Pages:
Author

Topic: How adoption will happen - page 4. (Read 12717 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
April 22, 2019, 05:28:58 AM
There will be a point when bitcoin is so widely used that places like Amazon and Ebay will be forced to accept it or they will lose out on a lot of potential customers.  The biggest obstacle to full adoption is scalability but hopefully lightning network will be able to put those fears to rest.
It is not the stability we meant to be the problem of its adoption but for us who we're the one to adopt the system. We we think positive to this market and feels that it could help us in the future, then we can be sure that it will be easy for us to the switch into crypto. But somehow, we have that negatives in our mind and could bring us trouble.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
April 22, 2019, 04:48:32 AM
Interesting to see how far bitcoin had been adopted and I wonder where are we right now:)  But one thing for sure adoption does not start with the option given by OP.  It starts within the people that believes on the technology.  It starts with the so called innovators then from them it spreads out through their hard effort.  Countries and government leaders and institution simply follows since they tend to push away anything they do not understand or does not goes with their standards.

Pride will take place.
It will but they will be find themselves being left behind.

Rich countries will not adopt it. Why? It will be like stepping in their own fiat currency. Who wants people to have freedom in their monetary system?

Some are already welcoming Bitcoin and blockchain technology
https://news.bitcoin.com/worlds-top-10-bitcoin-friendly-countries/

Government wont let that happen. Better to just use gold instead of using crypto currencies with so much privacy.

It seems they took noticed and wanted to regulate it just to have the pie of the profit Tongue.  In this case they will let it operate.
https://blockonomi.com/bitcoin-regulation/

Who will push this kind of act though. It must go through lots of paperwork, orders and constitutions. It will be a hard fight.

Government representatives that believes in Technology

https://www.coindesk.com/7-politicians-in-support-of-bitcoin-and-blockchain-tech
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
April 22, 2019, 03:15:17 AM
Pride will take place.
Rich countries will not adopt it. Why? It will be like stepping in their own fiat currency. Who wants people to have freedom in their monetary system?
Government wont let that happen. Better to just use gold instead of using crypto currencies with so much privacy.

Who will push this kind of act though. It must go through lots of paperwork, orders and constitutions. It will be a hard fight. Let us just be happy Japan made it happen and hope they will try to absorb it too.
copper member
Activity: 200
Merit: 47
April 22, 2019, 02:35:35 AM
Gold is very cheap right now because the futures market lowered their prices and the same futures market is lowering bitcoin prices. Lowering prices decreases the public's interest in bitcoin because let's be honest, everyone is interested in becoming rich!
You know how they say bitcoin is rat poison? I think futures are rat poison against adoption because you do not have to purchase real bitcoin, they are mostly cash settled.
Activity: 630
Merit: 172
April 21, 2019, 09:53:55 AM
There will be a point when bitcoin is so widely used that places like Amazon and Ebay will be forced to accept it or they will lose out on a lot of potential customers.  The biggest obstacle to full adoption is scalability but hopefully lightning network will be able to put those fears to rest.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
April 21, 2019, 09:34:17 AM
Is it going to start with poor countries and their dictators?
Is it going to start in the USA with their SEC and ETF and everything?
Discuss.
In my opinion, anyone can adopt it and I strongly agree that poor countries will convert it because they can make these countries better than before.
And maybe the SEC and ETF will start in the US or take a long time. moreover, we have used technology, maybe we will be faster than the US.
Activity: 664
Merit: 100
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
April 21, 2019, 06:25:47 AM
Discuss.

Adoption happen started in online store or merchant. If want adoptin in offline merchant, need government regulation and i think its need more time. Its more easier for online merchant to receive crypto and i am believe this will happen in near future
It will happen soon because many governments already think about crypto and once they approved crypto as an alternative currency for payment methods, we will see crypto will grow, and the adoption will start fast.
Right now, we see adoption is already happening in any country. Many people now realize that crypto can be a solution for the payment transaction and they see that the crypto can give a new way to make money too.
Just like what you are referring to when Bitcoin was release through the ETF (SEC), there will be many countries claiming to accept and support Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency development. Many countries are seeking access to Bitcoin, but it has not received and approved by an international organization, so the governments of these countries are waiting for Bitcoin to approve the draft ETF.
copper member
Activity: 200
Merit: 47
April 21, 2019, 05:48:40 AM
How are you defining 'adoption' here?  Because I can think of a few ways bitcoin could be adopted by the masses.  One is by the common man like you and me, which would mean using bitcoin as a currency in lieu of fiat--or at least using it for transactions more than it's being used right now.  Another is adoption by big institutions where they either make it a payment option for their customers or, in the case of financial institutions like banks, they invest in it.

If mass adoption happens, I think it'll be at the institutional level.  I think banks will eventually get involved, as will traditional brokerage firms, but I think that can only happen if bitcoin's price continues to rise and people stay interested in it--both of which I think are probable.  Then we'll probably see more merchants start to offer bitcoin as a method of payment. 

The real question I have is whether more people are going to start buying bitcoin either as an investment or to spend--and I've had that doubt lingering in my mind ever since I got into crypto.  Fiat would have to become seriously devalued for that to happen, and I don't think that's going to happen worldwide.  Even in Venezuela, where their fiat is worthless, they're just using US dollars more so than bitcoin.  But I'm still optimistic.  Adoption will happen eventually.
I think bitcoin will creep up to be used, trickling itself into the economy, as opposed to a big boom like you suggested.
It will slowly gain more users, and these users will collect bitcoin as a store of value, and spend whatever coin they think is worth to spend to buy things. So, as the old saying goes, bitcoin is like the earth, and all the other coins or tokens are like the seeds.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
April 21, 2019, 04:40:43 AM
from what i understand adoption means when someone are gaining interest on crypto . for example joe is not a crypto enthusiast before but he sudenly change his mind . he now buys a crypto  . that is adoption and that can happen every day  .  small or large  , 1 person or group of people all of them are consider as an adoption if they will join the movement  .
Yes, adoption takes place every day but we need to do more so that there can be a large scale of adoption, we don’t need one or two persons daily, we are so much in population that we really need to have massive adoption done on a daily basis. Massive adoption is what can make cryptocurrency quickly become very popular worldwide and I think this can only happen when big countries like USA pronounce its support for it first, if big countries don’t pronounce their support, all we might still be getting are these little adoptions.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
April 20, 2019, 10:20:28 PM
Discuss.
It's depend on many things such as infrastructures, government policy, geography of the country, even demographic condition is matter. The adoption will be easier to start if the country has good infrastructures to support the use of bitcoin, even it's not will be happen without permit from the government, country like Africa is good for bitcoin because it's geographical condition made it difficult to build many bank building so it is good for them to use bitcoin, most of bitcoin will be used by young people if the country has so many young people then the adoption will be faster rather than country which has a little amount of young people.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
April 20, 2019, 10:13:25 PM
Discuss.
it will take place when the SEC or ETF approves bitcoin. when the ETF accepted the BTC, they certainly had a plan and solution to manage the amount of transactions and to avoid whales manipulating prices.
The SEC will also have easier control.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
April 20, 2019, 09:24:30 PM
Adaption will not happen overnight it will going through a lot of struggles but no one can stop it. It will be unstoppable. Those countries that doesn't have regulation or having crisis with assets and investment will switch into cryptocurrency for sure.
That will gonna happen after they start learning and understanding the potential of this market, as people will realize the possible valuations of crypto
after they manage to have interest with the chain, adoptions will follow for sure as many government institutions who's not that close minded for new
innovations will start catering crypto.

We need to be positive and wait for what the future will bring us, keep in mind that whenever system do exist it will keep on trying to be well adopted.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
April 20, 2019, 06:47:59 PM
I think that the process will not happen immediately in one day. This is a very long and phased process. Cryptocurrency will slowly come into our lives.

Indeed  . adopting crypto is a long process because it needs government permission , they will need some time to think or to decide if they will accept the use of cryptos or not because cryptos is just risky since it is decentralized and not fully controllable  . fraudster may use it to do thier shady doings  .  this what the governments are concern . they know the usefulness of crypto but they also know the darkside of using a crypto  .
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
April 20, 2019, 06:42:09 PM
the bitcoin will always be useful, I see that many citizens of venezuela have made valuable reserves to live, now I do not know on what other occasions bitcoin can help! I believe there are many!
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
April 20, 2019, 02:47:42 PM
Discuss.
especially in this type of situation will be suitable for a mass production because when the situation of and currency was reduced erection will be happened and I think it will be happening suddenly without any expectation.
Activity: 634
Merit: 128
April 20, 2019, 12:13:14 PM
It can happen from poor countries as they haven't digital economy so its impossible poor people start to buy bitcoin and adoption so it  will sart from countries like USA and others and ofc regulators must accept them as a currency or anything else someday gov. will start to discuss this and there is no way.
Crypto currency was created by using advances in time and of course it was to meet the development of the times in the economic field and of course as time and technology developed developing countries will adopt an economic system that is used crypto currency
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 20, 2019, 04:05:35 AM
I honestly believed that adoption is increasing is something that is only doable in bulk and not slowly. Just to give an example japan allowed one of the prepaid card operators to be filled with bitcoin and that prepaid card was used in 260+ thousand places in all of japan, that means all of a sudden the adoption increased.

If you are looking for adoption to happen store by store than you are going to wait a lot but if we can manage to do what japan did in USA and UK and many more bigger countries like that and allow some sort of way that people could spend bitcoin even if receiver just receives fiat for it than we can increase the adoption by tenfold overnight. All we need is a system where people could fill their wallets with bitcoin and spend anywhere they want.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
April 20, 2019, 03:09:30 AM
Discuss.
The country which is crypto friendly where the adoption will happen much faster  so it will happen with no matter of economical status of that country.There are some poor countries like Phillipines which supports cryptos already and also like Japan and Singapore supports cryptos as well both countries are different in economical status but the growth of crypto happens.

i think asia will be center of blockchain technology, thailand use for election, japan use for payment and china processor, korea use bitcoin for crowdfunding like binancec coin etc.
i dont think bitcoin ETF will be good for blockchain comuntiy, we need distributed, we need real decentralization.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
April 20, 2019, 03:03:54 AM
Discuss.
The country which is crypto friendly where the adoption will happen much faster  so it will happen with no matter of economical status of that country.There are some poor countries like Phillipines which supports cryptos already and also like Japan and Singapore supports cryptos as well both countries are different in economical status but the growth of crypto happens.
Japan and Singapore already enjoying the benefits of this system, catering and supporting the chain, I also read somewhere that Thailand also
join in and accept bitcoin transactions, things will happen we don't need to rush things up as long as we are witnessing progress and more people's
interest, this coming generations will enjoy what this industry has to offer.
Indeed, most advance country already accept crypto as payment and recognize crypto as investment or digital asset. I am believe in near future, more country will follow this step because government must be need more tax income. Its about technology and i think government can not prohibit or ban technology
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
April 20, 2019, 02:44:48 AM
Well, personally I don't think there is one cut and dry answer to this. I know for a fact that technologically, blockchain is advancing in all areas, just like AI and VR. So that alone will bring the tech to everyone, even if they actually don't realize it. It will be more subtle than say the Internet is. On the other hand, cryptocurrency will be more widely used all over the World for a variety of reasons. For example. Countries like Dubai are going full throttle in supporting the Blockchain and will be the first government to run on it. They are also going to make their electronic dirham and now you can buy houses and properties in Dubai with Bitcoin as if they were hotcakes. In other countries, like emerging African States, the mobile technology will kickstart there the use of crypto, due to new infrastructure being rolled out on the mobile app level. In more developed countries, you will see legislation being rolled out to allow big capital to enter the crypto market first before they pimp it to the Masses.
Pages:
Jump to: