Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you stomach the dips? - page 5. (Read 2029 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
March 15, 2018, 04:49:32 AM
Anyone can invest in Bitcoin. Your friend. Your enemy. Your whatever. However, you must advice them to learn about the basics of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency first. Investing in Bitcoin without having a basic knowledge of Bitcoin or not knowing what you're doing is a recipe for failure. You don't just follow the band because everyone is in the band. Invest in bitcoin only after study and research.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
March 15, 2018, 04:22:48 AM
How do you deal with 20% plus drops. Do you try to sell at the top and buy back in? are you a hold on for dear lifer?

Personally, I already expect price drops to happen due to bitcoin's volatility but I cannot help but to feel nervous and anxious about my investments. What I do, I risk 50% of my bitcoins by not selling them while I sell the other half of my investments above the price I initially invested them on. If it came to a point that the initial price I invested my bitcoins are below, then I just let time do its magic by waiting.

We always hope to see a lower price and buy again when the price falls, but this is risky. We can't predict the price drop completely, but I generally buy it when the price falls below the range I expected. .

Considering that there has been a consistent decrease on its price over the past weeks, we might see its price being stable at around the $8000-$9000 mark depending on the circumstances happening. With this, we must accept that price are really decreasing on a steady pace. It depends now on our investment goals whether we should sell/acquire more depending on our financial status.
Activity: 61
March 15, 2018, 04:21:45 AM
This is a good form of investment, but it will easily damage the interests of some investors, but also the suspicion of manipulating the market, which will cause panic among most people.
copper member
Activity: 68
March 15, 2018, 04:17:25 AM
The best way to stomach the dips is to look at the historical charts. Crashes are a very common occurrence in the cryptocurrency space. Once you look a the charts, you'll know that whatever you're seeing is not the first time this has happened. The market has been here before, and it'll be here again.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
March 15, 2018, 04:01:26 AM
I used to be afraid when Bitcoin dropped a little more than I expected and I even panic sold some of my Bitcoin. Now, I'm no longer afraid of dips, I simply hold as long as it is possible. I try to spend my BTC only at ATH and encourage my friends to buy BTC when Bitcoin decreased a lot. Of course, none of them wants to buy something that is losing its value. Quite funny because they later bought it when it was much more expensive. My advise is not to panic because Bitcoin will eventually recover. Now it is the perfect time to buy some. I have no idea when it will start to increase again.
Activity: 352
Merit: 125
March 15, 2018, 03:19:34 AM
How do you deal with 20% plus drops. Do you try to sell at the top and buy back in? are you a hold on for dear lifer?

It really pains me to see those dips on the price of bitcoin but I am one of those who stlll hope that the price will go up. It happens before where bitcoin price plumetted but recovered. I think it is better to hold and wait for the prices to go up.
Activity: 55
March 15, 2018, 03:09:43 AM
We always hope to see a lower price and buy again when the price falls, but this is risky. We can't predict the price drop completely, but I generally buy it when the price falls below the range I expected. .
Activity: 448
Merit: 281
March 15, 2018, 03:05:43 AM
It all depends when do you need the money. If it is in 2-3 years, or later. You should not sweat at all. At some point, BTC will go higher than 20k, and you can sell Smiley
You have hit very important thing that is always in the mind of investors before they are making any sort of investment in any market. Even if take the example of bitcoin, people are investing into it just because they need money sooner or later. As you said, those who are planning of making money gradually and in large amount, you don’t need to put yourself in any distress. Short term should also stay light because they have invested in right coin.
Activity: 103
March 14, 2018, 08:17:02 AM
At times like this, I just hodl my coins, buy more and invest if I have the money to spare. Then I close my wallets and continue with my normal daily routine because I know the bear market will surely end.
Have a beer and relax
Activity: 41
March 13, 2018, 06:12:27 PM
I have seen several of these threads on stomaching dips and losing money trading. Does no one use put or call options on BTC to minimize your loses.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
March 13, 2018, 05:40:13 PM
Surely, holding and investing at moments like this, is the best thing to do. It is jist temporary and the market will be positive soon. Selling will just contribute on the downfall so as much as possible, avoid it. Invest and hold rather, because once the market value starts to recover, huge profit will be earned given tht the dumps are not permanent.
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
March 13, 2018, 05:37:01 PM
Haven't got time for day trading so just acquire when I can and hodl. I know that there will be dips and bumps but you need to look at the bigger picture ahead. Bitcoin is going to rise, could benefit from day trading but I know overall it is an upwards trend so not going to worry about a few dips along the way
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
March 13, 2018, 01:57:57 PM
Well yes i sold my bitcoins last december when the price reachex 20k i profited about 17k last year then i bought last month 6800 good thing that i bought bitcoin when the price drops at 6k and it did drop firther but i decided to hold on since the dip will be over soon. But now it's back to 9k~10k, i'm still planning to sell or hold on i don't know what to do with my bitcoin at the moment since it's not good to invest im bitcoin at the moment due volatitlity
Activity: 254
Merit: 100
Blockchain with solar energy
March 13, 2018, 01:52:57 PM

In time you will get used to it. At first when the market dips your heart rate goes up and sometimes you consider selling at loss. But now you just wait it out and not panick sell as you will lose a lot. Just keep calm and hold. Eventually prices will normalize and go up or just sell at a minimal loss.
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
March 13, 2018, 01:41:25 PM
One gets use to it. What ever you do will not change the reality of the situation at that material time . Just HODL and do not think too much about it.
Activity: 476
Merit: 124
March 13, 2018, 01:31:31 PM
During these dips, I HODL what I have and look for a good entry point. I'm sticking to cost averaging method in accumulating BTC and buy additional 10% more than my monthly average. For further bloodbath, I read good news about corporations and big investors adopting the technology. These investors won't invest in something that is set to fail.
Activity: 563
Merit: 102
March 13, 2018, 01:31:15 PM

I am.not worrier about the dip and i am still.in hold of.my coins than to.sell right now because it will not help. it will only give me more losses if I will sell now I am just waiting for the right time to sell some of my coins.
Activity: 265
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
March 13, 2018, 01:27:04 PM
I have tried to sell on top and buy back again but I have seen that I have lack of patience on doing it so I have decided to be a holder until my deserved price which is better for me.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
March 13, 2018, 01:13:24 PM

Never ever do that, like never sell your coins when the prices are dipping. Instead consider it as a opportunity to buy more and lower your average out, while this seems risky in the short run in the long run you'll profit a lot from this kind of strategy. Always remember buy at dips and sell only at high prices. Yes I shall hold it till the very end I can and never bother to sell it, I trust it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
March 13, 2018, 01:01:21 PM
I ignore them because until now, I still dont have any tokens or coins earned. You guys are lucky because you have your coins to talk about and I dont. But, if I am in that situation, I will still hodl my coins for future use.
Holding is best suitable option for a person when dips are roaring around you. Whenever things are not in good situation, you need to be flexible and try to absorb them. Before getting into trading or investing, it is often advised to compel your mind on how to deal with losses. Especially when it is a dip, how will you behave and what will be the measure you should take.
Pages:
Jump to: