Pages:
Author

Topic: How can I identify a scammer using Bitcoin or crypto to scammer people - page 3. (Read 449 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 172
Because of the increase in the financial leverage of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency a lot of fraudster are budding under the umbrella of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to scammer people especially those who are not much grounded and knowledgeable of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency like me. Instance, some fraudster will send you a link through WhatsApp, Facebook and other social media telling you to click the link to register for cryptocurrency and Bitcoin with hope of making much money from the link but immediately you click the link they will access to all your information and then use hack your account and be using it for their fraudulence activities or better still scammer the you.
So if I may ask, how can we identify this kind of fraudsters?
you should know that it's not advisable to click any link someone sent to you iether in your social media accounts or in your email address. They know that novice are everywhere looking for easy way to earn money and they just frame up some stories to lure you into clicking there link and they can hack your account in the process or get access to most of your passwords. Understand that no one really spams your DM to bring a legit information to you. If they had a genuine information that pays well, they will most likely keep it to themselves or share it with thier immediate friends and family members.

Even when the person that sends you such link is someone that's close to you, don't be in a haste to click it, chat up the person to be sure that he's actually the one that sends it and that his account hasn't gotten into the wrong hands. Sometimes the mistake we do is to fall for anything we receive from our acquaintance not considering that there account could get hacked and used for a dubious purpose.

Another way to protect yourself is to copy the link to your clipboard and paste it in some URL checker that identifies if the link is fraudulent or not, there are some good site that will indicate that the said link you dropped is malicious and can give you additional details that will guide you as to if it's safe to work with the link or not. But the general role is that there is no free thing on the Internet. The number of those trying to steal from you always suppases the number of does that are willing to give you the right update and information so it's just best to trade safe.
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
Because of the increase in the financial leverage of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency a lot of fraudster are budding under the umbrella of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency to scammer people especially those who are not much grounded and knowledgeable of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency like me. Instance, some fraudster will send you a link through WhatsApp, Facebook and other social media telling you to click the link to register for cryptocurrency and Bitcoin with hope of making much money from the link but immediately you click the link they will access to all your information and then use hack your account and be using it for their fraudulence activities or better still scammer the you.
So if I may ask, how can we identify this kind of fraudsters?
Pages:
Jump to: