Pages:
Author

Topic: How Bitcointalk assisted in my financial stability - page 2. (Read 293 times)

copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
It's enjoyable reading people's experiences here in the forum and how they got their life-changing moments here with all the financial capabilities. It's fantastic to see people have their winning stories and be shared here.

I also experienced a faucet phase, but after reading much in the forum, I decided to stay away from it.

Anyway, it's great that you have managed to recover and touch those accounts again that you got earnings from, and that's a feat in itself already. It's never wrong to invest in other projects hoping for it to increase in value.

Keep up the great work, and keep on sharing!
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
A beautiful story. I was also familiar with bitcoins for a long time, but unfortunately, I did not attach much importance to them. But the stars were so formed that I accidentally ended up on this forum. By chance. Previously, I hung out on other forums, but they closed at once. And I found my way to this forum. But my journey took about 10 years. And yes I stayed with this forum, it has an amazing ability to attract for a long time. I know people who were able to make a profit even by earning on faucets, but many just sit and remember their failed successes.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
All this DeFi and altcoin investing is basically gambling. You might win big in short term, but if you continue doing this, there's a huge chance to lose it all, because you're always one step away from a huge crash. DeFi's get hacked often or can have bugs that crash the price, altcoins are subject to pump and dump schemes, and so on.

IMO you should focus on developing skills that would support you for the rest of your life instead of trying to get rich quick with crypto.
It's true that we need a sustainable skills that would help us through this life but once you are a crypto user you're always a crypto user and you can't set aside it forever. Crypto currency mainly Bitcoin is for investment or store value only for someone who wants to stay away from the government that's controlling all of your funds especially the banks.

Defi at the moment is in hyoed just like the ICO hype in the past I don't know if sooner or later their price will drop but I see some of defi projects are successful so I don't know what to say yet. It's maybe worth the risk.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
All this DeFi and altcoin investing is basically gambling. You might win big in short term, but if you continue doing this, there's a huge chance to lose it all, because you're always one step away from a huge crash. DeFi's get hacked often or can have bugs that crash the price, altcoins are subject to pump and dump schemes, and so on.

IMO you should focus on developing skills that would support you for the rest of your life instead of trying to get rich quick with crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
~snipe~
Sometimes, out of the little efforts we do put in a thing, you get the greatest benefits. Cryptocurrency and the for has pushed a lot of users to edges maybe expected and hoped for but  weren't hoped to be archived in the times that they did archived them. These aren't edges that you fall off instead, you fly! In the same way, a lot of others have been wreched by it as an evident of some bad investment choices. But, you can't entirely blame this on crypto, its just the same everywhere.

As a new and fast growing field even with over a decade old on its feathers, its most important that you seek to understand before exploring the various opportunities in the cryptosphere. This is why it's most important for crypto enthusiast to stick with the core value of the forum amidst other forum activities knowing that, in it, you build a better life.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Always give gratitude that's one life hack to receive more blessings (assistance) in life. I read your thread to the end as I wanted to hear your story. After I saw you entered into the industry at a young age, I immediately have to view your profile and you registered way back in 2014 nice, just trying to visualize how the forum was like back them. It would had been a privilege if I had such experience.

I also have benefited handsomely from the forum and involving myself in Bitcoin in general, I think there isn't another out there that's doing it right whether with bitcoin or on the forum that hasn't been rewarded. The forum offers numerous opportunity that it would be foolish not to profit form your engagement here.

The content here only are top notch and free meanwhile it would have cost you fee hundreds of dollars to access elsewhere. One can basically be a noob without any knowledge in the industry and within few months of engagement on the forum will be equiped with some basic knowledge to begin his/her Bitcoin journey. The forum is such a blessing and only those that realize that benefits from it.

Ps: seems like I'm the only one that lost to Defi .
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
You know? that the words I have are too poor to express my gratitude for what I got from this forum, not only financial matters, but the knowledge I get everywhere. This word will be too difficult for me, what should I say in the forum, again "the words I have are too poor to express my great gratitude for being in the forum till now"
If some people start to testify about their profit since the existence of the community or since they become part of the community, i think it will contain many pages or paragraph of text, without been told it's obvious that bitcointalk has helped different kinds of people both financially and knowledge, but the most important thing someone should concentrate on for the community is to adopt or acquire knowledge, because knowledge something that  can not depart from human till eternity, so i think it's very necessary to use  this opportunity to grab the knowledge of btc as forum keeps on accelerating.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
I started out with faucets, back then, they would pay more than 1000 Satoshi for each roll, which is an extravagant amount for our current standards.
Yeah, isn't it crazy how much bitcoin you could get from faucets just a couple of years ago?  And I think faucets are--or at least used to be--a lot of people's introduction to bitcoin.  That was true for me back when I first started getting interested in crypto, as I didn't know how to go about buying it at first (or even how it worked exactly).

Thanks for sharing that story, OP.  I thought it was going to be a bloated shitpost at first, but I actually enjoyed reading it.  This thread should probably be in Reputation or some other section, though.

Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate feedback from reputable members of this forum. I wasn't sure on where to post this, and decided to post on Economics because I was talking about financial stability, I see that it has been moved to the appropriate category already. This thread is a way to say thank you, in return, for what this forum has provided me.

Returning to the main topic now, faucets were really paying great amounts in BTC back then, I was also in MoonDoge and one more which was paying in Litecoin, can't even remember its name. They definitely used to be the first portal to cryptocurrency, I wish I had abused them to the maximum potential, let's also keep in mind how many they were back then, literally hundreds of different ones.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1144
Good for you OP and I would like to say congratulations to you.

In my case, I started earlier in the forum and I made some wrong decisions in the past and that decision was not to be more aggressive in investing. However, I still have to be thankful as somehow I still made a profit, and crypto has really changed my life financially though I am not financially free now which is obviously everyone's target.

I'm thankful for the members that are tirelessly sharing their brilliant ideas and somehow I am also trying to share my little knowledge and experience.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I think there are quite a lot of people who get into bitcoin at a young age, I started at about the same age as you and know other people who also did. I started off expecting my story to be a unique one and, while quite a bit different from others, there is some likeness between all of them.

Make sure you don't reinvest everything though! Half of what you've got doubled isn't much different from all of what you've got doubled and it only takes a tiny mistake with crypto to become costly while trading!
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I started out with faucets, back then, they would pay more than 1000 Satoshi for each roll, which is an extravagant amount for our current standards.
Yeah, isn't it crazy how much bitcoin you could get from faucets just a couple of years ago?  And I think faucets are--or at least used to be--a lot of people's introduction to bitcoin.  That was true for me back when I first started getting interested in crypto, as I didn't know how to go about buying it at first (or even how it worked exactly).

Thanks for sharing that story, OP.  I thought it was going to be a bloated shitpost at first, but I actually enjoyed reading it.  This thread should probably be in Reputation or some other section, though.

Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
The knowledge mainly and the signature campaign payments plus other than those two, I was able to make a lot of money watching out for good cryptocurrencies to invest in. You got lucky that you didn't touch your bitcoin when there's a crash and I hope that you continue doing that and hopefully you can get more profit in the future. Good luck with your DeFi journey, it's a risky one so tread carefully.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
You know? that the words I have are too poor to express my gratitude for what I got from this forum, not only financial matters, but the knowledge I get everywhere. This word will be too difficult for me, what should I say in the forum, again "the words I have are too poor to express my great gratitude for being in the forum till now"
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
Hello there,

I started learning about cryptocurrency, mainly Bitcoin, when I was approximately 14-15 years old. Unfortunately, due to lack of funds, and being underage, I couldn't do much in terms of investment back then (I wish I could/did). However, I was actively trying to learn about Bitcoin and the ways of obtaining it. Without having much knowledge, I started out with faucets, back then, they would pay more than 1000 Satoshi for each roll, which is an extravagant amount for our current standards.

After quite a while, playing with faucets, I had acquired myself a semi-decent amount of BTC, which I unfortunately spent buying game accounts, such as Minecraft and a few other stuff I don't remember now. On the other hand, some BTC was left untouched till now, we'll get back to that later on.

Shortly after, I signed up here, but wasn't really inactive from what I remember, was mostly a lurker reading around trying to gain information. I remember signing up on some Cloud Mining Ponzi scheme, which resulted in some kind of profit back then, don't get me wrong, a few euros at most, but it was rewarding, since it was my first "profit" that didn't come from faucets. It lasted long enough for two payouts, one was on PayPal if I remember correctly, and the second one was in Doge, 30,000 Doge to be exact, which were worth $5 back then. I still hit myself about selling them back then.

Not long after the Ponzi scheme incident, I quit the cryptocurrency scene (Not that I actually entered it anyway), for at least a few years. I returned when I got to university, became active on the forum again and started Altcoin mining. Only good things started happening after that, I was accepted in signature campaigns, while at the same time my PC was generating a decent profit. For someone who never had any other kind of income, it was paradise.

I don't remember how much I was earning to be honest, but eventually I swapped some BTC for Euros (600 Euros) while also having some BTC aside in another wallet. This happened at Bitcoin's peak, when it reached $20.000. A while after that, the price plummeted and any leftover BTC (Some from the faucets and the rest from signature campaigns and mining) was fortunately left untouched.

Fast-forward a few years later, it's December 2020, and I've got 600 Euros on Bitstamp, and some BTC on my BitGo wallet. I return to the forum and start reading predictions, thoughts etc. about Bitcoin and its future. At the same time, I start trading and making a decent profit. Later on, I sold all my BTC and went all in on DeFi Projects. The result was astonishing, but risky, I made a huge profit nonetheless.

Currently standing, I've got a few thousand dollars in crypto, which are being reinvested back into other DeFi projects, and some BTC that I've earned the past few months.

This forum has been a great experience and a long journey, with much more to come. I've acquired knowledge and experiences which will help me throughout the course of my life, while it has significantly aided me into obtaining the assets I've mentioned before. As a university student, knowing that I have money aside, no matter what happens, is crucial.

For those who reached the bottom of the topic, thank you for reading!
Pages:
Jump to: