Pages:
Author

Topic: How can people be buying eth right now? - page 2. (Read 8164 times)

Activity: 916
Merit: 500
September 13, 2016, 11:37:22 PM
I'm not buying ethereum back yet. I'll wait for it to go a lot cheaper.

you should actually start buying now for it will go up later. $11 isd the cheapest you can buy them for now. you won't be seeing this price later so if you missed the last stop, this is your chance buy now for there's only one way ticket left.  Grin Bear in mind that the price is what it is and is a good indication for a good coin to have. the people who holds it understands what eth is made of.

I think so. Any price below $20 is good to buy. There will be a big conference in China in three days.

Only few days away before the conference but there's no sign of massive pump coming. Perhaps the conference is not a big deal.
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
September 13, 2016, 02:10:36 PM
I hold back my judgement of ETH when the next big exploit on a big ethereum contract will be discovered.

Is there actually some statistics on how much ethereum there is in each of the public contracts on ethereum ?
The DAO was a crazily high fraction of ethereum, but what is the next biggest thing on ethereum ?
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
September 13, 2016, 01:28:38 PM

you should actually start buying now for it will go up later. $11 isd the cheapest you can buy them for now. you won't be seeing this price later so if you missed the last stop, this is your chance buy now for there's only one way ticket left.  Grin Bear in mind that the price is what it is and is a good indication for a good coin to have. the people who holds it understands what eth is made of.

I think so. Any price below $20 is good to buy. There will be a big conference in China in three days.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 04, 2016, 11:10:06 PM

Activity: 203
September 04, 2016, 10:10:26 PM
Ethereum will pump like monero did in a couple of weeks.  $50 probably soon.

I think it is possible only if it happens but highly doubt it.
Activity: 910
September 04, 2016, 09:53:55 PM
It doesn't make any sense.  Is it being manipulated by top bagholders who are using their money to keep buying the sell offs to give it the smoke and mirror effect of looking like Eth isn't bleeding out?
I can still buy Eth i saw eth on exchange website and eth is working with the best developer so they can maintain the security of the website after what happen and their a lots of sponsor who can support ether i am also waiting for the big pump and hoping that eth would be fine.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
September 04, 2016, 06:08:22 PM
Ethereum will pump like monero did in a couple of weeks.  $50 probably soon.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
September 04, 2016, 01:24:06 PM
How much ETC can drop in price? Is it a good time to fill the bags?

i am thinking the same because i have been waiting for a big pump in ETC because it has been waiting for a big pump but i guess since the manipulators are only working with ETH they don't pump ETC for the time being.

I do not think there will be a big pump for ETC. There are many big owner are the supporters of the ETH. They will make sure the price does not rise.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
August 31, 2016, 11:19:10 PM

i am thinking the same because i have been waiting for a big pump in ETC because it has been waiting for a big pump but i guess since the manipulators are only working with ETH they don't pump ETC for the time being.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 31, 2016, 10:21:05 PM

I am the same as you. There is no demand for it and there is now doubt with their development team because of the sloppy hard fork. Also the attempted dump of ETC by them also made them look bad because it really looked like they intended to destroy the classic chain.

When is the next developer convention for Ethereum? It would be good to know if the attendees are as many as the past conventions. That could be used as a barometer to measure the interest of the people in Ethereum.

This September i guess here in Asia still, i believe the next developer convention for Ethereum is in Hongkong.

There is a demand for ETH, they are regularly used as gas for tokens to be sent. Right now is the right time to buy ETH for its still cheaper don't believe those who kept fuding about ETH. of course they do have their own intention. you need to learn how to coin operates before listening to these fud.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1440
August 31, 2016, 10:07:54 PM

I am the same as you. There is no demand for it and there is now doubt with their development team because of the sloppy hard fork. Also the attempted dump of ETC by them also made them look bad because it really looked like they intended to destroy the classic chain.

When is the next developer convention for Ethereum? It would be good to know if the attendees are as many as the past conventions. That could be used as a barometer to measure the interest of the people in Ethereum.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 31, 2016, 10:47:56 AM
Activity: 804
DAO ↔ DApp
August 23, 2016, 05:26:24 AM
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
August 23, 2016, 03:19:11 AM
I made a thread about bots on Poloniex and I think it's a number of people just using bots against ETH to create it's volume. The more people that switch there bots to other currencies the more the ETH price will start to fall. Until then even 10k btc in bot programs can keep the marketcap elevated like this.
legendary
August 23, 2016, 01:17:58 AM
Ethereum is just amateur hour.  I think other projects, if they were to hit $1 billion, would advance the cause of cryptocurrency a lot further than Ethereum could ever hope to. Ethereum only ever raised $20 million and they liquidated their foundation pretty quick.  Meaning no money is leftover for global expansion and marketing.

Before the exposure of the DAO to the attack and the hard fork I would have argued against you. I thought Vitalik was a boy genius who would save the world. I even watched the feature of him on BBC. Now yes. Ethereum, the foundation and Vitalik is just amateur hour. They do not know what they are really doing.

And what are you saying that the Ethereum foundation is liquidated?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/39ql68/who_is_driving_the_ship/

Making a reference to the Skype Chat Leaks.  Happened before the DAO.  Pretty much the inner circle of Ethereum admitted they pretty much blew through $20 million like drunken sailors and they were going to have to shut down.   The leaks also showed what they thought about investors and this was really foreshadow for the stuff we later saw in 2016.

By chance of miracle, the pump to $1 billion just happened in time to bail them out a bit but the foundation by now, I imagine, is probably nearly out of money again...

Just as I predicted. All the Ethereum foundation is doing is waiting for the money to run out then call it quits. Even if they tried to find investors to give them money no one will be willing to invest in them because of their incompetence and corruption.
Activity: 201
August 22, 2016, 07:03:13 AM
Ethereum is just amateur hour.  I think other projects, if they were to hit $1 billion, would advance the cause of cryptocurrency a lot further than Ethereum could ever hope to. Ethereum only ever raised $20 million and they liquidated their foundation pretty quick.  Meaning no money is leftover for global expansion and marketing.

Before the exposure of the DAO to the attack and the hard fork I would have argued against you. I thought Vitalik was a boy genius who would save the world. I even watched the feature of him on BBC. Now yes. Ethereum, the foundation and Vitalik is just amateur hour. They do not know what they are really doing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/39ql68/who_is_driving_the_ship/

Making a reference to the Skype Chat Leaks.  Happened before the DAO.  Pretty much the inner circle of Ethereum admitted they pretty much blew through $20 million like drunken sailors and they were going to have to shut down.   The leaks also showed what they thought about investors and this was really foreshadow for the stuff we later saw in 2016.

By chance of miracle, the pump to $1 billion just happened in time to bail them out a bit but the foundation by now, I imagine, is probably nearly out of money again...
legendary
August 22, 2016, 04:09:53 AM

legendary
August 22, 2016, 04:07:01 AM
ETH is almost centralized and even ethereum foundation seems to be doing price manupulation which can be proved when they caught trying to sell ETC they hold to buy back and pump ETH price few weeks ago. So actually the one who buying ETH right now and supporting price at this bottom are whales and ETH foundation itself.
Honestly i dont know if those supporters are whales.. because we know ethereum before its already rise and confirm that there is a potencial to grow..
Look at the coinbase they are now also have a wallet for eth. So it means eth also have a good potencial to grow in the future that can be a second alternative for bitcoin..

No. After doing some research on Ethereum they do not have a platform that would scale. In their current model the dapps will have errors and failures when the transactions increase in the platform. Vitalik is aware of this so it would be smart for him to slow down development and keep it small. That is the opposite of having good potential to grow. Maybe only grow the price of the coin but not the platform. Cheesy
Ethereum platform grew too fast and too big in short period of time - too short. It is fairly obvious that this state will generate problems of various magnitude.
We could observe one big problem - DAO hack, I am sure that there will be more, plenty of problems.

The only redeeming factor is that ETH has great, dedicated devs team, so although centrally controlled ETH is still growing. Which saddens me.

The Ethereum platform grew too fast? Or do you mean the ETH's price grew too fast? Because the platform has not even grown into anything. Do you see dapps that are working with hundreds of thousands of people using them regularly in their daily lives? Are the transactions in the Ethereum platform at par with bitcoin?

There is not even real use in Ethereum yet.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
August 22, 2016, 02:32:35 AM
right now, ETH wants to take first position in all market, because i think the traders want to make pump and want to bring back the rate to 0.02 or even up to 0.03, but i think it needs a time before its really up. and for ETC, the rate still go down, i don't know why, but maybe its just panic sell from traders. i wonder if there is another varian from ETH that will be launch in this year. would it be good for ETH or not, let see what will happen later  Grin
Activity: 201
August 22, 2016, 01:34:46 AM
Ethereum is just amateur hour.  I think other projects, if they were to hit $1 billion, would advance the cause of cryptocurrency a lot further than Ethereum could ever hope to. Ethereum only ever raised $20 million and they liquidated their foundation pretty quick.  Meaning no money is leftover for global expansion and marketing.

Pages:
Jump to: