Pages:
Author

Topic: How big of a role does privacy play? - page 3. (Read 1030 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!
November 30, 2017, 06:39:57 PM
Here privacy will be a big requirement for the users who utilize it for different forms of illegal uses. For people who use iit in a legitimate manner, Privacy is not at all a concern. I expect privacy while being into gambling, but with bitcoin privacy is the one among the major factors that add value to it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
Sharpay - Share Button with Blockchain Profit
November 30, 2017, 06:36:45 PM
How important is privacy for you? In terms of making transactions online. As you know bitcoin is not very anonymous and once someone finds out your address, that can be linked to anything you have every purchased.

For me it does play a big part, but, considering that Bitcoin grew so fat, it's not mainly because of it's features or what the blockchain tehnology can offer. I'd say it about making profit, which is a bit out of the context.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
November 30, 2017, 06:34:05 PM
How important is privacy for you? In terms of making transactions online. As you know bitcoin is not very anonymous and once someone finds out your address, that can be linked to anything you have every purchased.
Privacy plays a large role in Bitcoin and in Cryptography. If you know how to use a computer, then try to research more on it so you could learn the new methods for new electronic systems.
Activity: 266
Merit: 122
November 30, 2017, 01:14:00 PM
Privacy is important but has limitations well in terms of bitcoin transactions there are some point that I want to keep private but some must be transparent especially to legislative bodies because somewhat its a way of protecting ourselves from illegal activities that may harm our transactions because we are not aware. Bitcoin transactions so far is very private that no one can trace who is the person behind every transactions that is the issue of governments that needs to be settle so that bitcoin can declare to be a legal tender of the world.
Activity: 88
Merit: 4
November 30, 2017, 12:53:00 PM
This is very important in my transaction. But frankly I'm not a person who even wants to hide such transactions from those central systems anywhere. I have multiple accounts from Bitcoin addresses and none of them are related to each other. Anyone who's trying to track my purchase will find it difficult to sort them together. If someone knows your address, all he can do is track who you have sent the payment to and from whom you have received the same Tongue
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
November 29, 2017, 07:27:24 PM
I don't care about extreme privacy offered by coins like monero or zcash..... for me privacy offered by bitcoin or ethereum transactions is enough.
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
November 29, 2017, 07:23:27 PM
Privacy is very important for me.I don't want either the government authorities or private people to trace my transactions and know whatever i do with my bitcoins.I don't want any one of them to get an idea that how much bitcoins i actually have.Otherwise,i would have to risk myself of losing bitcoins just as a turkish businessman lost his 450 bitcoins to kidnappers by just showing his extravagant lifestyle in facebook.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
November 29, 2017, 07:20:29 PM
i don't really care myself. i don't spend it on anything weird or incriminating. anyone who does want to cut the link between their id and their known addresses can go and mix it and start over.

if i was a business, gambler or pervert then it might be a different matter.
Activity: 126
November 29, 2017, 07:17:57 PM
I think complete anonymity might bring us some problems. I support what Monero is doing and i'm all for a minimalist government, but what would happen if everyone held their income and revenue in privacy coins and no one paid taxes? We'd have no roads, hospitals, etc... I think its a complex subject and requires a lot of research and study to see the best approach in practice between anonymity and transparency.
Activity: 238
November 29, 2017, 07:11:10 PM
Privacy is important yes, but I don't need complete anonymity. While you use visa, bank transfers and other fiat methods you don't care about the anonymity part do you? Unless you are doing something illegal I don't think there is any reason to be worried about anonymity.

Indeed we sacrifice our anonymity when we use wire transfers and creditcards. But question is: do we do this because we want to do, or do we do this because we have no other choice? I do nothing illegal at all, not with crypto and not with fiat. But I still want the right to stay anonymous if I want to. I dont want to expose my identity to every shop I purchase something from and I dont want to expose my identity to individuals when I buy something on ebay. I bet you would also not be happy if you had to fill in all your personal information everytime you go shopping in a store you didnt went to before, do you? Furthermore all this big data can backfire once, we are giving up our identity so easily, because we dont see any bad in it. But what will happen when a corrupt government comes into power in your country and uses all this big data against you? Bet you wish that you stayed anonymous in some cases than. Best example for this was when the nazis invaded the netherlands, they just had to check the newly implemented stamp card system to find all the jews they were looking for. The jews didnt think anything could happen to them when they gave away their religion to those cards. Hope you understand what I want to show with this example.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 223
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
November 29, 2017, 03:51:27 PM
Confidentiality for finance is very necessary, and for crypto currency, even more so. Unfortunately, the original bitcoin possesses only relative confidentiality. If you want, using the blockchein journal open to the public, you can track some transactions first, and then you can identify the identity of the bitcoins owner. In a sense, these issues are solved by coins that have separated from bitcoin, such as bitkoyn diamond, which hides the sum and balance in the purse for general access, which is very important, since wallets with large sums are primarily subjected to hacker attacks.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
November 29, 2017, 02:56:52 PM
I love privacy that's why i use bitcoin because it gives me the financial freedom to send and receive transactions with any government or centralized entity spying. I got no problem in bitcoin's anonymity the tracker will surely have hard time tracking it especially when you use different addresses. No matter how secure something is the greater flaw of a program is human itself.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
November 29, 2017, 02:47:44 PM
You have to manage your privacy by not reusing the same Bitcoin address for all your purchases. I have 100s of Bitcoin

addresses and none of them are linked to each other. Whomever is trying to track my purchases, will have a hard time sorting

and putting them together... if at all. I also use different services and different hardware wallets and boot with different

OS's.  Grin

You dont think in the future people will have the technology to still track your purchases?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
November 29, 2017, 01:55:49 PM
You have to manage your privacy by not reusing the same Bitcoin address for all your purchases. I have 100s of Bitcoin

addresses and none of them are linked to each other. Whomever is trying to track my purchases, will have a hard time sorting

and putting them together... if at all. I also use different services and different hardware wallets and boot with different

OS's.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
November 29, 2017, 01:36:31 PM
Well privacy is important to me mate, way back I thought bitcoin have this complete features since its decentralized but after learning that its not really safe dealing big transactions using this coin as wallet address can be trace and connect to us putting our security at risk so for now I do avoid using bitcoin in any transactions online as I don't want being trace and targeted by some hackers even I only got portion of btc inside my wallet.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
November 29, 2017, 01:10:53 PM
I know since Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, anyone can track the public transactions. However, it is difficult for the third party to find the link between me and receiver (as I use paid VPN + other security features), even in that case I don't have any issues with the privacy if government is tracking my transactions or acquiring my financial data as I am not against taxes but when it comes to the third party, I am afraid of the hackers spying on me to acquire my data to steal my funds.
Activity: 728
Merit: 275
November 29, 2017, 01:03:11 PM
I dont think your proposition is correct. If one finds out your address all he can do is to trace to whom you have sent payment and from whom you have received the same. It does not really tells anyone about the owner of the account therefore cannot reveal regarding the goods you have purchased.

As it comes to privacy in online transaction. This occupies a utter importance in my transactions. But frankly speaking I am not quite a person who even wants to conceal such transactions from any central authority. But one would surely want that details regarding his purchases and transactions is not readily available to someone.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
November 29, 2017, 12:59:30 PM
Privacy is very important for me, that is why I joined Bitcoin back in 2014, to hide my money. And Bitcoin perfectly permits it, it just needs to be used properly, as about anything in fact.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 125
www.positivebetting.com
November 29, 2017, 12:57:50 PM
Privacy is important yes, but I don't need complete anonymity. While you use visa, bank transfers and other fiat methods you don't care about the anonymity part do you? Unless you are doing something illegal I don't think there is any reason to be worried about anonymity.

Like I have said, there are other reasons you might want to be anonymous besides doing illegal things. People are able to see how much money is in your wallet since everything is open. So with that knowledge if they are able to connect your address to your name, they can target you. People could then try and rob you, phish you etc
Activity: 1064
Merit: 529
November 28, 2017, 10:57:10 PM
Pages:
Jump to: