Pages:
Author

Topic: How do we find Cas coin redeemers before they redeem? - page 2. (Read 610 times)

copper member
Activity: 438
Merit: 175
Trades always have some kind of risk.

CAS coin have "safe" BTC. If you trade you can end up with hacked BTC.

Escrow can take weeks before you get your BTC.

Hi Jan,
What do you mean by if you trade you can end up with hacked BTC? Are you saying you can buy a Cas and it not contain what it's advertised as holding or having inside the coin or are you more saying/implying that if you do a sale you can end up losing out due to the increased risk with delivery/shipping etc...? Would love your clarification on that. Thanks.

iBHK8
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Hi All,
So looking at the site rusbitcoinuser built which is at...https://casascius.ludvigart.com and it got me thinking is there any way to raise greater awareness for people who are considering redeeming? I mean just for an example in this month alone 2 series 2 5btc coins were redeemed not to mention a couple dozen other coins that I'm sure may have stirred some interest here for buying them. If they knew they could sell them here not only might we get some new people in here to unload their coins we might build this community even bigger for now, tomorrow and beyond. I personally would have been interested in one of those series 2 5btc coins. I'm sure some of you would have been interested in some of the others that have been redeemed in the last few months or even this year. So is there anyway we can get more people to find this site before they redeem? I mean if someone must redeem and just doesn't wanna deal with the headaches that's fine but we have an amazing setup here with plenty of reputable escrows that can mitigate their risks and everyone wins. Just thinking out loud here and would love any and all feedback! Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your replies.

iBHK8

Pretty hard to do this.  Alot of these got gifted to people to intro them to btc during 2011-2013 yrs
The recipients don't read these forums or anything else where you can reach them.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire
Trades always have some kind of risk.

CAS coin have "safe" BTC. If you trade you can end up with hacked BTC.

Escrow can take weeks before you get your BTC.
copper member
When/if the premiums come back, people will probably try to sell first before peeling imo. There are nice brass cas coins on here listed for 1.2BTC and not selling, why would anyone want to sell for less than that? The inherent risks/hassles are not worth the reward. The pool of buyers around here has pretty much dried up and until there is some new blood with deep pockets I dont see much changing in the short term. Maybe some sort of advertising( ex. having a physical presence/table at major coin shows) could draw in new people?

True....I was just drunk brainstorming last night. Now I see this isn't such a easy task. And I totally hear ya on the brass coins that aren't carrying much of a premium atm. Perhaps more with a better/higher premium will find us. Also next bull run up we might find some new blood like myself who found this site when I discovered Cas and wanted to buy etc....In the meantime we will just let them be redeemed allowing every coin to be more scarce for us  Grin. Appreciate the feedback!

iBHK8
copper member
Easy... we hack the Casascius customer database...  loolz     Grin

Grin Grin Grin
copper member
Activity: 228
Merit: 23
When/if the premiums come back, people will probably try to sell first before peeling imo. There are nice brass cas coins on here listed for 1.2BTC and not selling, why would anyone want to sell for less than that? The inherent risks/hassles are not worth the reward. The pool of buyers around here has pretty much dried up and until there is some new blood with deep pockets I dont see much changing in the short term. Maybe some sort of advertising( ex. having a physical presence/table at major coin shows) could draw in new people?
copper member
Hi All,
So looking at the site rusbitcoinuser built which is at...https://casascius.ludvigart.com and it got me thinking is there any way to raise greater awareness for people who are considering redeeming? I mean just for an example in this month alone 2 series 2 5btc coins were redeemed not to mention a couple dozen other coins that I'm sure may have stirred some interest here for buying them. If they knew they could sell them here not only might we get some new people in here to unload their coins we might build this community even bigger for now, tomorrow and beyond. I personally would have been interested in one of those series 2 5btc coins. I'm sure some of you would have been interested in some of the others that have been redeemed in the last few months or even this year. So is there anyway we can get more people to find this site before they redeem? I mean if someone must redeem and just doesn't wanna deal with the headaches that's fine but we have an amazing setup here with plenty of reputable escrows that can mitigate their risks and everyone wins. Just thinking out loud here and would love any and all feedback! Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your replies.

iBHK8
Pages:
Jump to: