Pages:
Author

Topic: How big of a role does privacy play? - page 2. (Read 1032 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
December 11, 2017, 09:17:24 PM
I just find it very interesting that for alot of people privacy is very high on there list of needs for crypto. But yet the real "privacy" coins are only a small percent of the crypto currency market cap. With technology advancing, I would not be surprised if governments could just plug in your address and find out who owns it in a  matter of minutes. ( Assuming you bought the coins on a site like coinbase, that keeps track of your transactions and requires Identity. )
www.positivebetting.com
December 09, 2017, 04:42:53 PM
All of this information will help me better evaluate some of the privacy coins like zcash, and monero.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
December 04, 2017, 02:33:08 AM
How important is privacy for you? In terms of making transactions online. As you know bitcoin is not very anonymous and once someone finds out your address, that can be linked to anything you have every purchased.

in my case, i dont really mind having these so called privacy because im only just an average joe without any big business or wealth though there were some people that eagerly wants it in order for them to hide their current identity or other important infos to the pubic. bitcoin is not totally anonymous but that doesnt mean you can easily be track down just by linking your bitcoin address to something else because  bitcoin addresses can be easily created and fake, you can create many junk or spam bitcoin address as you wish in order for you to always stay anonymous in any way. also some bitcoin wallets have an option to generate new address every transactions just for privacy matters.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
December 04, 2017, 02:30:02 AM
of course very important to me, with minimal privacy can prevent data from being spread to the public, I think bitcoin has a clear identity, but in terms of our own security that keep it, I do not expect any btc missing from the wallet because of my carelessness.
Activity: 354
Merit: 100
December 04, 2017, 02:22:44 AM
How important is privacy for you? In terms of making transactions online. As you know bitcoin is not very anonymous and once someone finds out your address, that can be linked to anything you have every purchased.

I prefer to use my personal blockchain completely in my bitcoin, but instead, completely transparent where the people outside, can follow all our transactions and transfers. so that's my explanation, thanks.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
December 04, 2017, 01:32:02 AM
I think that the privacy of bitcoin is one of its advantages and the reason why many people risked investing in it
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 03, 2017, 08:39:28 PM
this does not seem too important. importantly we always be careful using our data
because even if someone knows the transaction from the bitcoin address we have,
but at address bitcoin not listed our personal data,
so this is not a problem, as long as our data is stored safely from every transaction that we do.
and we still have a comfortable feeling of transact using bitcoin so for me not a problem.
Activity: 459
Merit: 251
December 03, 2017, 07:32:08 PM
Let me ask you soemthing... would you rather that your transactions be private or public?

If you answered public, I really don't understand why.

I would think most people want their transactions to be pricate for the obvious reason you don't want people snooping on your life and what you spend all your moeny on, obviously.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
December 03, 2017, 07:28:42 PM
Privacy is an important aspect.It is the reason since bitcoin is pseudo anonymous,many have chosen bitcoin to stay away from the hands of governments.But if we still feel that bitcoin transactions could be easily traced,then we could use one of the mixer services available.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
December 03, 2017, 07:21:00 PM
privacy is very important..for example do you really want every one knows that you have a large amount of money..I know that some of you will hypocritically say that its ok but in real life you don't..even with your relatives and love ones you don't show them all..sometimes there are things that is better to be secret or private for your sake or theirs..
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
December 03, 2017, 07:07:23 PM
Privacy is one of the main pillars of cryptocurrecies in the first place. It is why people get into crypto and heck, it is even what the point of "crypto" means. Although most coins, actually all of them including Bitcoin are not completly private except for Monero. Monero is truly 100% anonymous and people can never know who you are when you use it.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
December 03, 2017, 06:33:29 PM
Everyone needs privacy to protect themselves from becoming possible hacker targets, but on the other hand what if that  one person is doing something illegal that might endanger others? A certain amount of actions should be traceable that could indicate a dangerous situation in the making.
Activity: 162
Merit: 1
December 03, 2017, 06:13:13 PM
Privacy is very important as this is for one's own protection. You wouldn't want everyone to know that your transacting "x" amount of money with even just your real name right? Because if you do, this will open you up as a target for hackers, thieves, relatives who needs a loan and worst, identity theft. For me, it's very important as it makes me more comfortable doing my business without anyone constantly looking at me.
www.positivebetting.com
December 03, 2017, 05:38:09 PM
If privacy is such a big part of the community, I would think coins like monero or zcash would have a higher market cap. Would like to hear more about individual privacy.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069
December 01, 2017, 01:20:10 PM
As long as money is involved, privacy will always play a big part. No one wants to announce how much money they have, or how are they spending it. Unfortunately, bitcoin is not totally anonymous in its transactions and once you know how to tract things in blockchain, you can have a way to connect dots and lead an address to a person. But there are also ways you can protect your privacy like not using the same address over and over, using mixers and not linking any address to any social media accounts.
www.positivebetting.com
December 01, 2017, 12:41:06 PM
It is very interesting to see what the community thinks about privacy. I would like to hear more.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 847
November 30, 2017, 07:57:23 PM
Why do you need that extra high security? There is no need of this. There are mixers for them who needs it and these mixers already do their job on high level, I haven't seen mixer owner or mixer user caugh ever (it will only happen if person made mistake, forget somethinf or etc like kickass admin did when he logged in in fb and apple's account with one ip). So privacy is important on moderate level and that's protected.
Activity: 84
November 30, 2017, 07:53:05 PM
It is very crucial to bitcoin to have privacy because it can protect them from hackers and taking advantage of other users account. People will trust and commit to bitcoin because they are secured with the help of login with their password and additional captcha information.
Activity: 171
November 30, 2017, 07:40:26 PM
Privacy is important for me, it's part of the freedom we have. I think Bitcoin has enough privacy if you use it the right way, for example it doesn't limit you to create a certain amount of accounts/addresses, like banks do. Use this feature to give yourself more privacy, don't use an address multiple times for different payments if you want to stay anonymous. Also Bitcoin doesn't require any of your personal information, it's the exchanges and web-wallets that want you to register your personal details. Create a desktop wallet or generate a random address using bitaddress.org, you don't have to be connected to the internet to receive transactions. For extra privacy there is also something called a mixer, it fully anonymizes your transactions and as far as I'm aware of is legal in most countries.
I am on this side. It exlained well what is on my mind and what i believe. You can keep low profile while doing your transactions. Just add some extra care in doing so.
Activity: 210
Merit: 117
November 30, 2017, 06:46:00 PM
Privacy has a big part on bitcoin ,for me it was decentralized and I dont want any of my transactions seen by others or any third party who allows on it.I want to protect it from any harm or any criminal activities that others will do.It was important that it plays a big role to privacy of us no one wants without privacy of our transactions,We all want safety and secured money banking with bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: