Pages:
Author

Topic: How could Pirate fuck your brains so well that even now many believe in him? - page 6. (Read 10896 times)

legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
you're down the bitcoin rabbit hole way too deep. take a step back, look back in history, what is more likely to happen?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Ive always assumed it to be a ponzi, but if anything, right now Im more inclined to believe pirate will somehow pay out than I was 2 weeks ago.

Why? Matthew might have ahmmm..  issues, but despite what he says, I dont believe he would really risk $100,000 on betting something that appears so unlikely, unless he knows something that we dont.
Bitlane is owed a fair chunk of money by pirate, but yesterday I saw he wanted to buy more debt (presumably, pirate debt). Is he nuts, or does he too now know something we dont?
GPUmax is still running and paying out every day.  

Lots of pirate backers have a large financial interest in everyone else assuming pirate will default, because it allows them to buy up pirate debt at a discount. Pirate might even be buying up his own debt at a discount through these proxies. So the fact he hasnt yet paid out, IMO says nothing.

What i do fear is that if pirate does pay up, it will be in very cheap coins, because I dont believe he could have made the profits that he promised, but perhaps he found a way to manipulate the value of btc that would allow him to pay out such sums in devalued coins. How? I have no idea, but to take an extreme example; assume he has been using his coins to fund some asic farm that has been mining a forked blockchain for a few months now, a chain now longer than the current blockchain. All he has to do is publish it and presto, he can pay out any amount of coins he wants. Im not saying I think thats whats happening, but something along those lines.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Bitcoin is supposed to be the most secure currency, but the way people handle it is like it's monopoly money.
I am surprised on how pro-pirate the atmosphere is still now, on Saturday without pirate paying out anybody.
-Matthew makes a bet about 10kBTC which seams a lot of money for him because he is sure that pirate will pay (and he is still confident at this moment)
-bids for TYGRR-P bonds still range >60% of face value, even with the issuer saying that pirate defaulted
-bitcoinmax accounts are still trading for >60% of their theoretical value
etc..

Is the human soul really made in way that makes it vulnerable for such scams by nature? I presume the pro-pirate users have a normal level of intelligence, so how could they get so brain-washed?
Did anybody follow the tony scam on SR? He fucked them over pretty nice in the forums, it also took some time for them to realize that there won't be anything arriving...

Stockholm syndrome as an explanation is not totally accurate IMHO.
Pages:
Jump to: