisites for this.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
April 22, 2019, 08:28:08 PM
Mass adoption will take place in developed countries, with current technological advancement, such countries are U.S.A, China, Japan, and most of the major developed countries, because of the relevance of CRYPTO to the global word, the adoption rate will increase and later flow to developing countries.
Ironically a lot of the adoption potential comes from people who are disillusioned with their country's economy, the relatively high technological environment just makes it easier for people to find ways that they can truly voice and act on their displeasure with the current environment. Bitcoin is another means of realizing that malcontent and finding a way to "escape" from their situation.

Luckily, the countries of the US, China, among others, have a more than eager population who dislikes their country's situation and wants to find some rebellious means of acting. That will be the way Bitcoin is adopted. But if Bitcoin doesn't continue to appeal to that crowd, or the community fails to innovate in a way that encourages "normal" people to get involved, then it won't be adopted in the way everyone wants it to.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
April 22, 2019, 07:47:43 PM
Discuss.

Cryptocurrency is already legal in almost all of the countries worldwide and we should thank the government for it. Adoption is easier this way. I guess we need Japan to start the production of this gadgets and technologies who supports the crypto transaction because we cant rely on China in this matter.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
April 22, 2019, 05:47:51 PM
Mass adoption will take place in developed countries, with current technological advancement, such countries are U.S.A, China, Japan, and most of the major developed countries, because of the relevance of CRYPTO to the global word, the adoption rate will increase and later flow to developing countries.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
April 22, 2019, 02:22:39 PM
Japan is one of the few countries who openly legalized bitcoin in their country. Other countries will soon adopt bitcoins and crypto.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
April 22, 2019, 02:10:13 PM
There will be a point when bitcoin is so widely used that places like Amazon and Ebay will be forced to accept it or they will lose out on a lot of potential customers.  The biggest obstacle to full adoption is scalability but hopefully lightning network will be able to put those fears to rest.
If Ebay and Amazon accept it as a payment currency this makes the number of Bitcoin users increase. But the Bitcoin system will become overloaded because of the large number of transactions. I hope to have a company that extends internal payment support services associated with these online buying and selling websites. But what we need right now is Bitcoin through ETF.
That's probably one of the reasons why Ebay and Amazon didn't already accepted bitcoin as a payment method. I am sure someone is working to solve this problem, most recently with Lightning Network so we shall have see this big companies like Amazon accepting bitcoin in the next coming years.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
April 22, 2019, 01:41:02 PM
Discuss.
In my opinion, anyone can adopt it and I strongly agree that poor countries will convert it because they can make these countries better than before.
And maybe the SEC and ETF will start in the US or take a long time. moreover, we have used technology, maybe we will be faster than the US.

Few countries have already adapted bitcoins and many are in the process of doing so. Those countries who do not make legalize bitcoin will remain backwards as the future is of bitcoins.
Activity: 672
Merit: 105
April 22, 2019, 09:17:16 AM
When a country's government does not fully recognize and support the existence of Bitcoin, then it will limit everyone to use this technology, therefore the mass adoption of Bitcoin will start from countries that fully support the existence of this digital currency technology, because this will facilitate the use of Bitcoin in the country.
Activity: 728
Merit: 275
April 22, 2019, 08:15:22 AM
Discuss.
It is only going to start if major countries start adopting it as mainstream currency and legalize it or regulate it. Only then these people will start to use it and following the same culture many small countries will come forward to use crypto as payment means and only then we can come to the mass adoption phase. Because things that start from small countries don't generally last long.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
April 22, 2019, 07:33:35 AM
.If Ebay and Amazon accept it as a payment currency this makes the number of Bitcoin users increase. But the Bitcoin system will become overloaded because of the large number of transactions. I hope to have a company that extends internal payment support services associated with these online buying and selling websites. But what we need right now is Bitcoin through ETF.

There is a possibility for Ebay and Amazon to accept cryptocurrency, since a company from Japan, Rakuten, had started accepting registrants for its new cryptocurrency exchange.

Amazon rival Rakuten, a Japan-based online retailer which has been expanding around the world in recent years, has begun accepting registrations for its new bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange, Rakuten Wallet—with bitcoin and cryptocurrency investors hoping other technology companies, such as U.S. online retail giant Amazon, will follow suit.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/04/18/amazon-rival-rakuten-is-jumping-into-bitcoin-and-crypto-is-amazon-next/#6e9d5aa99442

If Amazon sees that Rakuten is doing well with its new venture with cryptocurrency, then there is no doubt they will think to follow them.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
April 22, 2019, 06:50:21 AM
There will be a point when bitcoin is so widely used that places like Amazon and Ebay will be forced to accept it or they will lose out on a lot of potential customers.  The biggest obstacle to full adoption is scalability but hopefully lightning network will be able to put those fears to rest.
If Ebay and Amazon accept it as a payment currency this makes the number of Bitcoin users increase. But the Bitcoin system will become overloaded because of the large number of transactions. I hope to have a company that extends internal payment support services associated with these online buying and selling websites. But what we need right now is Bitcoin through ETF.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 294
April 22, 2019, 06:45:31 AM

Retrieved from unblock.news

That's the statement of Coinbase CEO, Brian Armstrong, when asked by one of his Twitter follower on how mass adoption can happen.
The three factors as seen on the image are explained, as follows:
Scalability - The problem here, according to Armstrong, is the amount of transaction it can handle at present. Crypto can only process 5 to 10 transactions per second, compared to Visa which can hold 500 to 5,000 transactions per second. But there are experts who are already making their way to come up with a solution. One of which is Lightning Company.
Usability - Cryptocurrency still need lots of adjustment and his advice is to male transactions in crypto simpler than others.
Volatility - We are all aware of this one. And this hindrances people to completely indulge in crypto. If crypto is the currency of the future, then its volatility must be reduced.

Source: Abbey Despabiladeras, www.unblock.news/popular/improved-scalability-usability-and-volatility-key-to-mass-adoption-says-armstrong
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
April 22, 2019, 06:03:34 AM
Discuss.

i dont think that adoption will start from poor countries. because poor countries do not have enough opportunity to check learn and use the blockchain technology. I think the first adoptions will be started from developped countries.

Innovators are pretty scattered through out the world  so I guess the idea that adoption starts only in rich country is a moot.  To better see things towards adoption, we need to know the stages of adoption.  In this article it clearly defines the techological adoption stages :
https://ondigitalmarketing.com/learn/odm/foundations/5-customer-segments-technology-adoption/
A better look at it in slide form:
https://www.slideshare.net/jsc5225/technology-adoption-lifecycle
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
April 22, 2019, 06:01:27 AM
It's not going to happen anytime soon, the SEC won't pass it anyway. But don't worry, adoption is almost here, I myself do almost over 50 percent of my spending in crypto each month, so I assume as soon more business will accept crypto, the adoption will happen in a maximum growth rate.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
April 22, 2019, 05:49:13 AM
Discuss.

i dont think that adoption will start from poor countries. because poor countries do not have enough opportunity to check learn and use the blockchain technology. I think the first adoptions will be started from developped countries.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
April 22, 2019, 05:35:37 AM
Good example, those businesses will be aware that if time comes and the mainstream societies start to use this chain they will fully need to start using this system, no matter what adoptions will happen and will provide good outcome for those who invested time and money.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 269
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 22, 2019, 05:31:49 AM
Discuss.
Adoption will happen whether you like it or not. It might begin with the big abd developed countries because they have already utilized the technology as well as cryptocurrency. However, it will become hard for the poor countries to adopt it because of the limited knowledge when it comes in technology. That is why globalization creates an endless development in every countries.
Pages:
Jump to: