Pages:
Author

Topic: How did Bitcoin start to price increase? - page 15. (Read 10028 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
February 23, 2017, 09:23:50 PM
The same way everything else acquire its value, the law of supply and demand. Fortunately bitcoin is a limited supply. So if new demand arises, the price will easily rise too. Unfortunately, the volume is still low that whales can still manipulate the price by dumping and pumping bitcoins.

I agree on the "supply and demand" part, but I don't think "whales" are really manipulating the Bitcoin's price these days. To do that you have to risk millions or rather dozens of millions of USD. I doubt people are doing that actually.
The bigger the market cap the harder it is to influence it by single whale, but it is not impossible.
We know that there are old early adopters who own around 1% of all coins, it should be still easy for them to cause disturbance if they wanted.
There is more than certain - if Roger Ver or Winklevoss twins would dump their coins price of BTC would crash.
Plus, we have many more unknown bitcoin whales that are not eager to publicly flaunt their prosperity.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 23, 2017, 08:10:19 PM
Bitcoin price started to increase during december last 2016 and it became stable at around $900 and climp up faster and reached at $1000, then at january it lowers down a little bit. Now in february the price spikes up over $1000 and still climbing up higher and higher, so the as we see the demand really moving fast and people were almost adopting it as days past by.
that is true, it is really cool to see bitcoin price not going back down to anything less than 1 thousand dollars and I think it will never come back to such low prices
Activity: 421
Merit: 100
February 23, 2017, 07:49:05 PM
Bitcoin's value is constantly increasing. Why is the price of bitcoin increasing over time?

Because many investors are coming into bitcoin system. Actually, there many big companies are now accepted bitcoin in different countries, like in China, Australia, Europe, Singapore, Korean, Japan, and other's. and the people's demand now is high, so no wonder why the price is like a skyrocket. Cheesy
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
February 23, 2017, 06:47:10 PM
Bitcoin's value is constantly increasing. Why is the price of bitcoin increasing over time?
Maybe because of the whale incoming investors into bitcoin everyday. Aside from it there are lot of people too in different places came into bitcoin out of their curiosity and the huge volume of bitcoin was also have fast development. Meaning the rising up of bitcoin cannot be stop anymore because many people right now are getting to like bitcoin all around the world
This year bitcoin little summed users. Everyone is so happy that the price went up and then immediately fell on several indicators. This is bad.
Activity: 1092
February 23, 2017, 12:26:21 PM
Maybe because of the whale incoming investors into bitcoin everyday. Aside from it there are lot of people too in different places came into bitcoin out of their curiosity and the huge volume of bitcoin was also have fast development. Meaning the rising up of bitcoin cannot be stop anymore because many people right now are getting to like bitcoin all around the world
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
February 23, 2017, 11:20:31 AM
The same way everything else acquire its value, the law of supply and demand. Fortunately bitcoin is a limited supply. So if new demand arises, the price will easily rise too. Unfortunately, the volume is still low that whales can still manipulate the price by dumping and pumping bitcoins.

I agree on the "supply and demand" part, but I don't think "whales" are really manipulating the Bitcoin's price these days. To do that you have to risk millions or rather dozens of millions of USD. I doubt people are doing that actually.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
February 23, 2017, 10:26:49 AM
Bitcoin price increases and decrease based upon the demand to supply in correspondence to time. Other than this the price movement happens based upon the updation in the technology.
It depends of the supply and demand of the bitcoin to increase its price it self if you see the graph of bitcoin it always increase that fast and decrease that fast some said people are making fake volume to make jump on the price of bitcoins but if theres an good news is the price of bitcoin now is stable into $1100 up!
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
February 23, 2017, 09:21:45 AM
Bitcoin prices have been increasing since it was founded in 2009. It has not dropped back to the prices back then. The prices is primarily driven by supply and demand and not really anything else. If people want to buy bitcoin at that price and people want to sell at the same price, that what determines the prices.
from 2009 to date in 2017. bitcoin users continues to grow so the demand of bitcoin automatically increase. That's why bitcoin prices continue to rise from the first time launching
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
February 23, 2017, 07:08:29 AM
Start will maybe come again here nobody cant know that but I am really sure that it will never be like before growing maybe similar to start if somebody push bitcoin price.
of course bitcoin price is not going to come back to the low prices it was before, but it might actually drop a little bit before starting to grow once again, hopefully it will make us all some decent money.
Bitcoin now has 8 years behind it! It is fast maturing and becoming more formidable, so much so that dumping it can no longer be a walk over as was the case when only a handful of people were interested and holding it. Right now its market capitalization stood at $18,235,539,835 and that speaks volume of the level of acceptance of Bitcoin. What we shall be seeing is some occasional drops in price, which sooner or later gets corrected as Bitcoin is really destined for the moon.
Activity: 658
February 22, 2017, 07:34:41 PM
Start will maybe come again here nobody cant know that but I am really sure that it will never be like before growing maybe similar to start if somebody push bitcoin price.
of course bitcoin price is not going to come back to the low prices it was before, but it might actually drop a little bit before starting to grow once again, hopefully it will make us all some decent money.
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
February 22, 2017, 05:30:23 PM
I did not understand one bit  Huh Do you meant to be funny here as i cannot match anything what you have said.The price of bitcoin is directly dependent on the number of people interested in the coin and if things are good we could expect the EFT to be accepted this year so that the price rises again.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 22, 2017, 04:06:05 PM
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
February 22, 2017, 09:46:36 AM
Bitcoin prices have been increasing since it was founded in 2009. It has not dropped back to the prices back then. The prices is primarily driven by supply and demand and not really anything else. If people want to buy bitcoin at that price and people want to sell at the same price, that what determines the prices.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
February 22, 2017, 09:32:56 AM
Bitcoin price started to increase during december last 2016 and it became stable at around $900 and climp up faster and reached at $1000, then at january it lowers down a little bit. Now in february the price spikes up over $1000 and still climbing up higher and higher, so the as we see the demand really moving fast and people were almost adopting it as days past by.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
February 22, 2017, 07:27:39 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin increase because several factor

1. Bitcoin have masive adoption
2. Diff inc
3. Many company and goverment research about blockchain tech
4. User growth

Number 2 and number 3 isnt suitable to be the cause of bitcoins increase. But I would agree with number 1 and number 4 that has direct relation to the market supply and demand. If there is a massive adoption it will mean more users, and more users buying bitcoin increases the demand and that demand will trigger the mechanism for a price increase. The higher the demand the higher the price.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
February 22, 2017, 07:12:59 AM
I think that the price of the Bitcoin keeps rising because of how many people are using it.
the community keeps growing and so does the worth of the Bitcoin
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502
February 21, 2017, 10:46:09 PM
because from time to time bitcoin users the more it will increase the demand for bitcoin and that determines the price of bitcoin is demand and supply When demand for bitcoins increases, the price increases, and when demand falls, the price falls that is what determines the bitcoin price.
sometimes the price of bitcoin is often manipulated, especially country China
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 21, 2017, 06:35:31 PM
When bitcoin is created I saw some comments  that bitcoin grows from 0.001$ to 1000$ but i dont know which post is correct because there are many posts but idk which is true so bitcoin long ago was growing very fast and now it grow really slow about 3-4x per year.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
February 21, 2017, 06:25:29 PM
It's simply work in this way (let's assume that these random guy are millionare to make it simple)

random guy A think that the value will be higher than the current one by a certain amount, so he buy-->price increase

another one see the price increase so he buy also because he think the price will be even bigger, it's called speculation

bitcoin was only a speculative tool at the beginning, now that there are some good merchants it's also a currency, but not complete

Perhaps it is not right to search for too much detail. So the price increase can be explained in a very simple way. The price of everything in the market gains value on demand.
As you said, people are buying bitcoin when they think that their price will increase. As people buy bitcoin, the price of bitcoin is increasing.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
February 11, 2017, 06:57:50 AM
I think that the price of bitcoin start to increase when there is a hype created by the articles or rumors or even news that are being released in the internet. Those kind of moves are surely help the price of bitcoin to get skyrocket and we can see the result of it. Aside from hype, Increase in bitcoin users are also factor why the price is increasing and being stable for this kind of price.
Pages:
Jump to: