Pages:
Author

Topic: how do you identify a transparent project team? - page 8. (Read 1163 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
If the project is a scam, it would be really silly of its team to show their true identities. In most cases, they just find some pics online and use them as the images of their “Chief Financial Officers” or “advisors,” as was seen  in Empire Card who used a picture of French actress Sabine de Poncins, little known outside of France, as the portrait of their proud imaginary CEO Patricia Harrison. There have even been reports of Ryan Gosling “working” for a project as a designer under a completely different name.   
Some scammers are, however, way more intricate. They know it’s quite easy to reveal a fake pic so they just hire people to pose as their CEOs, CFOs, and so forth. Rumor has it that certain scammers even pay homeless people to pretend they’re leading a disruptive startup to a bright and radiant future. This fraud is much harder to call out, but at least those guys help homeless people in some way, so here’s your silver lining.

do a thorough research about the project you want to invest in, don't be lazy to read.
it's about risky investments, make sure that the project is really real.
starting from the developer profile, the team, the company, the website, the media channel, and the community in it.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
yes, I guess identifying the project team is complicated work? maybe one way is to find out in depth, about them, find their social media, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc .find out also when they joined the social media.
type their names on Google, if they are people with credibility, their names will appear on Google images. also find out their Curriculum Vitae. and if they don't seem convincing, it's better not to join their project
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
If the project is a scam, it would be really silly of its team to show their true identities. In most cases, they just find some pics online and use them as the images of their “Chief Financial Officers” or “advisors,” as was seen  in Empire Card who used a picture of French actress Sabine de Poncins, little known outside of France, as the portrait of their proud imaginary CEO Patricia Harrison. There have even been reports of Ryan Gosling “working” for a project as a designer under a completely different name.   
Some scammers are, however, way more intricate. They know it’s quite easy to reveal a fake pic so they just hire people to pose as their CEOs, CFOs, and so forth. Rumor has it that certain scammers even pay homeless people to pretend they’re leading a disruptive startup to a bright and radiant future. This fraud is much harder to call out, but at least those guys help homeless people in some way, so here’s your silver lining.

If the project is scam, then they really do not publish their personal photos. However, several people can be deceivers in the project, and the rest can be hired personnel who are not aware of the impending deception, here are their photos and can appear on all sites.
Now scammers are more and more inventive and we need to carefully study each new project.
It doesn't mean that even they published their photos(or might a photo of another person) will be trusted or we can assure that they are not scammers. Not we think that bad but scammers are now getting smarter and smarter, they keep on studying where they could penetrate such actions. In fact, with all the awareness we do but still, a lot of people are getting scam.

Now, it is to realize that it be hard to determine whos gonna be trusted and whos we can't. For the better of everyone, we should not have to give our trust easily, not for the strangers nor to the person who gives us a big returns deal cause it mostly scams.
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
it is important to conduct detailed project research in forum threads, telegrams, social media networks, ico websites and other video calls with the team to prove that they are a real team. basically if you or an investor wants to put a large amount of money, of course, they won't make a quick decision before they believe that the project is truly worth investing.
Video call would have been the best , at least it gives investors a little bit of leverage to use against them in future if they happen to be scammers, but so many developers shy away from that because they feel they are acting illegally, or they feel they are acting under the rule of anonymity., but they have failed to understand that they are the ones that needs people to bring out money they have worked for to develop a project that would be of immense benefit to the developer, so I don’t see reason why they should not go to any length to show their face.

If I was a developer and I believe in my project, I would even go to the length of showing my office address also, to prove to them that I am not running away, but how many of these developers even have a location? All they do is sit on their system and conduct campaigns.
Activity: 554
Merit: 11
CurioInvest [IEO Live]

If the project is scam, then they really do not publish their personal photos. However, several people can be deceivers in the project, and the rest can be hired personnel who are not aware of the impending deception, here are their photos and can appear on all sites.
Now scammers are more and more inventive and we need to carefully study each new project.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
interesting question here, i also still looking the best way about this. But so far i will look at their profile team, they must have below

1. Social media such as twitter, LK or facebook. Their social media must be active before ico/ieo launched, for me minimum time i 1 year.
2. Google, when i search on google their name must be there. Which means it's not hard to find them. Let say one of their team have name "mikel adol njamu", if you try to search on google so you will not find any last activities of this user, and any related information to those queries. Avoid this ico/ieo if their team like this.
3. Look at information you have from no 1 until no 2, are they background really interested?? If that's interested so you can continue to their ico/ieo
Activity: 40
it is important to conduct detailed project research in forum threads, telegrams, social media networks, ico websites and other video calls with the team to prove that they are a real team. basically if you or an investor wants to put a large amount of money, of course, they won't make a quick decision before they believe that the project is truly worth investing.
Activity: 588
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
It's not easy to detect fraudulent projects because they also know our weaknesses. But for me, if the team and the CEO do not provide any original identifying information, I will not join. Especially if we check the website View, ROADMAP projects and activities on Social Media. And if everything looks bad, I'm sure it's better to join another project.
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
in my eyes transparent team means an active team who will be friendly and always provide development progress report and also they have to show the product that releasing.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
It is necessary that you invest in a project whose team you have confirmed its identity and be sure they can be trusted.
Identifying them might be quite uneasy, but you can still make enquiries by searching through the details they provided.
A team without a comprehensive detail, should be regarded as shady.
They must have years of experience about what they claim they intend providing or doing, block chain technology inclusive.
You can also try to communicate with them.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 252
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
Simple, if a project team use a new social media profile,,
Thats really a big sign, if the project is not good buddy,,
Activity: 672
Waoh this thread is really an eye opener. The level folks go to disguise their evil deeds is mind blowing. Wish they could put such energy into good use but they will never. All they need is cheap money without being ready to put in the requisite energy.
Activity: 723
Merit: 106
STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System
There is no proper way to identify a transparent project team. Because if a group of scammers use homeless people to disguise their own identity, there's no way we can identify their scam attempt. Using photos of models and actors may have a sideline chance that at least some people would identify them, but that's not the case for homeless people! So there's no correct process to identify such scammers!

You can't believe the advisors as well. Because in most cases, these advisors are paid hefty money by the project team just to feature their name in the team. In majority of the cases, the advisors themselves don't know much about the project! That's one of the many reasons why ICOs have lost their credibility very quickly and IEOs emerged! 
but any way for some project can proof their identity, they must create IEO for their crowdfund, and of course exchanger need their identity about the team of the project and make investor fund safer than investing money directly on the official website project
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Any team should be real and have social media account, where you can track their personalities. Secondly, I always need to see a good marketing plan for the next several years. The last but not least, just keeping the eye on the team members following their decisions to understand how do the act in difficult situations.
Fake Linkedin accounts are sold in the marketplace board of the forum, unfortunately. The fake teams can be the first reason why I ignore such projects for investing purposes. The team members have to be the best in the profession in order to attract more attention to crypto investors. Finding the real people behind the project is not an easy process from my practice, the true detective work is required for the best results.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
So basically not all scammers are evil and there are some who are not for their own benefit as described, but there are still many parties who are disadvantaged, especially investors here. I personally admit that a scammer's intelligence in involving many people cannot be recognized and what is unfortunate is that his intelligence is not used in the right path like the example of making a good Altcoin or other Blockhain.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
In general, if scammers use other people's photos from the network, it is not so difficult to determine. It is much more difficult to determine the legitimacy of the project if all the team members are real, have their own profiles in social networks, and actively communicate with the community.
In this case, as a rule, the search for isitina ceases. But, you need to understand that any team can have behind its backs a not-so-clean story.
And often scam projects are identified by ascertaining what the team leaders did before.

This is actually quite easy. As you said, if fraudsters try to use the profile of famous people, then it will be easier to identify. We must observe social media activities from the development team if we want to make sure they are genuine or fake. New accounts, or those whose activities have nothing to do with the project they are building, are indicators that they are fake. Indeed there are projects that do not display the profile of their team, it does not mean that the project is 100% scam, because there are still many aspects that must be assessed besides the development team. Although the team's identity is hidden, projects that have good strategies and features will continue to provide high confidence for investors.
Activity: 272
Even a good man can change and have evil intention. Many often times, I usually will look at the part of the world the team are from, there are some certain regions of the world that may have good team and good project but they will always personally destroy the project by their poor management decisions. I ran from team that promise too many things and high ROI.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 372
In general, if scammers use other people's photos from the network, it is not so difficult to determine. It is much more difficult to determine the legitimacy of the project if all the team members are real, have their own profiles in social networks, and actively communicate with the community.
In this case, as a rule, the search for isitina ceases. But, you need to understand that any team can have behind its backs a not-so-clean story.
And often scam projects are identified by ascertaining what the team leaders did before.
copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
Any team should be real and have social media account, where you can track their personalities. Secondly, I always need to see a good marketing plan for the next several years. The last but not least, just keeping the eye on the team members following their decisions to understand how do the act in difficult situations.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
I calculate fraudulent teams by searching for specific people through search engines, because fraudsters are often in a hurry and do not create a separate page for fake people on social networks, and even if they create it, you can always notice that it is new, which means there is a chance that it was created for cover.
Pages:
Jump to: