Pages:
Author

Topic: How can we get people to use bitcoin as a currency? - page 50. (Read 52948 times)

Activity: 368
Merit: 104
what people think is always different each other. some people use it as currency for a while and other use for cash. and i admit it, im here for cash too. but we got thing other than cash.
people will do what ever as long as it is profit for theirself. if it profitable as currency, they will use it as currency.
government must support crypto and implement in their country. try little by little in some market.
It’s a thing of choice. Despite that Bitcoin is volatile and not stable, there are people who makes use of it as a way of sending and receiving payments. So since others are not interested, you can’t force them. And Bitcoin is also meant to be volatile and you can’t change that. If it was stable, then people would have had interest in making use of it.
Activity: 454
Merit: 10
"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"
I think simple people like us cannot convince many people to use bitcoin as a currency. If we want to get more people to use bitcoin. Only the government can convince more people. Because they have the resources to promote bitcoin anywhere.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
It's really hard to convince people to use bitcoin as a currency given the fact that it's very volatile. Its market value is constantly rising up and high so that means a 1btc cup of coffee today can cost 0.01btc in the next few hours.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
As long as everybody has an access to the internet, then there's a possibility that BTC can be used by everyone. It is obviously a digital currency wherein internet is the basic and needed way.
When we use our coins for our daily needs, people will come to know about it and when we tell them about the benefits of bitcoin they will take interest because bitcoin is not only currency but also a very profitable business. Two in one will be acceptable to everyone. They will easily come towards bitcoin because everyone wants more and more money to earn.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
Even online, there are only a few stores who are accepting it as payment.
Bitcoin is using as currency all over the world with the passage of time it is spreading much more, although there are many countries where the Bitcoin is banned due to some reasons. Banks in Germany are now using the Bitcoin for they are to pay their loans with more benefited way that is why they are using Bitcoin as payment of loans. Due to its friction-less transaction facility with low cost make it our best choice.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
People cannot be forced to do anything in their cryptocurrency against their will. They will start using Bitcoin as a means of payment only if all the necessary conditions exist for this and it will be beneficial for them to do so.
Now there is not enough developed infrastructure to freely use Bitcoin as a means of payment, which is why it is so rarely used in this capacity. So far, most states have not decided on the legalization of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and without this the infrastructure for its use will not develop.
Activity: 700
Merit: 252
How can we get people to use bitcoin as a real currency and not just a quick way to get cash as a lot of people seem to do? When I say currency, I mean the literal definition of currency as something that is used as a medium of exchange.
still requires a long process and time for the process, because there are still many countries that have not legalized and inaugurated crypto currency as the prevailing currency, if all countries have inaugurated the cryptocurrency as the currency that is valid, of course people will use the currency Crypto as a legal and official payment instrument
Activity: 476
As a currency, crypto has been accepted onlibe. As viable payment for internet services and premium content viewing. I've seen only a handful of businesses accepting crypto currency in the real world, ranging from clothes to food. But these businesses are very strict about the amount of stuff you have to pay for.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
There are some issues that prevent Bitcoin become currency, the stability of Bitcoin is not too good, the price swing too much and too deep makes the local store difficult tonsetbtheir profit, the other issue is the legality, many countries still have an unclear legality,this makes the investors become not sure to invest in crypto
Activity: 28
Many business operation has used bitcoin as a currency but the amount is a little bit. therefore , what We need do is encouraging people use it as a legal currency . TO achieve this goal, some regulation need to be undertaken, such as increasing the stability, security, or avoid being scammed
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

you should first pray for governments to regulate bitcoin because only with all governments regulating bitcoin it may be possible to use bitcoin as currency. Let's give an example, imagine if in my country bitcoin was regulated and I had the bitcoin debit card, I could buy many things using bitcoin, the markets could have machines that would allow me to buy things using bitcoin, the gas stations could have machines that allow me to pay for gasoline using bitcoin. but this is all possible if bitcoin is regulated by all countries.

that's not what makes something a currency/medium of exchange.

all throughout history, there have been prevalent mediums of exchange before government regulation existed---various forms of commodity money, seashells, stones, salt, rice, etc.

the fundamental issue is that most consumers have no interest in using bitcoin at the register. the vast majority of consumers don't even own bitcoins. and those that own bitcoins probably don't want to spend them (see above re: gresham's law).

if consumers wanted to spend them, merchants would accept them. there are very few places where it's illegal to transact in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Wanting bitcoin to become official currency and used in everyday life, bitcoin needs to be price stable. The price of bitcoin also depends on investors and the money market, high prices at low. How do we dare to use the official in daily payments.
Activity: 348
Merit: 10
Bitcoin can be use for any transactions but i think it will be a currency if it is on stable price and if  all people  accept bitcoin. We know that there are people who are really against bitcoin but if they really understand  the capability of it people will adopt it slowly but it will takes time to become a currency.
bitcoin will not be stable because the price is volatile and easily fluctuates every year. not everyone will use bitcoin and success with it, because the success of that person is different.

I think the first step is came from the store or malls, because if they accept it, people follow to used it as a currency.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
Bitcoin can be use for any transactions but i think it will be a currency if it is on stable price and if  all people  accept bitcoin. We know that there are people who are really against bitcoin but if they really understand  the capability of it people will adopt it slowly but it will takes time to become a currency.
bitcoin will not be stable because the price is volatile and easily fluctuates every year. not everyone will use bitcoin and success with it, because the success of that person is different.
Activity: 518
Activity: 420
I think all of that is based on the belief that bitcoin has value. though, to become a legitimate currency must meet certain criteria. the first time money is created, it must be backed up with something that has values such as gold, silver, and others. the more money in circulation, the more gold is stored by a management agency.
to be accepted as a payment instrument, first instill the belief that bitcoin has value not only on the exchange machine, but can enter the real market. to achieve that, bitcoin must get approval from the government as a regulator. so, the point is the regulation. if the government has made a regulation that legalizes bitcoin as a means of payment, then bitcoin itself will be easily accepted by the people in the country.
Activity: 994
Merit: 11
Daxetoken.net

Bitcoin was created with the nature of being Volatile. It could not be a national currency because it is not stable. And people earn a lot of profit because of bitcoin volatility. Bitcoin is dessigned to be a digital asset and investment not just a currency. Just my opinion.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
bitcoin is almost like a currency and can be used as a transaction tool, but the function of bitcoin as a medium of exchange cannot be used generally in society because most countries have not been able to form bitcoin as a legitimate payment transaction tool and are still a pros and cons in most country
Yes.If all of the countries will agree to make bitcoin a legit currency,then for sure people will start practicing this and those who have not known bitcoin will start studying it so that they can cope up with the fast changing technology nowadays.
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
Bitcoin BTC can be a currency only if its price is stable.
I think not! Why? Because I consider it as a currency today. However, it is just a digital P2P currency where we can send and receive whether we are in any part of the world. It is not stable because bitcoin is a volatile coin and because of its supply, it has a high fluctuation. Therefore, bitcoin does not need to be currency because it invented as an innovated form of currency.
Activity: 759
Merit: 105
Then introduce it to them to use it but if you mean that use it like a fiat currency there must be some regulations to settle first before doing so, because first of all we are talking about money and it could affect in our daily lives, businesses, and other factors that needed to pay with cash, i mean flat hard cash.
Pages:
Jump to: