Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency? - page 29. (Read 52948 times)

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
Regulation is just really the big hindrance at this moment or the government itself but it's actually easy to get people to use it if it is resolved. Most of products that are just newly launched frequently give discounts and promos to attract new customers and that is an easy way to make them use btc if we copy that strategy.
so far I have only found people who use bitcoin like money on the internet. well, that's because bitcoin can't be used as a medium of exchange in some countries. That's because the government has a regulation that makes illegal bitcoin used as a currency, because it contradicts several applicable regulations. however, some countries still allow using bitcoin as an investment tool.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
Regulation is just really the big hindrance at this moment or the government itself but it's actually easy to get people to use it if it is resolved. Most of products that are just newly launched frequently give discounts and promos to attract new customers and that is an easy way to make them use btc if we copy that strategy.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1008
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think one of the best way to get people use bitcoin is when we keep using it And speak good news about it to others. It may be quite difficult at this time because most of us are not enjoying the best of it, we are just enduring this period and it is not sweet to ears when we are complaining bitter. But hopefully when the bull run comes and people see what is coming out of it, they will ask us themselves.

When the big guns have invested so much at 18K price and now look at the price , we might talk good about it but what matters is everyone who is using and who holds majority stake ( although they have suffered loss ) talks good about it .
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
I think one of the best way to get people use bitcoin is when we keep using it And speak good news about it to others. It may be quite difficult at this time because most of us are not enjoying the best of it, we are just enduring this period and it is not sweet to ears when we are complaining bitter. But hopefully when the bull run comes and people see what is coming out of it, they will ask us themselves.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 306
Price fluctuations are the main problem, bitcoin is not suitable to be used as a payment currency because the price is very unstable.
Activity: 119
Merit: 0
Bitcoin can be used if legalized by the state because it can increase public trust and make it a common transaction tool to replace fiat with a fast process.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
Exactly. That is the point of introducing cryptocurrencies to more people. We should just make it a habit of them and get used to it without making them know. For example, if you sell things and you accept cryptos as a way of paying it is a way of giving them the incentive to get them involved and study about what Bitcoin is.

There needs to be an involvement of crypto enthusiasts with the purpose of driving people into using cryptocurrencies for their daily lives. Without promotion/marketing, people will not be aware that Bitcoin exists as an alternative medium of exchange. I believe that what's limiting Bitcoin into being used by anyone in the world, is its volatility and lack of user friendliness. It needs to be able to maintain itself stable in price, while being cheap and efficient to be able to compete against traditional payment systems.

Once this is achieved, then many merchants and businesses will begin to accept Bitcoin, attracting new people into the digital currency. Hopefully, with the Lightning Network and further regulations from governments towards crypto exchanges, Bitcoin can achieve stability in price while being instant, and cheap for anyone to use around the world. In the meantime, not many people will use Bitcoin as a currency because of said limitations. Just my opinion Smiley
Activity: 7
It's not so much an issue of acceptance, but an issue of scalability. Bitcoin processes 7 transactions per second. It doesn't have the framework to sustain mainstream adoption as a currency. Bitcoin cash deals with this issue, but it's still nowhere near the likes of VISA.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
I have used bitcoin to buy goods (some items), we can only transact with people who understand bitcoin and cryptocurrency if we use bitcoin to someone who does not understand it he will never want to use it . and of course if bitcoin stable more people want bitcoin

I agree with your opinion because not all people understand the use of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. Online shops that accept bitcoin are still limited in this time especially in a country where bitcoin is not yet popular because of government sanction. In wealthy countries, there might a good number of stores or shops that accept bitcoins and there is a high chance that you can get people to use bitcoin as one of their currencies.

why not educate them so that they wontt be left behind ?  if a person dont understand bitcoin , it does not mean that he will not understand it forever . as soon as you show your proofs that bitcoin can make you earn cash  , for sure it can attract others  .   thats what im actully doing right now  . i encourage my friends and neighbors or any other people that i come across becuase i want bitcoin to become popular here on our country  . 
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
I have used bitcoin to buy goods (some items), we can only transact with people who understand bitcoin and cryptocurrency if we use bitcoin to someone who does not understand it he will never want to use it . and of course if bitcoin stable more people want bitcoin

I agree with your opinion because not all people understand the use of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. Online shops that accept bitcoin are still limited in this time especially in a country where bitcoin is not yet popular because of government sanction. In wealthy countries, there might a good number of stores or shops that accept bitcoins and there is a high chance that you can get people to use bitcoin as one of their currencies.
Activity: 896
Merit: 630
We need to increase demand for use of bitcoin in payment sytems. In order to make this there is only one way. To tell people how easy and safe it is to use it in bitcoin filing systems and to convince them. After demand comes, goverments can resist their voters and start to consider let use of bitcoin in traditional markets and business.
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Donating 10% to charity
It isn't that easy to make people to use bitcoin similar to currency. For the same what we need is more marketplace to accept bitcoin as well other digital currencies. Right now only very few online Marketplaces have been accepting bitcoin into their businesses. Day to day usage need to increase only then it can get be sure to be same as currency.

This is exactly what i always say!. Attempting to sell the possible stabilization of Bitcoin soon is just plain unrealistic, it won't happen until years later.

What we can do is start to promote the wide usage of it and the more people see it in stores the more used they get to it and the more realistic it seems more than an "ethereal bubble" which is most people thinks right now.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

That is obvious man. And why would they even accept Bitcoin if they know nothing about it? These merchants accept Bitcoin since they know that they will be having a profit in the long run. And if you are saying that people will want Bitcoin more if it is stable, I think that will be harder since we all know that Bitcoin is a decentralized and a volatile crypto currency.
currently there are still a few who accept bitcoin as a means of payment, about 1% of the world's population uses it and it is spread throughout the world, so that only in certain online stores we easily find transactions using btc
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

That is obvious man. And why would they even accept Bitcoin if they know nothing about it? These merchants accept Bitcoin since they know that they will be having a profit in the long run. And if you are saying that people will want Bitcoin more if it is stable, I think that will be harder since we all know that Bitcoin is a decentralized and a volatile crypto currency.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 275
I make people use bitcoin or crypto currencies, I think it depends on the government, we cannot do anything if the government prohibits and has not formalized the crypto currency as the applicable currency
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
In my community, there are now markets and stores that accepting cryptocurrencies. They became aware to what it is because of the local government. They created a program where people will learn what it is and how to use it.
copper member
Activity: 196
Activity: 23
People will use Bitcoin in everyday life as a normal currency when the state allows it. Fiat currencies are now too strong to give way to cryptocurrency. Moreover, it takes a lot of time to do this. If this will happen, then it will take at least 5 years.
Although the first steps in this direction are already there. On the Internet there are regular stores where you can buy using Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
It isn't that easy to make people to use bitcoin similar to currency. For the same what we need is more marketplace to accept bitcoin as well other digital currencies. Right now only very few online Marketplaces have been accepting bitcoin into their businesses. Day to day usage need to increase only then it can get be sure to be same as currency.
Activity: 418
Merit: 10
"simply getting the job done"
People will start using Bitcoin as a currency in everyday life when the state allows it. At the moment, the state’s trust in Bitcoin is not yet available. Let's see what will happen next.
And currently, only a few Countries have accepted Bitcoin as a legitimate payment method (currency). I am sure, they are waiting for the digital currency (Bitcoin) to stabilize in value. Because if the value is not stable, they assume this will bring a big loss when using it as a currency.
Pages:
Jump to: