Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency? - page 32. (Read 52948 times)

Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
dont be greedy
Not necessarily.  If I'm not mistaken, payment processors like Bitpay convert to fiat instantly so that there's no exchange rate risk for the merchant to deal with.  But volatility certainly does prevent businesses from actually accepting bitcoin (as opposed to bitcoin that's converted to fiat by the payment processor).  It obviously wouldn't be good for any merchant if they got a payment in bitcoin and then the price crashed shortly thereafter. 
that means transaction are not done directly, and requires the role of a third party to convert money instantly, IMO risks and additional costs are inevitable here
You did manage to overcome the volatility problem here, but you failed in utilizing the actual decentralized features,
Activity: 80
Merit: 4
In fact, the currency of the Bitcoin is becoming more popular regardless of the state of the bearish market now, but we can say that it gained its position among the most currencies that facilitate the exchange, especially in e-commerce and this will make the society more free.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
The current highlighted problem for bitcoin is the volatility, we all know that using a currency that has a high volatility is very uncomfortable.
One of the solutions to solve this is by make the volume increase.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
To get people to use currency, more online e-commerce platform can be encourage to accept Bitcoin as a mean of transaction on there website, also  there is a need to increase the awareness on the important of BTC  in our society, alot of individual still believe it is a ponzi scheme or a get quick rich platform
Activity: 353
Merit: 12
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.

We are here to back-up and support of bitcoin. bitcoin will never become currency if it is not become number 1 choice and primary use to people anytime. for the mean time the bitcoin status is used for alternative option to become a source of income to people.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
People will naturally use a cryptocurrency as a currency if there's a decent one. There's a lot of factors that need to be considered for people to use it. Cryptocurrency is anonymous and decentralized and that is what the majority fears. It needs some sort of regulation to control it for the safety of the user.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.

Well if that means for main currency i think it's impossible to use bitcoin as payment. micro transaction know also needed for some people.
Currency in crypto means is for alternative digital payment that people use daily on the internet or with any digital business.

We can convinced people to use bitcoin as currency ,but first they should be given enough overview , the concept of cryptocurrency in order to broaden their mind the important use of bitcoin and the same time investments, so if they understand they will surely go for bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
Bitcoin for me will only be just a digital currency not a physical currency. It is the reason why people got interested in using and transacting with it because it is a digital currency. Bitcoin proves that our technology is advanced.

Well it is for a lot of us since not all of us are using Bitcoin at their daily lives. For me, Bitcoin is a crytpo currency that can give you a good amount of profit when the time comes. Instead of using them, I prefer holding or saving them since the price of it change quickly and might give me a good profit as the price pumps. No one knows what might happen but all I know is that when people knew that we are earning money using Bitcoin, a lot of them will be willing to invest on it.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 326

Well if that means for main currency i think it's impossible to use bitcoin as payment. micro transaction know also needed for some people.
Currency in crypto means is for alternative digital payment that people use daily on the internet or with any digital business.
Activity: 1071
Merit: 253
Bitcoin for me will only be just a digital currency not a physical currency. It is the reason why people got interested in using and transacting with it because it is a digital currency. Bitcoin proves that our technology is advanced.
But I think it can prove that we can use this currency as a real currency for example online shopping we can use bitcoin as a currency and we can buy everything with this currency cars, house etc, so easily we will get everything for our all purpose so that's why we can save our time in this busy life, so it will very good to use bitcoin as a currency.
Activity: 573
Merit: 105
Activity: 187
If you look at the terms of the currency, I'm pessimistic that bitcoin will become a currency. Because bitcoin does not have a real base/item that is shaped as a currency, it is different with nominal money. Besides that bitcoin has a volatile value and the price is not fixed and can change in every second, different from real money. So in my opinion bitcoin will not be a currency in the general sense but has its own understanding as a crypto currency that has a sale value.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
Making people use bitcoin as a currency isn't a big deal. Earlier bitcoin was portrayed negatively by media and it got its major use on gambling and dark web. Now scenario is different, bitcoin is being used all around similar to currency. Possibly by 2020 we can see at least 10% if people using bitcoin as currency.
yes you are right, this is just a matter of trust and one's liking. but lately the bitcoin enthusiasts are reduced maybe because the price has dropped dramatically and the current market conditions. yes, hopefully what you say happens even more later. wait and see what will happen in 2020.
Activity: 826
Merit: 100
Making people use bitcoin as a currency isn't a big deal. Earlier bitcoin was portrayed negatively by media and it got its major use on gambling and dark web. Now scenario is different, bitcoin is being used all around similar to currency. Possibly by 2020 we can see at least 10% if people using bitcoin as currency.
I hope that hope will be realized so that the development will be more rapid, because in my country, bitcoin is planned only as a digital asset, not as a means of payment. at least there will be more opportunities to pay to use it, although in neighboring countries
Activity: 230
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
I know you do not like it but all of those that are using bitcoin as a way to invest or to trade are using it as a medium of exchange, they are using their bitcoin to buy other cryptocurrencies or to buy fiat with it, even fiat currencies that are so big and powerful are used for that so I really do not see anything wrong with it because that was bound to happen anyway.

Actually too long bear market and decline of bitcoin prices continuously, made lack of interest and trust amount the investors and they are hesitant to invest in it.  Fiat of the other hand is somewhat stable and we do not see so much fluctuations in it as compare to bitcoins.
Activity: 162
I ever read that bitcoin now is already used for payments in several countries, there are many stores receiving bitcoin as payment. I think this doesn't need a literary definition or bitcoin is literally define as a currency even though in some countries this is not officially regulated or accepted as currency.
Activity: 378
The literal definition of currency is easy, something that can be used for payments based on the agreement of two people or sides. Bitcoin now is becoming recognizing to used for payments in some countries. I think this is the beginning of bitcoin become a real currency that unite all currency around the world.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
Bitcoin is the currency of this age
Bitcoin is still an evolving technology as the level of acceptance increase, the demand for BTC will be on the increase,  soon more online e-commerce firm will accept BTC as a means of transaction this will ultimately increase the value and price of BTC. Also when government globally accept and legalise the use of BTC  this will have a positive impact on it use.
copper member
Activity: 327
Merit: 0
I think that if there are already many stores that accept cryptocurrency, people will use it for payment, and it's likely that the cryptocurrency will be the future money because many have adopted crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: