Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you know when a site tries to scam you? - page 17. (Read 15980 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

its a good thing to first realize who you are dealing with and knowing them in bitcoin community is a difficult task unless they freely give their identity for users to check their reputation. and if they don't make this publicly, this could be a sign that they will scam you.

and you won't knew it until you can't retrieve your money.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
As  a  responsible  potential  member or  investor  on a  particular  site you must  obliged yourself  before to join to check  its   legalities .  Check its  profile, owners profile, their system and security  on their website.  If they  pay too  high  on referal  for sure it wouldnt last  long on its career.

Absolutely because for me it is one of the safest way to prevent from being scammed. But they should also have to be careful about the legalities being issued by that certain companies so it would now depends on the credibility of the documents.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
I am writing about the sites where you have to make a deposit before buy and the site offers to act as a MM in deals.

How could I know when they are trying to scam me? In general, how do I know if a MM site is trusted?
before the site scam i found a most common think that is , when they are trying to ran then they will increase the bonus for your investment and also profit for your investment will be increase . and with the bulk deposit they ran with scam .
so if any site increase his bonus for customer then fill your mind with scam alert .

Mostly all of scam site doing that and totally we must be aware since that is the real indicator that they are running, thats why we should not fall for big payouts since hyips are making that tactics to gain more investors,

Thats why its better for us to not look up and try to invest in that false invesment sites since hyips are all the same theirs no legal on them

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
When the site is asking for more information about your Financial details than it is necessary without first providing any services or products
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
As  a  responsible  potential  member or  investor  on a  particular  site you must  obliged yourself  before to join to check  its   legalities .  Check its  profile, owners profile, their system and security  on their website.  If they  pay too  high  on referal  for sure it wouldnt last  long on its career.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
I am writing about the sites where you have to make a deposit before buy and the site offers to act as a MM in deals.

How could I know when they are trying to scam me? In general, how do I know if a MM site is trusted?
before the site scam i found a most common think that is , when they are trying to ran then they will increase the bonus for your investment and also profit for your investment will be increase . and with the bulk deposit they ran with scam .
so if any site increase his bonus for customer then fill your mind with scam alert .
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I don`t know how to recognize scam site, I`m trying to see whole picture. I look at design, what they promise and how big interest is, I don`t like when they offer something too good. One of the best ways is this forum, I always search around the forum what other members think about specific investment site.
Scammers are more smarter now then before, they always find some new way to trick us. Sometimes it`s hard to recognize a scam site, when everything looks good, and everything runs smoothly. Then just time can show who is scammer and who is not.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250

1. Scan the site, there are have a malware/virus on the site.
2. Look at company profile. Then research it.
3. Look at the system. Don't easy to believe you can earn high commission just doing useless thing. High commission is mostly use by site scam to steal your money.
4. Don't easy to believe because the site has been run for more than a year/2 years. Point 3, look at system.

There are some my opinion points.

Scam is different from hacking.
Activity: 205
Merit: 100

1. Scan the site, there are have a malware/virus on the site.
2. Look at company profile. Then research it.
3. Look at the system. Don't easy to believe you can earn high commission just doing useless thing. High commission is mostly use by site scam to steal your money.
4. Don't easy to believe because the site has been run for more than a year/2 years. Point 3, look at system.

There are some my opinion points.

that's good advices. thank you.

I ever found a site/service that offers a high commission, but we need to do an easy job. So I looked for information about the site from my friends and read some threads about the site, and then I knew that it was a scam.

or we can read the feedbacks about the site, and see if the site has sertificate or not.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Look any website that ask you to make a deposit before you be able to use or earn with their services will always be a scam soo just dont joing such, you will pay for something and will get nothing easy as that.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 521
On some sites I do not know and I think no one know as the admin escape away suddenly but on some sites we feel when the management is interrupted from the administration and the lack of support start to occur etc then I feel that something bad is going to happen there.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
to do that you must know which group of sites are you searching paid to click ,mining ,revenue share,hyip,mlm...it is best to write about revenue share and ptc sites,to do that check if sie have special own design then it is better than others and check google rewievs and forum rewievs and rank
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
What I really want to do is to collect the signs that distincts the case when there is some hidden malicious activity on client side ( like a trojan on your HDD ) than when the server side is the malicious ( = scam site ). If you see that your balance disappears from your deposit address, that either could be a trojan that withdraw your money or the fact that the site went rouge.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Research is a must. This is a first step when you are trying to find out about the legitimacy of any site.

After hearing thoughts from community or any people with experience on that site, you will automatically know what to do. If in some cases you don't find any opinions about the certain site then it's up to you now if you will face the risk. Well for me, without majority consent I will not consider any site as a legit one. Also we can state some sites if it's an obvious scam.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
It's pretty much all about using your brain, scam websites are most of the time obvious (poor english sometimes , poor design , low quality domain name , no SSL  (HTTPS) which should be available in any website that transfer sensitive data ) and other stuff like that , scammers aren't creative , they are just trying to make a quick buck because they can't do anything else and they don't want to spend money to do that either. In addiction to that , you should always google about the website before depositing any BTC .
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
I don't believe in any investment site as mostly all are scam or may soon turn scammers. Earlier there were PTC sites that used to appear too good to be true and even pay their upgraded members but as soon as they earned enough profit, they just cheated everyone and turned scam. The first thing you need to check is their certificate and license, their reviews (don't depend on them as they can be bought), the returns (if they sound too good to be true, just give it a miss) and invest only the minimum amount if the site is online for over 2-3 years.

I hope you do not believe this about my investment U2 system.
All first real investment have been paid back with profit and now all investments are for free and only re-investment with earned satoshi is possible.
I believe you have invested for free at the start and have given up...
Why not check out  your account and see how it is now?

Ok...mostly all investment sites are scam...but mine not...

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
I don't believe in any investment site as mostly all are scam or may soon turn scammers. Earlier there were PTC sites that used to appear too good to be true and even pay their upgraded members but as soon as they earned enough profit, they just cheated everyone and turned scam. The first thing you need to check is their certificate and license, their reviews (don't depend on them as they can be bought), the returns (if they sound too good to be true, just give it a miss) and invest only the minimum amount if the site is online for over 2-3 years.
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
To be honest, I have no idea what an MM site is. If I were looking to trust a site I would look at a number of things.

Are they asking for an investment from you? Red flag.

Are they well known?

Can you find any real reviews (which for most scams will be fairly obvious).

Does someone reputable that you know or know of from a forum (such as bitcointalk) use the website with no issues?

Last but not least, if it seems too good to be true it probably is.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
Common sense maybe? Well in my own perspective. I always do look first the type of site i was trying to enter most likely HYIP has the highest risk of getting shutdown, next is cloudmining platform and then investment sites or revshares. So i prefer to used their services always as a free member.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

I know a site is a scam when their offers are very good to be true. Basically this is the Ponzi HYIP scheme, offering high returns in a small time period, which you don't need to do any kind of task or job, just need to send them money.

There are another kinds of scammers, like shops where you buy stuff and don't receive anything, etc. So, when you want to make a deal on the internet, choose the trustful sites only, based on customers opinios.
Pages:
Jump to: