Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you screen ICO projects, what do you look at? - page 4. (Read 503 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
The way to look at getting a good ICO project is to learn a lot about the ICO project. You need to find out the staff, investors, their business ideas. These are the three criteria you need to check carefully.
You just need to spend a day to be able to look at all three criteria in the most detailed. And one more thing I recommend is not to listen to the rumors from the articles, let yourself learn about that project. That will help you make a smart investment decision.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I will focus first on the team members and whether the team is good enough.
But it is important to pay attention to the technical route and white paper of this token.
Finally, see if the project is open source.

Do you also care for project being audited by third party in terms of smart contract?

Help me to understand how the ICO investors choose and monitor the ICOs they invest in. If you ever invested in at least one ICO fill in this questionnaire (below). Our aim is to build community due diligence initiative to screen the ICO projects for the community and help you decide which project to support.

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I will focus first on the team members and whether the team is good enough.
But it is important to pay attention to the technical route and white paper of this token.
Finally, see if the project is open source.
Activity: 69
Merit: 2
When I look in ICO projects I see to it that this project will attracts people who will use them in future time, will it be useful or does the people need it? Because as much as the project is good but cannot attracts the market, I don't think they will earn success from it.
I look mainly few aspects:
1. The idea - is it real and achievable?
2. The team - do they have enough experience or no?
3. The whitepaper from the beginning till the end. It is given to be read. So read it!
4. The roadmap - when will the product be released ? If it is more than year, for me this is problem.
5. The product - is it the product interesting and will it be useful once it is done?

These are the main thing that I check in given ICO before I decide to invest/participate in bounty campaign.

MartoValenti do you have profound blockchain background to evaluate blockchain projects in terms of viability? I would say I have good understanding of blockchain technology (for a layman) but I dont think I could evaluate projects from tech perspective since that requires you to read the code in a profound not superficial way. I guess most of us cannot do it but it is an important  aspect of viability of the project/ So who to rely on in case  you cannot do it by yourself?
Activity: 345
Merit: 10
The ICO review sites filled with all kinds of fraud and are cheating overall. I do not trust any of them on the net.
Looking at team members, advisory, and partners. reputable people in the circle, the roadmap, whether the concept is feasible and lastly the reviews, community members, and the white paper.
Activity: 70
I look mainly few aspects:
1. The idea - is it real and achievable?
2. The team - do they have enough experience or no?
3. The whitepaper from the beginning till the end. It is given to be read. So read it!
4. The roadmap - when will the product be released ? If it is more than year, for me this is problem.
5. The product - is it the product interesting and will it be useful once it is done?

These are the main thing that I check in given ICO before I decide to invest/participate in bounty campaign.
Activity: 14
Hi All!!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpre-ico-golden-resources-3048215
it's online platform of gold mining company on Ethereum blockchain
All Tokens Golden Resource have an physical gold in real world.
1 000 GDR = 1 ounce gold
GDR - Coin by backed gold reserves of three gold deposits:
Lysogorsky deposit,Seybinsky deposit,Kuturchinsky square
Bounty campaign 19 weeks 02/03/2018-12/06/2018 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bountypre-ico-ico-golden-resources-the-online-platform-of-a-gold-mining-3048054

Join!

It's a good question.  RadioYo just launched our ICO at https://rao.radioyo.fm and we're contacting "companies" that do this type of stuff.  I'm interested in what the Board thinks.

Do you want us to do an experiment of community due diligence and tell you what we think? I think that would be pretty dope idea.

Help me to understand how the ICO investors choose and monitor the ICOs they invest in. If you ever invested in at least one ICO fill in this questionnaire (below). Our aim is to build community due diligence initiative to screen the ICO projects for the community and help you decide which project to support.

MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
One of the first things I look at are the team members, advisory, and partners. Having reputable people working on the project is the most important thing to the project for me.

Next, I look at the roadmap, whether the concept is feasible.

Then I take a look at the reviews, community members, and the white paper.
Activity: 112
I believe the same, they are unreliable. Others offer reliability but have to pay in return.
Anyway, while checking USP is great, I also check for development plans and the team that holds it together. If they a good or excellent track record then all the better. In addition, check if they excellent visibility in various social media - it proves identity and have nothing to hide.
Activity: 336
Merit: 7
I am looking at project first of all, weather it has interesting and unique idea, team is important, and if company has some background and any products it is good sign.
Activity: 196
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
The ICO review sites filled with all kinds of fraud, so most of the time I will not pay attention to the ICO review sites, I can observe their gtihub code base, if the code is open source, so I think I will choose investment.
Guys do you genuinly look at tokenomics, eg how the token circulates and how it incentivizes the token-holders?

Help me do the survey on ICO investor behavior, fill in this questionnaire and after two weeks I will post results in this thread!

Activity: 205
It's a good question.  RadioYo just launched our ICO at https://rao.radioyo.fm and we're contacting "companies" that do this type of stuff.  I'm interested in what the Board thinks.
Activity: 44
I am looking into profiles of these developers and founders digging some information to know that these people are real,checking the github activity of these developers if they are very active surely there are something about the development,product of the ICO is a must too,you should know theres a lot to consider,coin supply the distribution of the whoe supply is another factor,partnership and roadmap should be positive.
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Those rating websites are full of it and completely unreliable. I always start out checking how much they want to raise cause if it is too much I can move on without wasting time reading everything. If they raise an amount I can stand with then I start looking at their team, if I don't like it then I move on to another ICO. If I like the team I start reading their problem solution or whatever their USP is and then everything else.

That's also a good point in screening an ICO project, sometimes I do that because in joining ICO campaign it is important that you need to check first how much would the project would raise. We cannot deny the fact that that's the first thing that we actually considered and by that you will also considering reading the platform of the project.
Activity: 308

Many of you are asking this question. Many of you spend hours researching new ICO projects, reading forums trying to find the proper information, get the knowledge and make the right move. I am sure you  are already aware that it is not the most efficient way. It takes time and all of us have to do the same ground work over and over again separately.

Of course there are rating websites, which tell us what the best ICOs should be but after reviewing 120 projects myself I had very different views on most of the ICO rated as the best ones.

Of course you can discuss with others on the forum but almost no one there does exhaustive and systematic research on ICOs, so lot of info but may not be relevant or very much biased by one’s opinion.

ICO investors need to protect themselves and unfortunately, ICOs are still largely unregulated so we cannot expect that somebody else will search for and punish “bad apples”.
So we decided crypto community needs a proper Due Diligence project based on the knowledge of you all. We would like to build it from the ground up and we are open to any comments, suggestions and ideas. However first we need to know, how you guys actually screen ICO projects, what you look at and what you maybe neglect. So that we can focus our attention on those things. If you fill in this survey you will help us understand exactly that. We are doing this for the community, to create better, accurate and independent ICO reviews.

Let’s discuss first how you screen ICO projects and what exactly you look at!

I think it is the white paper and team members that we need to pay our attention.
Activity: 280
Merit: 107
This seems simple but it will get more complex when you do it: First reading WP and judging the website if it looks professional or scamish. Then research the project (the idea and its feasibility) and the team behind it.
Activity: 277
Merit: 100
the first i will look into the features inside the project,,
because for now most of ICO project didn't have an original idea,
just a few project thats have an original idea with new features
after that i will do a deep research with their team members of the project
Pages:
Jump to: