Pages:
Author

Topic: How do manage portfolio efficiently while having a full time job? - page 7. (Read 3196 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 12
Trphy.io
If you are having a full time 9-5 job then best for you is to do long term investment and refrain from day trading. As trading requires you to it whole day in front of your laptop, looking for gains. I have a job also, I only buy when market is at dip and hold. for me seeing the market once in a day for 5 to 10 minutes is enough.
It is most of the choice of those who have the main job outside. Just like you, every day I only look and watch the market for about 30 minutes is enough because I choose to invest in the medium and long term. It does not take up too much of my time during the day and I still guarantee a profit when making such investment
Likewise with me where I prefer to invest long term, so that not much time is needed to analyze, sometimes even in a day I do not monitor the market, because my goal is indeed for the long term. but back again to the style of each person to make money from cryptocurrency
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
What I do is that I prefer swing trading or medium term trading along with day job. The reason being such trades need less attention every day or every hour. I am usually active at weekend. But I do keep a watch over the price while working. I have kept notification system for the stop loss or some uneven price change which keeps me updated and I don't need to check my phone again and again.

Also, because of my day job, I keep on putting some extra money monthly from my salary with that I have grown my portfolio gradually.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
If you could automate what you are looking for in a coin then the job gets easier. You just have a list of what you want from a coin and if there is a coin you see that hits those targets you will be capable of buying it, if it doesn't then you won't, if any of the coins you already have goes out of that list you sell it. It is really simple if you have a rigid trading pattern and very strong list of requirements for you to have a certain coin in your portfolio.

But, like everyone said, having a long term plan is much better if you do not have proper time. During the time I first got married I was just holding bitcoin and nothing else and just hold it because it was really a busy time with work and marriage and preparing for the wedding and house and so forth.
Activity: 812
Merit: 512
If you are having a full time 9-5 job then best for you is to do long term investment and refrain from day trading. As trading requires you to it whole day in front of your laptop, looking for gains. I have a job also, I only buy when market is at dip and hold. for me seeing the market once in a day for 5 to 10 minutes is enough.
It is most of the choice of those who have the main job outside. Just like you, every day I only look and watch the market for about 30 minutes is enough because I choose to invest in the medium and long term. It does not take up too much of my time during the day and I still guarantee a profit when making such investment
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
By having a weekday 9-5 job, i must say my eyes aren't that keen anymore for trends and hardly made any good decision on buying/selling alts. Basically what i did is:

Weekdays: Coinalarm app to observe my portfolio real time but it's far less efficient and responsive to market movement, Slack and Telegram app are linked as well but still is very difficult to process insightful information while in working mood. 

Weekends: More active than usual but time is limited  Undecided

Any opinions or suggestion to improve my current situation?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english  Sad

Stop doing trading and just invest and hodl for a long term, as long as you have this kind of situation, you will mismanage your portfolio and this is not good for your investment, just pick the right coin and hodl it, we all know there is a huge rewards hodling good coins.
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
I suggest that you go easy on trading, but rather start investing. Think of them like shares on a stock market, you invest on some conpany because you believe in their future success. Same applies to cryptocurrency, you should start looking in the long term, but still must be updated of the latest trends and news regarding cryptocurrencies. In that way, you minimize the stress brought by dumps, have more time to do your job and to relax a little bit, and just sell when you think it won't go higher anymore.
I also believe in the pairing of investments into crypto currencies as well as in real life investment markets or fiat/ conventional investments such as stock market, real estate etc. pairing up of these two readily increases the chances of profit and decrease probability of losses. 70 to 60% of your investment money shall go in bitcoin and rest you can go with conventional market.
Activity: 910
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I do manage my portfolio efficiently while having a full time job by just going for long term investment within my portfolio, and the best example is buying a bitcoin because i don't need to put a lot of time and effort just to monitor it everyday that i can only do it weekly or monthly.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 265
Activity: 812
Merit: 262
Based on my experienced, i have been able to manage my portfolio efficiently while having a full time job by picking coins that are good for long-term investment like bitcoin and other top altcoins in the market like ETH, so that i don't need to look so often just to check their price and i can check them before or after work and break time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
in my opinion you can still invest crypto even though you work full time in the office. You can choose several coins that are suitable for long-term investments such as bitcoin and ethereum. and you can check prices before and after work. buy at low prices and then sell when the coins have increased 30% or 40%. keep calm and finish work at the office well. Only after returning home can you focus on cryptocurrency.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
By having a weekday 9-5 job, i must say my eyes aren't that keen anymore for trends and hardly made any good decision on buying/selling alts. Basically what i did is:

Weekdays: Coinalarm app to observe my portfolio real time but it's far less efficient and responsive to market movement, Slack and Telegram app are linked as well but still is very difficult to process insightful information while in working mood. 

Weekends: More active than usual but time is limited  Undecided

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english  Sad

You only need time management, that is the solution for your problem, though it is pretty stressful for me to have that 9-5 shift of yours every weekdays and you're trading in the weekends, you have to decide what is the better opportunity for you, your regular job or your trading cryptocurrency job, if I were you I would focus on Trading (if you earn good at it) and I'm going to keep your job if I were you if you don't know that much in Trading and not interested on learning it.

But let me tell you this, if you have enough savings, go for full time Trading, learn a lot of stuffs and just do freelancing, that way you could manage your time much better and you will earn better too.

That would be a best thing to do since if you can't afford to trade since you are lacking of time then trading is no good for you and we need to consider those fundamentals since we might  gonna lose if we are just trading without knowledge or rely on bots. But I cannot risk to leave my regular job just to trade since trading is not actually a best solution for us to gain since there are some instance that faith is not with us and losing streaks will occur that's why much better to do this as side job and trade only on free time so that no pressure will occur and chances to win is great.
maybe it would be more suitable when trading long-term, or investing, so we don't need to monitor prices all the time. trading daily is more risky because we must have the expertise to analyze movements in the near future. and that means we have to take the time, don't push yourself, because it will attack our psychological
I agree with this. For people who don't really have time to spare in monitoring their portfolio daily then they should choose long term investing because it doesn't require too much attention for its investors because you can try dollar cost averaging which is effortless type of investing where you will buy a fixed amount of coin or token regularly.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
It's hard to buy and sell Bitcoin when you're doing a full-time job. The Bitcoin market is a live 24/7 market. A full-time employee should pay attention to his sleep patterns. It's not easy. I think it makes sense to make a long-term purchase and wait.
Totally agreed on that.
But only I'd add that you can hire some trader to do it instead of yourself, only if your crypto funds are really valuable for short trading.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip

Weekends: More active than usual but time is limited  Undecided

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad english  Sad

You only need time management, that is the solution for your problem, though it is pretty stressful for me to have that 9-5 shift of yours every weekdays and you're trading in the weekends, you have to decide what is the better opportunity for you, your regular job or your trading cryptocurrency job, if I were you I would focus on Trading (if you earn good at it) and I'm going to keep your job if I were you if you don't know that much in Trading and not interested on learning it.

But let me tell you this, if you have enough savings, go for full time Trading, learn a lot of stuffs and just do freelancing, that way you could manage your time much better and you will earn better too.

That would be a best thing to do since if you can't afford to trade since you are lacking of time then trading is no good for you and we need to consider those fundamentals since we might  gonna lose if we are just trading without knowledge or rely on bots. But I cannot risk to leave my regular job just to trade since trading is not actually a best solution for us to gain since there are some instance that faith is not with us and losing streaks will occur that's why much better to do this as side job and trade only on free time so that no pressure will occur and chances to win is great.
maybe it would be more suitable when trading long-term, or investing, so we don't need to monitor prices all the time. trading daily is more risky because we must have the expertise to analyze movements in the near future. and that means we have to take the time, don't push yourself, because it will attack our psychological
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
It's hard to buy and sell Bitcoin when you're doing a full-time job. The Bitcoin market is a live 24/7 market. A full-time employee should pay attention to his sleep patterns. It's not easy. I think it makes sense to make a long-term purchase and wait.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
I suggest that you go easy on trading, but rather start investing. Think of them like shares on a stock market, you invest on some conpany because you believe in their future success. Same applies to cryptocurrency, you should start looking in the long term, but still must be updated of the latest trends and news regarding cryptocurrencies. In that way, you minimize the stress brought by dumps, have more time to do your job and to relax a little bit, and just sell when you think it won't go higher anymore.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
If you have a full time job, then day trading is not for you. You should be investing and trading cryptocurrency for a long term and you the little time you get on weekends to do some research and know where things are really heading to, then you can make decisions as well. And I don't think you really need to be investing in a lot of coins, just choose a few good ones, including Bitcoin and you're good, no need for the long portfolio.

If you don't want to worry too much about price fluctuation, then you should stop investing in volatile coins and go for the stable ones. The thing with the stable coins is that you're not going to be making profit as you would in volatile ones, and no loss as well, that's the good thing lol.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
you can do when it night or when you have time after work. and when you jave free day, you must take that day, full for trading. but, back to how is your way when trading, and how fluctuative of that coin.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
How do manage portfolio efficiently while having a full time job?

There is nothing to manage. You buy and spend, that is it.  How be able to full fill my thirst about cryptocurrenies technology is different and way more interesting subject to talk about.
But wouldn't be just a waste of money if you don't manage at all? Like buying bitcoin, ethereum or any alts just to spend?Although it is cryptocurrencies, a currency into it, you can't just like buy it and spend it, what are you a millionaire or something? I'm a student and I have an 8 school hours everyday but even having a lot of time to do manage my portfolio I still get lost sometimes due to too much volatility. That is why for me you can't just say to buy and spend crypto unless you're living using it.

Waste of money?  How can you be sure to make profit with selling and buying. What and that actually happen in most cases you are making loss?  You buy at more expensive price then you sell.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3423101
Pages:
Jump to: