Pages:
Author

Topic: How can you cool/vent the rigs in a garage? - page 3. (Read 745 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
What size attic fans CFM wise?

i use six attic fans for 200 gpu , my neighbor are closer than urs but my garage
is detached
1500 cfm each , they use around 260 watts each

noemaly i only ever have 4 on but with comininf spring
ive had to turn all six on which is not ideal.  Next few weeks
ill add ain intake fan 2500 cfm , to bring in outside air , that way the
total air in the garage gets exchanged faster ,

it should reall help impove tempa even further
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
What size attic fans CFM wise?

i use six attic fans for 200 gpu , my neighbor are closer than urs but my garage
is detached
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
is detached
That vent out of your roof on your garage, is that just in an attic above the garage? If so you could just vent directly into the attic and that would work perfect.

Thanks for the tips Smiley

GPU miners shouldn't be that loud.  In the picture at the top of the garage door where the light is coming through, are those panels removable in anyway?  They are not loud at all. Its just that if i vent thru the garage door, then that air coming out, whatever healthy cfm (3000 cfm for example) will be a loud enough to echo.

Or what about making a vent out the roof of the garage?  I thought about this. Maybe a fan in the ceiling thru the attic with some gooseneck at the roof. My concern there is that high flow air, once again will be loud and HOA is all over any mod.

I have an office attached to my garage and I setup a gable fan from Amazon to constantly suck the air out of the room so it keeps the air flowing and the hot air is being removed.  (It's not summer here yet, will see how that goes).

I really hope it works well.
Activity: 37

One of the comments on this imgur set:
That is the ugliest house i've ever seen

Don't pay any attention to him. But your house could probably do better with more windows on the side and a roof that extends past the walls. You know, like a normal house roof.
I guess it would depend on how big of a vent fan you are using.  I'm using one that pushes 3010 cfm.. It's about 80DB right next to it, but say 10 feet away it's only like 65 db. 

I'm using this one  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0116TNQJ0/ref=twister_B073ZNGR6S

It draws 250w power when on so not terrible there either and definitely moves some air.

Good luck! let me know what you come up with.

GPU miners shouldn't be that loud.  In the picture at the top of the garage door where the light is coming through, are those panels removable in anyway?  They are not loud at all. Its just that if i vent thru the garage door, then that air coming out, whatever healthy cfm (3000 cfm for example) will be a loud enough to echo.

Or what about making a vent out the roof of the garage?  I thought about this. Maybe a fan in the ceiling thru the attic with some gooseneck at the roof. My concern there is that high flow air, once again will be loud and HOA is all over any mod.

I have an office attached to my garage and I setup a gable fan from Amazon to constantly suck the air out of the room so it keeps the air flowing and the hot air is being removed.  (It's not summer here yet, will see how that goes).

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

GPU miners shouldn't be that loud.  In the picture at the top of the garage door where the light is coming through, are those panels removable in anyway?  Maybe you could put a vent and some type of fan connected there to pull the air out of the garage.

Or what about making a vent out the roof of the garage? 

Just a thought.

Hey guys, big fan of the vibe here...I have been doing some insane research but still have no clear result, as to what path to take.

PROBLEM: I need to get my 30 gpu mining cards out of my house, I live in Florida and heat is not helping with my a.c. and cost.

SOLUTION INTENDED: place rigs in my garage.

I need ideas as to how to vent the rigs in my garage. My issue is garage has no windows, just the garage door. And also my HOA is a b i t c h with doing mods.

I was thinking venting out thru the garage roof but I bet the air coming out will be loud. My neighbors are close. Any ideas?

Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/Q3UAm
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hey guys, big fan of the vibe here...I have been doing some insane research but still have no clear result, as to what path to take.

PROBLEM: I need to get my 30 gpu mining cards out of my house, I live in Florida and heat is not helping with my a.c. and cost.

SOLUTION INTENDED: place rigs in my garage.

I need ideas as to how to vent the rigs in my garage. My issue is garage has no windows, just the garage door. And also my HOA is a b i t c h with doing mods.

I was thinking venting out thru the garage roof but I bet the air coming out will be loud. My neighbors are close. Any ideas?

Pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/Q3UAm
Pages:
Jump to: