Pages:
Author

Topic: How can a person gain his/her trust in Bitcointalk forum? - page 2. (Read 282 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1018
Hello Leo! You can still win.
Do people even perform trades again in order to have positive trust? That was when the forum was created newly and possibility there were little/no exchanges, so members of this forum were trading between themselves.

If you want to be in DT, just start accusing people of alt accounts, start connecting people's addresses, start bursting cheating bounty hunters and you would be surprised how fast you will be on DT.
Activity: 560
Merit: 366
Trust and reputation can be gained with time, a long time indeed. You can not gain it after one hour, one day or in short term.

After gaining it, you can continue your good works to maintain it or can destroy it easily by doing scam and something bad.

If you trust someone, you don't actually must leave a trust feedback. In the forum we have trust feedback but in life, we don't have it and we don't have to publicly say we trust someone else when we meet everyone.

LoyceV's Beginners guide to correct use of the Trust system
Activity: 2394
Merit: 756
Suppose if I buy something from a user in this forum ? And after the transaction and trading  am I supposed to ask him to give me a feedback in my profile ? And doing it, how do you see this ?

Why you want to get green trust rating? Its not really important you can still use this forum without having that.

But incase you want to build a good reputation consider this.

Have good transaction records
Have good contribution by providing helpful post especially to new users of this forum and to other old ones
Became a spam buster and reports scams happening on this forum.
Communicate very well and establish good relationship to other forum members

This are common things to consider but don't ask any user to give you + trust rating since they might not give what you ask, just let those things to happen and if dt members you deal didn't give then its fine move on just continue to became more better user of this forum.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 306
Seems you are trying to build with positive trust in your account due have one transaction success, I don't think necessary need review positive feedback or green trust on the first your transaction because your account level still newbie. Lets running with several transaction success and directly your costumer will give their green trust without ask to review.

However its seem little difficult if you want to buy seller or buyer trough your account still newbie, actually you need escrowed each transaction make and after several time success you will get positive trust in your Bitcointalk account.
Activity: 966
Merit: 801
Exchanges Enthusiast
To be honest, you probably shouldn't be asking for feedback on $1-$10 transactions, but for relatively high amounts like $100 - $1000, I think you deserve it as long as you're not begging. But until now, I haven't had any experience with this, so whatever I say is just an assumption.
You just giving a way for @OP to earn positive feedback by completing a trade that worth at least for $100, it really depends on case by case. Trading small amount money is worth to leave positive feedback too, especially when you think the account will scam since he doesn't have any reputation or get negative feedback.

I don’t believe someone should been give a positive feedback just because of a single successful transaction. It’s not the best use of the trust system in my opinion.
You don't need to have few successful trade in order to trust someone, a big money in single trade is worth for positive feedback.

However there are a lot inappropriate positive feedback used in this forum, I still think it's way more better to leave positive feedback for small amount trade rather than the user is scam buster, high rank, good guy, respected user etc.
Activity: 966
Merit: 545
You don’t need to ask for positive feedback, it’s quite normal for users to give positive feedback after a successful trade especially when it’s a non collateral loan. Some may give you a neutral trust for the duration of the transaction and an appropriate feedback. Everyone has their perspective and principle of the trust system, I don’t believe someone should been give a positive feedback just because of a single successful transaction. It’s not the best use of the trust system in my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 4380

Explained perfectly, but if OP can ask the user politely to drop a trust feedback on the profile it shouldn't harm anything or it will be not against the forum role. I ask my client or anyone to whom I provided the service to drop their feedback about the deal or the service I provided them politely.

Is this why you have 0 positive trust lol? In all seriousness IMO you should never ask for a positive feedback to be left. If someone wants to leave 1 they will, but then you have cases where users may have no clue how or why to leave trust, positive or negative. So, I think if you make a deal with a newer account you might ask them to leave a feedback and explain how it's done so that there's a record of the trade, but if making a deal with a seemingly seasoned member don't ask. If you want to leave them a feedback, go ahead.

As far as seeing it, the little +0/=0/-0 on the left hand side of each of your posts is where that is reflected. Be aware that only trust from DT members is seen by others unless they are looking at your profile and all feedbacks left.
Activity: 756
Merit: 133
- hello doctor who box
You do not need to ask anyone to give you positive trust, let the person think about it himself and willingly give you. Because we have a successful deal for just ones does not mean I should give you a positive trust, but I may decide to give you when we have more successful deals.

This can vary from individual to individual, some people may decide to give you positive trust after your first trade, while some people may still prefer to leave you a neutral trust and later change it to positive trust after more successful trades between you both.
Explained perfectly, but if OP can ask the user politely to drop a trust feedback on the profile it shouldn't harm anything or it will be not against the forum role. I ask my client or anyone to whom I provided the service to drop their feedback about the deal or the service I provided them politely.
This can vary from individual to individual, some people may decide to give you positive trust after your first trade, while some people may still prefer to leave you a neutral trust and later change it to positive trust after more successful trades between you both.
But, from this forums point of view a neutral trust first and then turning it into a positive trust makes sense.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1226
Suppose if I buy something from a user in this forum ? And after the transaction and trading  am I supposed to ask him to give me a feedback in my profile ?
No, you don't need to ask for it.

how do you see this ?
This should vary from one user to another.
If it were me, I would be happy to give you positive feedback for successful trading without any problems. I consider the risks of trading, and if all of that goes smoothly without any problems then I reserve the right to give you that feedback.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 6871
Suppose if I buy something from a user in this forum ? And after the transaction and trading  am I supposed to ask him to give me a feedback in my profile ? And doing it, how do you see this ?
You can see your feedback (and everyone else) if you click on Trust in your profile.
If you make a trade with someone you can write a feedback on his profile if you want, but that is not mandatory.
Asking someone to give you feedback does not mean he they do that, and I would first work on being more active in forum.
Most people won't risk making any trades with random newbies who made few posts in forum.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 848
I don't think you should ask for reviews or feedback on the experiences of your trading transactions with forum members. Some of them will do it after the transaction is completed, but in some cases you may need to ask for that feedback especially for transactions involving large amounts of money.

To be honest, you probably shouldn't be asking for feedback on $1-$10 transactions, but for relatively high amounts like $100 - $1000, I think you deserve it as long as you're not begging. But until now, I haven't had any experience with this, so whatever I say is just an assumption.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 328

You do not need to ask for it. Those with good spirit will give you the positive feedback after you have dealt in business with them. Asking for it can get you into trouble if you ask from members who think you are doing it to up your trust score and then use it to scam others. The best you can do is relax and let your business partners score you willingly.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 4776
You do not need to ask anyone to give you positive trust, let the person think about it himself and willingly give you. Because we have a successful deal for just ones does not mean I should give you a positive trust, but I may decide to give you when we have more successful deals.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: