Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you screen ICO projects, what do you look at? - page 2. (Read 503 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Look ARROUND!
You need to be careful while investing in ICO. There is no regulatory body who can control ICOs so it's your duty to analyze and research an ICO properly before investing in it. You need to check various things while investing in ICO such as whether a working product is there or not. Before investing in any ICO, I look for many points. A working product or prototype must be there,  project should have strong team, website should have all the details, whitepaper and roadmap should be clear. I also believe that ICO should have good rating on different ICO rating websites. After checking all these points, I invest a small amount in ICO

Do you believe in ICO rating websites? many people said they don't as they are financially motivated to promote some of the non so good ICOs. What is you experience?

If the sites will recommend and put a good rating of those projects that in the future nothing will be represented, then who will use such sites? they do for themselves worse in this way. Maybe I do not know what, but this is my opinion.
Activity: 258
Merit: 114
I personally check the team ,the project and popularity.If these criterias are well and the team works hard there is no reason to fail an ICO .
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
First I will look at the project itself. If it has a good objectives that will help our economy to improve. Second I consider the team if they are true to their profile posted on their website. I analyze if they are really in capable of making the project possible.

What are in your opinion  good objectives to help economy?
You need to be careful while investing in ICO. There is no regulatory body who can control ICOs so it's your duty to analyze and research an ICO properly before investing in it. You need to check various things while investing in ICO such as whether a working product is there or not. Before investing in any ICO, I look for many points. A working product or prototype must be there,  project should have strong team, website should have all the details, whitepaper and roadmap should be clear. I also believe that ICO should have good rating on different ICO rating websites. After checking all these points, I invest a small amount in ICO

Do you believe in ICO rating websites? many people said they don't as they are financially motivated to promote some of the non so good ICOs. What is you experience?
Activity: 65
 am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
Activity: 156
Merit: 13
every day and now I just go to ico rating site, pick something that does not have high hardcap, look sentiment at twitter, reduce the noise and decide based on what I finding.

Even then you could end with a wrong ICO investment if you didn't analyze every detail. With every new day, scammy developers are getting more smarter based on the fellow colleague scammer mistakes with another ICO projects. They can successfully hide their shady intentions with the highly organized plan, greatly written whitepaper, false market cap and the best of all, the false advisors. These factors can all be masked for the investor to not realize he has been cheated till the middle of the campaign.

Now or then there is some good ICO project but with the mass of the false projects, I am getting tired of the finding the proper project.
Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
every day and now I just go to ico rating site, pick something that does not have high hardcap, look sentiment at twitter, reduce the noise and decide based on what I finding.
I am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

Activity: 2
 I think you should sign for Marinecoins.If the project success, it would help you x3 your money even 100. Some of you guys may know because it developed since 2013. This project is an machine to machine payment network. Their aim is creat a blockchain which is 5 times faster than Bitcoin. And one of the things that make me think this is the best because they will give you free 450.000 token even if you join their ICO or not, just do some task for them and you get your token (450,000 will be airdropped to 20 000 first users)
Many of you are asking this question. Many of you spend hours researching new ICO projects, reading forums trying to find the proper information, get the knowledge and make the right move. I am sure you  are already aware that it is not the most efficient way. It takes time and all of us have to do the same ground work over and over again separately.

Of course there are rating websites, which tell us what the best ICOs should be but after reviewing 120 projects myself I had very different views on most of the ICO rated as the best ones.

Of course you can discuss with others on the forum but almost no one there does exhaustive and systematic research on ICOs, so lot of info but may not be relevant or very much biased by one’s opinion.

ICO investors need to protect themselves and unfortunately, ICOs are still largely unregulated so we cannot expect that somebody else will search for and punish “bad apples”.
So we decided crypto community needs a proper Due Diligence project based on the knowledge of you all. We would like to build it from the ground up and we are open to any comments, suggestions and ideas. However first we need to know, how you guys actually screen ICO projects, what you look at and what you maybe neglect. So that we can focus our attention on those things. If you fill in this survey you will help us understand exactly that. We are doing this for the community, to create better, accurate and independent ICO reviews.

Let’s discuss first how you screen ICO projects and what exactly you look at!
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
I usually go and check for the team first whether or not they are using real names an also check their background whether they have experienced already about IT and blockchain.  Second is the community involved on the project because the more participants join in , the better indication of an ICO that is likely to succeed.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Many of you are asking this question. Many of you spend hours researching new ICO projects, reading forums trying to find the proper information, get the knowledge and make the right move. I am sure you  are already aware that it is not the most efficient way. It takes time and all of us have to do the same ground work over and over again separately.

Of course there are rating websites, which tell us what the best ICOs should be but after reviewing 120 projects myself I had very different views on most of the ICO rated as the best ones.

Of course you can discuss with others on the forum but almost no one there does exhaustive and systematic research on ICOs, so lot of info but may not be relevant or very much biased by one’s opinion.

ICO investors need to protect themselves and unfortunately, ICOs are still largely unregulated so we cannot expect that somebody else will search for and punish “bad apples”.
So we decided crypto community needs a proper Due Diligence project based on the knowledge of you all. We would like to build it from the ground up and we are open to any comments, suggestions and ideas. However first we need to know, how you guys actually screen ICO projects, what you look at and what you maybe neglect. So that we can focus our attention on those things. If you fill in this survey you will help us understand exactly that. We are doing this for the community, to create better, accurate and independent ICO reviews.

Let’s discuss first how you screen ICO projects and what exactly you look at!

Yes, no matter what)) honestly) even at this time to spend) a little on the project, on the team, how much they want to collect and how many people participate. But that's if I'm in the bounty. Of course, if you want to invest, you need to study very carefully.
Activity: 71
The Marinecoin project has been running trials since 2013 and has returned to redevelop its project, ready to integrate smart contract applications.
Marinecoin develops on an open source and lightweight. Marinecoin allows developers to use their source code to develop their own projects.
Marinecoin uses source code to exploit IoT web services and web development solutions for enthusiasts.
Marinecoin created the FREE ICO event for his return. With 450000 MTC for each member introducing the project to the world. Join now and get this reward.
https://marineco.in/
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
If I liked the idea of the project first of all, I look at the composition of the team and the advisers, after that on the design of the site and other trivia.
Help me to understand how the ICO investors choose and monitor the ICOs they invest in. If you ever invested in at least one ICO fill in this questionnaire (below). Our aim is to build community due diligence initiative to screen the ICO projects for the community and help you decide which project to support.

Activity: 560
Merit: 100
I always pay attention to the little things in the project, I always look at what the project is promoting and what problems the project solves. I also always pay attention to the global nature of the project.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
The easiest way to find interesting projects with possible potential for profit is to sort ICOs listed on websites(google) based on their general rating. This list include both past and currently active token sales.SOme of them are great and gives you great review
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
I look at MVP and team
MVP what?
Question no. 2.

When you already invested in an ICO, how do you monitor your holdings?

How do you follow-up? Do you follow the social media, updates, do you follow whether they go accoridng to the roadmap?
Just be updated with everything that is connected to that ICO that you invested so that from time to time you know what's happening with your money and the ICO itself. Most of the time road maps aren't followed because of some reasons that they have to pursue some other things to make that ICO better, it's situational.
Activity: 122
I study the project well. I analyze the information published on their website, whether their project will be profitable.
Pages:
Jump to: