Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I trade on Etherdelta with lower gas? - page 2. (Read 361 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 1
I generally use around 4 GWEI for non-urgent orders like putting tokens into ED or IDEX. Transferring to friends also gets around 4GWEI. This usually takes around 10mins or less, but also costs only 1 US cent or so.
ICOS get anywhere from 40GWEI to 200GWEI depending on how keen I am in that ICO, with fees of up to 30USD
Activity: 284
Merit: 10
Etherdelta is decentralized exchange. If etherdelta hard to be hacked because every comand com from Ethereum network with input code. You can set lower GAS price is the upleft setting but your tx and trade will slower
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I use MetaMask with Etherdelta. Works well, but doesnt improve the Gas issue Sad
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
now the truth is better to use forkdelta or idex, if you do not have time to take a position in the market order and save gas, then use limit orders)
Activity: 280
https://www.soar.earth/
I heard that the exchange started working again, but I'm still afraid to trade there. I'll wait a couple of days and watch her work. As an alternative there are other DEX
Activity: 700
Merit: 12
Now to trade better to use forkdelta, its the same! If you are enter with the same keys you will see your tokens from delta, also it much more faster and comfortable
Activity: 2534
Merit: 332
To do any transaction in EtherDelta now we have to higher the gas. Sometimes it is never executing that until we increase the gas to 50 gwei. This is around 5 USD. This is big cost for small transactions. Do you know any best practices we need to follow when doing deposit, withdraw and trades in EtherDelta (specially in these days)?

In reality, there's nothing you could do if you want to trade.

Lower gas == More waiting for transaction confirmation. I found this site for checking the right gas price https://ethgasstation.info.

I think you can not do anything too with etherdelta. If not increase the gas price, you might ending with failure transaction but you still have to pay the gas. Double fail.

It is best to use some semi-decentralised exchange like DEX and others that are on their way. Many of the ED problems are solved by this next generation.
Etherdelta is operational once again but yet I haven't tried out to comeback on using their site once again since ive been using IDEX and ForkDelta nowadays which is similar to etherdelta but I find it way much better than them when I do try to trade or sell up erc20 tokens. Going back to topic on how to set up gas on etherdelta then it just like MEW where you can find top-right about gas limit.You can edit it according to your preference.
Activity: 208
Merit: 13
TRUSTED CARS ICO
To do any transaction in EtherDelta now we have to higher the gas. Sometimes it is never executing that until we increase the gas to 50 gwei. This is around 5 USD. This is big cost for small transactions. Do you know any best practices we need to follow when doing deposit, withdraw and trades in EtherDelta (specially in these days)?

Lower gas == More waiting for transaction confirmation. I found this site for checking the right gas price https://ethgasstation.info.

I think you can not do anything too with etherdelta. If not increase the gas price, you might ending with failure transaction but you still have to pay the gas. Double fail.

It is best to use some semi-decentralised exchange like DEX and others that are on their way. Many of the ED problems are solved by this next generation.
Activity: 280

Activity: 336
Merit: 106
always check ethgasstation for the gwie. then set your gas price on ethederlta. gas depends on ethereuem. i suggest if ethereum wag congested try to trade on other exchanges or better to hodl for the meantime while eth platform not ok
Activity: 283
Merit: 23
TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr
I was actually amazed when I check my account and a certain small amount was deducted from my wallet. When I checked it was to EtherDelta. Funny thing is I was peacefully sleeping at the time. Then I realized it must be the network delay.
Activity: 32
The network is sometimes (many times) congested and need to pay higher gas to push the transaction through.
If not it may be stuck there. Even it is congested many times that network is a bull. No other coin could manage that.
legendary
Activity: 1424
Merit: 1008
If you trade on etherdelta with lower fee the transaction will be taking more time to confirm the transaction maybe it will take 1 or 2 days also, because of already I try so you have to high gas on etherdelta.
Activity: 196
Merit: 7
Yes It is big problem with gas for now! Hope in version 2.0 will be some solutions.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
Chainjoes.com
In the past, I was amazed by the presence of etherdelta that is especially present for the Etherum market with lower cost for any action. But, now etherdelta has so slow and often make error and we must set highly gas price for action. Maybe you can set gas with low value, but your transaction will proceed foe long time or will fall.
Activity: 66
Etherdelta is so much differ from most of other exchanges. There is no tricks of the gas problem. Everybody facing this problem.  Sad
Activity: 275
Merit: 12
its hard to trade now on etherdelta if u wish to use  lower gas.My last trade was sunday i have sold my tokens there and ifirst i use 10gwei but its not working .It keeep on saying error transction thats why i adjust my gas to 20gwei and its success,.thats high to pay per transaction
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯

You will get any bad troubles of waiting if you lowered down your gas upon trading on ED since the casting time will be long before we can see our balance on that site. And maybe you should try to grab some exchanger with good performance and not those sites who got compromised of hacking before, And also the best practice for trading on ED or any other site which related on ERC 20 to stretch up the  miners fee so that long time of waiting will be lessen.
Activity: 208
Merit: 13
TRUSTED CARS ICO

I don´t use etherdelta now due to the recent hack. I still have to recover my confidence. What I understand by trading is more than 5 movements a day or so and I think that ED is simply not fit for purpose. It is good just to place an order for some strange token that you can´t find somewhere else.
Activity: 14
Not much choice, with the Ethereum network being so congested (because of the cats and kittens -.-). You can only try a lower price just enough to wait long for it to go through and not failing.
Pages:
Jump to: