Pages:
Author

Topic: how do you identify a transparent project team? - page 9. (Read 1163 times)

copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.
You cannot predict peoples' actions, so you can take part in a good project with a legit team, but nobody guarantees that those guys will not disappear will all money within the next couple of months. It is a lottery Smiley
Activity: 1193
Merit: 251
If the project is a scam, it would be really silly of its team to show their true identities. In most cases, they just find some pics online and use them as the images of their “Chief Financial Officers” or “advisors,” as was seen  in Empire Card who used a picture of French actress Sabine de Poncins, little known outside of France, as the portrait of their proud imaginary CEO Patricia Harrison. There have even been reports of Ryan Gosling “working” for a project as a designer under a completely different name.   
Some scammers are, however, way more intricate. They know it’s quite easy to reveal a fake pic so they just hire people to pose as their CEOs, CFOs, and so forth. Rumor has it that certain scammers even pay homeless people to pretend they’re leading a disruptive startup to a bright and radiant future. This fraud is much harder to call out, but at least those guys help homeless people in some way, so here’s your silver lining.
I have never seen photos in profiles similar to the homeless).I think you're exaggerating too much.The main criterion is an account that was not created before the start of ICO.As a rule, people with experience come to the project, so this experience should be confirmed (I mean Linkedin).
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
This statement is far different from an ICO or company you buy a portion of their share. For example, a company is regulated and ICO is not, so you lose your money, you can't find it anywhere.

If you buy into ICO, you don't know the mind of the project owners which majority are to scam you just as you have read the most thread, the lack of trust in icos anymore. If you are building your investment or company, you know you are genuine about it and you will make it grow but most icos intentionally are to scam, is another business for them.

The thing you can do is follow projects and test their execution, for example, I have been following a project called Lympo and not only they did everything they say they will, but there is something big coming up. There was a leak like here: http://boards.4channel.org/biz/thread/15515880
And there are some serious rumors that something big is coming Smiley
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
The one about hiring homeless people sounds more possible because they probably wouldn't want those with much pictures on social media or on the internet for easy facial recognition.

Having real team photo doesn't matter much though. If developers with real photos do not have good and viable projects, they will eventually fail.
What matters most to me is original and viable  with good whitepapers and Roadmaps
Activity: 574
Merit: 25
It is very difficult to identify projects that are really real nowadays, many projects use other people's photos as their team and of course this is very detrimental to investors and people who used photos for use in fraudulent projects, now if we follow the ICO project / IEO, it's better that the first time we do is research the project team. Because even if the team is fake, of course the project will be fake too.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
 Some scammers are, however, way more intricate. They know it’s quite easy to reveal a fake pic so they just hire people to pose as their CEOs, CFOs, and so forth. Rumor has it that certain scammers even pay homeless people to pretend they’re leading a disruptive startup to a bright and radiant future. This fraud is much harder to call out, but at least those guys help homeless people in some way, so here’s your silver lining.

They are changing their methods because using ran down picture has been exposed but this people who agreed to be part of the team and paid to use their picture and talent, are guilty of connivance so they will also be persecuted for their action, even if they say that they are just hired by unknown developers.
Activity: 1
Merit: 1
If the details about the people involved is scarce, then it has a huge possibility of a scam since they may just be using fake names and using photos of people alongside with it. I think if they are active on the project and includes all their information in their contact info and actually goes into real events of conferences, then that project must be a legitimate one.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
There is no way if they aren't popular and they are just new people on that kind of business. There is nothing impossible on the internet and that includes neglecting transparency for the sake of their respected interest. On the other hand, you still can ascertain that but in a different way. One way is when they tend to interact with conference and they speak very well. The other way is via checking their promises wherein it should match to what they've made so far.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
There is no sure way to look deeper into an ICO or IEO project team. What is clear is that we only need to review each development and progress they have achieved for their project through the social media they provide.
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1251
Just using "Search Image" on google went you feel the project was really weird. Its was really easy to catch a photo online, but if they using other real names + photo ask the person on that photo. You can that information on google example like their social media, and ask him did he involved in that project if not then its a scam. We got some case, went a scam project paying other people to use their photo for doing a scam ICO.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
They must provide correct information and do not falsify data information. Many people say to identify a transparent team, must have real information. And some projects have been like this but also failed. So the right way to identify real projects is very difficult.

Scammers are also very clever they can find weaknesses of this business. I before joining the project, always I checked the active team on social media. If they are active and always provide information about the development of the project, I think it deserves to be followed.

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
I believe that if you look at the project team and you are worried about something, it is not a good sign. If they are not scammers, their identities should be revealed. What the video with conference with them, their personal pages in social networks. If the team is conscientious, it must have this data.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
If the project uses fake pictures of team members it usually shows they are ready to fake much more than just pictures. When pictures don't match the rest also doesn't. The location of their office is faked, the team is shown as much bigger than it really is and half of the members are ghosts. Sometimes they even claim to have a registered company somewhere and it's a lie or it's a cheap UK company that you can start online for a few pounds.

If you find some lies on their websites or in their threads don't invest. It's better not to include some information than lie.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
Avoid projects that are not transparent with their team including using anonymous on their website.
or the use of cartoons in Team I think is bad and can not be trusted. The team must be active in several social media and they have clear identities such as linkedin.
Not all of them being transparent looks trusted, some of the scammers use others identity which it looks open and traceable even we search it on the internet. We should not be confident of this transparency, we need to spend more time searching and do have time to reviews feedbacks.

Remember that we are in the internet era, we can make some things impossible to possible, do the editing job and copy others personal details. This it has that we can't guarantee, yet we need also to give some trust with them and that is why crypto investment is a risky thing.
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
That reminds me of a particular video I saw sometimes ago. The person posing as the CEO was a female and it appeared that she was reading directly from a paper given to her. To my amazement, she was not also good at speaking English. That shows how foolish the scammers were. Although, they might have been able to scam some noobs, which of course sometimes, it's inevitable.
Activity: 770
Merit: 113
This is a difficult thing to do, just do not invest more than you are willing to lose, most of these developers started with good intentions but when they raised funds, they tuned to something else, I just feel there should be a change in the way these guys gain access to the funds, release the fund in trenches, since hey do have roadmaps, once a  major roadmap has been met, release funds to them.Never trust anybody in the space, never.
It is quite difficult, but we can still try to investigate through the social media profile of the development team. The fake team, usually seen from their social media activities, new accounts with low activity, do not match the field they are working on. It will be more easily seen if using or faking someone else's account.
The safest way is to never invest more than you can afford to lose.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
This is a difficult thing to do, just do not invest more than you are willing to lose, most of these developers started with good intentions but when they raised funds, they tuned to something else, I just feel there should be a change in the way these guys gain access to the funds, release the fund in trenches, since hey do have roadmaps, once a  major roadmap has been met, release funds to them.Never trust anybody in the space, never.
Activity: 812
Merit: 503
It's very difficult to know a real team considering the high level of imposters out there. LinkedIn profiles help a lot but can't really be 100% accurate in helping identify fake team members.  Normally, I believe a team more when they do video AMAs on YouTube, although this doesn't even guarantee that the project is legit.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
Most team always have a good social media accounts, starting with LinkedIn which is duly updates with their experiences and qualifications so far. Thus if a team finds it hard relating such to the community then something is wrong. Also, study the whitepaper, pick strategic questions and ask the team to see their reactions, in certian cases the team either removes the user or ignores the question. Also, another way it through AMA.
Activity: 76
Merit: 4
As you mentioned, looking into the team members is important. You may easily identify a goof, it is a fraudulent project. The way funds are used could also be examine. Although one shouldn't expect the get every information on funding and spending of the startup. One have to know that startups are not liquid or entirely transparent with money. If it were, it would be publicly traded stocks. It's not a problem with it though, private money is fundamentally different from public money. You shouldn't expect everything to be available as such structure could easily be replicated. And most founders are scared of that.
Pages:
Jump to: