Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I use bitcoin if I have no internet? - page 3. (Read 3011 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Now that's a can do attitude!
you can send bitcoin thru morse code or HAM radio when internet goes down

mmmm ham
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
you can send bitcoin thru morse code or HAM radio when internet goes down
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
at the very least, bitcoin priced would crash big time if the internet went down. but how likely is that?
How can you sell without internet? How can you transfer coins without internet? You cannot, thus no crash can happen. The market would be compeltely frozen.
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
That's awesome! Another point I'd like to make, government can regulate the internet through ISP's therefore can they not regulate bitcoin? As in if anyone is caught doing bitcoin transactions there ISP contract gets revoked? and can't they see this kind of activity on your internet connection?
That would mean that all governments in the world should work together. Do you really think that will ever happen? I highly doubt it. Also, it would require deep-packet scanning, something that goes against the Neutral Internet act (or however it's called).
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
at the very least, bitcoin priced would crash big time if the internet went down. but how likely is that?
If the internet goes down so does bitcoin though, am I right?
That is a huge if you got there, but yes, Bitcoin would go down as well. However, I am currently following a team that is trying to send Bitcoin data using DVB-T (Radio Waves). Something like that might be able to prevent Bitcoin from going down.

That's awesome! Another point I'd like to make, government can regulate the internet through ISP's therefore can they not regulate bitcoin? As in if anyone is caught doing bitcoin transactions there ISP contract gets revoked? and can't they see this kind of activity on your internet connection?
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
That is a huge if you got there, but yes, Bitcoin would go down as well. However, I am currently following a team that is trying to send Bitcoin data using DVB-T (Radio Waves). Something like that might be able to prevent Bitcoin from going down.
Pages:
Jump to: