Pages:
Author

Topic: How did you get your first bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 10715 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 30, 2013, 05:39:35 AM
I buyed my first bitcoin(s)
Activity: 3
January 24, 2013, 02:26:02 PM
I mined it with a friend lol
Activity: 34
January 24, 2013, 11:19:02 AM
Earned BTC10 for a web design project  Cool
Activity: 3
January 24, 2013, 11:11:02 AM
My first coin was a gift from a fellow miner who wanted me to get involved... it certainly worked as I soon started investing via coinbase Smiley
Activity: 2
January 23, 2013, 07:41:31 PM
Bought 20 off EBay about 2 months ago. Definitely an expensive way to get started.
Activity: 6
January 23, 2013, 06:17:54 PM
I bought my first (and only) Bitcoin about 3 weeks ago.

I wanted to upgrade my account on NZBsRus.com to a VIP account and they only take Bitcoins, so I opened an account with Coinbase and bought a Bitcoin with money from my bank.  Then I sent the Bitcoin to NZBsRus and got my VIP account.

Now I am exploring the prospect of trading Bitcoins for UK PaySafeCards, which I need to maintain my subscription to a Usenet server in the Netherlands.

Simply a means to an end.
Activity: 7
January 23, 2013, 03:00:19 PM
Started mining in 2011, good times ...

Forgot about the whole thing for a while, and here I am again Smiley
Activity: 5
January 23, 2013, 02:07:46 PM
Started long time ago in mid 2010. Very small scale mining operation back then. Weather here is perfect for mining 10/12 months of the year.
Activity: 1
January 23, 2013, 11:18:35 AM
From an auction on mokimarket
Activity: 4
January 23, 2013, 11:17:52 AM
I had followed BTC for a while before stumbling across some long forgotten Liberty Reserve USD which I duly exchanged for BTC.

Unfortunately though, my 0.97BTC was not enough for the purchase I had planned on making.. So did I put it to one side while I waited for my (fiat)payday?

Cheesy Like hell I did, I went to Bitzino and within a matter of minutes turned it to 3.1BTC before losing it all again! Cheesy

Oh well, twas fun, and the experience has left me both interested and excited at the future for our favourite currency. Look forward to getting involved.

Cheers,
Ez
Activity: 6
January 23, 2013, 09:19:54 AM
Good question!
My bro has been mining for a while now, he's a computer scientist, I'm a digital artist. A few month ago he links me to the block chain site and tells me I should get a wallet so people can donate bitcoins to me via my website - its super easy and if I do, he'll donate 1 bitcoin. Well it was super easy so I did and sent him my "wallet address", within a couple of seconds my computer went "ding" and there is 1 bitcoin in my wallet.
Wow, so fast and easy! Whats more, it said it was worth $11.40. The next day $11.80. Today, worth over $16 and still rising!!! Amazing!
Activity: 9
January 23, 2013, 04:04:53 AM
I've acquired them through bitstamp.net with a SEPA transfer. the deposit was free. the EUR to BTC exchange fee was 0.5%. so this is pretty cheap IMO.
Activity: 21
January 23, 2013, 02:38:17 AM
mining it for first BTC
Activity: 4
January 23, 2013, 12:29:54 AM
Ive been doing a lot of reading about bitcoins and Ive come to find the concept incredible and especially so because of the time we live in. Im about to jump into this world, regardless of profit, and I ask of you all how you acquired your first bitcoin and at what cost?

Another question: where do you find yourself with bitcoins, an enthusiast, a trader, an exchanger, or a service/ good provider?   

Thank you for your insight, Im just trying to find were I belong in this niche! 

Me, I am just going to start mining
Activity: 7
January 22, 2013, 09:40:02 PM
I've purchased twice on coinbase.  It took a couple days, but it was pretty easy.  Price you purchase at doesn't get adjusted after the transaction happens, so no worries about the slightly slow approval process.
Activity: 28
January 22, 2013, 09:19:39 PM
BitInstant has been the easiest transaction for me. Just tried Coinbase for the first time a couple days ago, still making up my mind.

I've heard bad things about Bitinstant lately, I suggest you stay away for now. People claim they are selective scamming.

It seems that one, maybe two, newbies are having some issues. Why the FUD?

The FUD..? Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000
We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
January 22, 2013, 08:56:08 PM
I got my first piece of bitcoin through one of those faucets. Started rocking with BitInstant shortly thereafter, then flipped a couple btcs betting on college football at btcsportsbet.com Coins were going for $10.70ish around that time I believe. Price was pretty stable for a while.

After that I flipped my first coin on ebay for $22 and the rest is history.

bang bang
edd
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
January 22, 2013, 05:35:18 PM
BitInstant has been the easiest transaction for me. Just tried Coinbase for the first time a couple days ago, still making up my mind.

I've heard bad things about Bitinstant lately, I suggest you stay away for now. People claim they are selective scamming.

It seems that one, maybe two, newbies are having some issues. Why the FUD?
Activity: 28
January 22, 2013, 05:04:13 PM

Pages:
Jump to: