Pages:
Author

Topic: How did you lost your bitcointalk account? - page 2. (Read 440 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
DAMN SON!
How about spyware like keylogger or something like everything that you write, will send to hacker?

But, looks like phishing site is the most common case.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 3148
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
Every day I see many people complaining how they lost their accounts and want to recover them.
How the hell did you get your account lost/hacked?

We need a guide how to prevent this from happening if there isn't already one/few I'm not aware of.

I know some of the reasons I'm gonna list here:

• First and main reason is the account selling. You buy account from a scammer, he gets the money, you get control over the account and soon he comes here, claiming that his account was hacked and trying to get it back by providing signed proof.
  • 2015 hack. About the recent server compromise
  • The Secret Question option - if you try to recover you password using the secret question option, your account will be locked for revision from the admins. Thanks to Joel_Jantsen for the input
  • Third-party affected software/sites,wallets, fake mobile apps, compromised computers,trojan horses,keyloggers etc.
  • Phishing links, like bitcointalk.[to] bitcointallk.[org], or just clicking random faucet links...
  • Using weak or the same password on different sites or just email password without additional projection, Thanks to LTU_btc for the input
  • Using your account as collateral
  • Using Public Wifi Networks/Connections*, thanks to SFR10
  • Pure stupidity, like your wife (no offense) has access to the account and to all of your bitcoins....

*Does not affect so much the security as nowadays most of the sites /as bitcointalk/ use HTTPS request and they are encrypted so sniffing them is no use.

Am I missing something here??

Tell me your story.
Pages:
Jump to: