Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you define rich? - page 10. (Read 3811 times)

Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
April 30, 2021, 12:47:58 PM
How would you define what is to be "rich"? Is it about having enough for living or is there something else that you would be looking to accomplish to be rich?
Is it 1 million USD? Is it 1000 bitcoin? what are your thoughts?
I think everyone will answer differently in determining what is meant by rich, rich is unlimited depending on the perspective of each. in my opinion, someone who can be said to be rich is someone who can realize what they need in their life. but there are also those who mean that the definition of rich is someone who has a lot of money and they always collect as much money as possible. they are already rich but they cannot enjoy it because they are busy accumulating wealth. sometimes other people thik we are rich people, but we still feel not rich. son o rich is srelative, depending on the mindset of each person.use e

While other people think of being rich as having tons of money from their hardwork, but for me a rich person is something that has a golden spoon on the table since birth. People like this won't do anything to sustain their wealth because he's rich already from the day he was born. There are also some people who considered themselves rich because they are contented already on the love and affection they are receiving from the people around them.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
April 29, 2021, 07:50:21 PM
How would you define what is to be "rich"? Is it about having enough for living or is there something else that you would be looking to accomplish to be rich?
Rich can't be defined by the amount of money which they have. For me, rich can be considered for them who have enough money to spend which they desire, having healthy life, having peace in mind. Only money can't bring happiness. So, if you are rich but not happy with your life, you are nothing to the world and your existence will not be effective for others. I think happiness is all for us whether you re rich or not.
Do not confuse "rich" and "wealth". All rich people are well-off people, but not all well-off people are rich. As they say, money is evil, but when you need to make purchases, this evil is not enough, so a large amount of money is still necessary to show the status of a rich man. There is no clearly defined border and certain rules that distinguish between poverty and wealth, but if this person is included in the Forbes lists, we can say with absolute certainty that this is a really rich person.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
April 29, 2021, 06:32:18 PM
I think everyone will answer differently in determining what is meant by rich, rich is unlimited depending on the perspective of each. in my opinion, someone who can be said to be rich is someone who can realize what they need in their life. but there are also those who mean that the definition of rich is someone who has a lot of money and they always collect as much money as possible. they are already rich but they cannot enjoy it because they are busy accumulating wealth. sometimes other people think we are rich people, but we still feel not rich. so rich is relative, depending on the mindset of each person.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 185
April 29, 2021, 05:48:21 PM
Anyone that is from a First World Country... like the US or Canada... I think anyone with 3 million dollars would easily be defined as rich.  Don't most agree with that?  If not... then the world is very comfortable?

I don't know why ppl talk about l0 million and more ... that isn't necessary for most people.

Activity: 2268
Merit: 581
April 29, 2021, 04:41:22 PM
I still can't believe that some people have such high expectations about rich. I mean not having to deal with economical problems in your life is more than enough for me to consider someone rich.

I do not mean yacts and buildings or whatever, I mean literally not having any debt and living a regular life, nothing to envy, just a regular life, maybe a decent house, nothing fancy totally regular and unnoticeable house, not a shithole neither but a proper at most 20 year old apartment flat would be more than enough, even in the most expensive nations that is like 100k to 300k (except very very expensive cities) and if you have a car and can get a new one once every 8 years or so, and not have any debt while living a probably frugal life like not spending too much on things but not having any problems if you face any emergency, those are good things and 99% of the people in the world do not consider that as rich, I think that's rich.
copper member
Activity: 700
Merit: 120
Gamdom
April 29, 2021, 02:15:04 PM
Rich can't be defined by the amount of money which they have. For me, rich can be considered for them who have enough money to spend which they desire, having healthy life, having peace in mind. Only money can't bring happiness. So, if you are rich but not happy with your life, you are nothing to the world and your existence will not be effective for others. I think happiness is all for us whether you re rich or not.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
April 29, 2021, 01:29:50 PM
Many people believe that rich is a lot of money. Having money we will have everyone so many people despite the trick of deceiving others to have money. I don't have a material life. It is true that rich makes you free, comfortable in life. But there are still valuable and expensive things that have money that cannot buy like health, affection ... I only hope my life is healthy, peaceful and safe; Healthy children should people.
Before you want to have a peaceful life as you dream, you must have money to maintain, not being rich enough will put you economic pressure, worrying a lot will affect health, not even support the family. In the end, by the nature of everything in your dream, money is needed, agreeing that sometimes we think that being rich doesn't buy everything but the fact that we see every day is that if we are rich, everything will belong to us, we will be comfortable without thinking what we will do tomorrow to make money or how our family will live, that's the definition of wealth.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 120
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
April 29, 2021, 12:29:52 PM
First of all, Rich must have a lot of money as the criterion, but certainly there are things that exist differently.  Money and wealth cannot buy true love and happiness.  The "rich" is just an ephemeral, impermanent concept.  Material comfort, mental comfort, perfect happiness, ... carefree, that really is the "rich" that everyone wants.
Activity: 564
Merit: 100
April 29, 2021, 11:41:16 AM
Many people believe that rich is a lot of money. Having money we will have everyone so many people despite the trick of deceiving others to have money. I don't have a material life. It is true that rich makes you free, comfortable in life. But there are still valuable and expensive things that have money that cannot buy like health, affection ... I only hope my life is healthy, peaceful and safe; Healthy children should people.
Activity: 268
April 29, 2021, 11:31:43 AM
Rich is what everyone in the world wants. In my opinion: Rich is the ownership of valuable materials and assets. It makes your life prosperous and comfortable. I also want so but I'm currently very poor. I always hope Bitcoin will change my life. An individual, community, region or country with many assets or resources are also called wealthy. What are you rich?
Activity: 1232
Merit: 524
April 29, 2021, 10:31:39 AM

Money can ease a lot of tensions in life but, I think having a lot of money does not make you reach. Money is just one aspect. It depend on the quality of life you are having, your relationship with your family and friend, and above all your mental peace. If you have any of this missing in your life than I think you are not a rich person.
Activity: 290
Merit: 40
April 29, 2021, 10:20:58 AM
Defining rich is almost as hard as defining poverty.

I will give it a go.

Something that should be obvious right?  The guy next door with 3 cars and a million dollar home? Is he rich?   

Lets redefine the time.  That guy with 3 surviving children, a stone house with a roof that doesn't leak(no bathroom mind you) and, has a high production farm? Is he rich? He breaks his back daily to maintain it, and is dead by 38..... 

Lets redefine the time.   That guy with a great yurt and 5 horses and 3 wives 10 children that survived to the age of 10?  Is he rich?  He killed 3 rivals and raided 20 villages with rape and murder and looting.  He is rich in His culture.   Did he destroy more then he created? Probable. He doesn't see it that way.

How about a old school banker he keeps peoples money as safe as possible. Charges a small fee to do so. Builds a reputation over the course of his lifetime for being the guy that keeps the money safe. Adds value to it.  10,000 people use his services with the small fee he charges hes got a billion stored away but does NOTHING all day but watch money values. Has a wife that hates him since hes never at home and only seems to care about the money.  No kids.   Is he Rich?

The answer is yes to all of them. 

Rich is about context of value.  That guy with the million dollar house might be absolutely right on the edge of bankruptcy and working 80 hour weeks with 20 employees..   Is he still rich?   One of his employees pulls in 60,000 a year working for this guy but, only works 40 hours a week never on the weekends and has zero stress has 2 kids and a wife and no debt.   Is he rich compared to his employer?

Ive come to the conclusion that Lots of stuff May look like rich but isn't exactly.

You bought a car for a million dollars..  It gets utterly wrecked by a tree falling on it.  Whats it worth now?  Scrap value and some parts..... 

Rich so hard to really pin it down. 

Rich is as far as I can tell is a creation of value that exceeds the effort that was put in to it by a large margin. 
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
April 29, 2021, 07:32:24 AM
For me rich persons or being rich means not bothering how much item and service cost and ability to get it.

finaleahot2016 says being rich means being “financially stable”. What does really means? I can buy food, car, get some medicine, small appartment or live few years with same expenses without having a work. I’m financially stable for few years, but does not mean I’m rich.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
April 29, 2021, 07:26:22 AM
Rich? meaning we're financially stable.

IMO, if I'm wealthy, it means that money is meaningless to me because I already have a lot of it and have a passive income due to businesses. That's the idea of being wealthy that I wanted to achieve because I'm tired of always thinking about money, especially if you're struggling to make ends meet.

People believed that getting a lot of money would make them wealthy, but this is incorrect since money can vanish at any moment and cannot be restored. That is why people began wasting and losing money simply because they had those papers; little did they realize that with that attitude, they would continue to have financial problems. So for me, making money meaningless is the definition of rich.
Activity: 574
Merit: 125
April 29, 2021, 07:11:11 AM
Speaking rich are those people who have a lot of money, those who don't even need to work anymore because they have still the passive income, those people who have huge businesses so they don't need to work anymore because they have the labor to work for them and make them money but for me, I can simply define people as rich once they have already their house and lot, car, and a continuous income.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
April 29, 2021, 06:14:10 AM
I agree with the opinion of a figure named Meta Lakshmi, that a rich person is a person who has good and correct financial planning, ".

So,  how much the person's income if  not balanced with correct management, he will be poor because we cannot manage the money properly.
 Having a lot of money is rich, that's just the general opinion of people.

You can a great financial planning and still not being rich. I am more on the idea of equating richness with time and expectations. If you expect to stop working for money when you are 30 and then travel the world and buying all short of expensive things, not all planning in the world is going to help you. You would basically need to go to very risky experiments and bets and probably loose the little you got along the way.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
April 29, 2021, 06:09:14 AM
Rich in my opinion is to have everything we want, to eat and drink and to buy unlimited other things, that way our life will be forever prosperous in this world to our children and grandchildren.
but being rich is not necessarily happy if we can't enjoy it, the most important thing is that we can be rich and can enjoy it, so enjoy everything you have right now then you will be able to feel rich  Smiley

Well, technically speaking, richness is equal to freedom of time and freedom of choice, the moment you have both of these along with basic education, it's like you are the richest person of the world. We all run after money so that one day we won't have to think about it and we can enjoy the rest of our lives without thinking about how to meet our basic needs and have enough time and resources to do anything our heart wants. Having a billion dollars but having cancer is worse than being homeless and have freedom of roaming around. Even a millionaire in a jail is worse than a homeless person.
Activity: 882
Merit: 63
April 29, 2021, 03:44:47 AM
~
I am interested in your last statement, a lot of money means a lot of problems, I think, I totally agree, with us a lot of money it is possible to handle a lot of business, of course there will be a lot of problems. but a person who has financial freedom certainly doesn't have many problems, because money works for him
I am just a keen observer, because if you look at it there are a lot of rich and famous people who can't handle their problems so they decided to end everything like Kurt Cobain, Heath Ledger, River Phoenix and Anthony Bourdain to name a few. Not to mention that Notorious B.I.G won't make Mo' Money Mo' Problems if it isn't a real thing. If you can handle the businesses then good for you but in my opinion, I think that the way to relieve this problem is that while making money, you also should consider doing a vacation and have time for yourself.
Activity: 826
April 29, 2021, 03:13:28 AM
For me, a rich person is someone that has a big and extravagant house, has a lot of spare money, has a diversified investment and has some sort of business and finally they are also happy with what they have and they don't see having more money as a reason to have more problems.
I am interested in your last statement, a lot of money means a lot of problems, I think, I totally agree, with us a lot of money it is possible to handle a lot of business, of course there will be a lot of problems. but a person who has financial freedom certainly doesn't have many problems, because money works for him
Activity: 966
Merit: 421
Bitcoindata.science
April 29, 2021, 03:04:32 AM
Riches entails been able to meet your personal needs. I don't think been rich has any specific monetary value attached to it. It's strictly the state of ones mind. Except we are looking at wealth which I believe is a function of how much an individual worth based on his asset and networth.

Been rich doesn't depend on physical appearance it's a play out of comfortability and happiness. The ease to which what you have attends to you day-to-day  needs
Pages:
Jump to: