Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 125. (Read 92217 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
January 31, 2016, 08:19:37 AM
I am using three flatform to store my bitcoins,blockchain for all my transaction,yobit for buying alt coins and of course electrum wallet as a desktop wallet,you should not put all your eggs in one basket,bitcoin is an investment a very good investment ,every bitcoin we have now is precious as the price could go up in the future..
same with me. I keep some bitcoin in different places, not in one wallet, really what you say, it is very risky if storing in one container, if we hacked all our money will be lost
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
January 31, 2016, 08:03:02 AM
I am using three flatform to store my bitcoins,blockchain for all my transaction,yobit for buying alt coins and of course electrum wallet as a desktop wallet,you should not put all your eggs in one basket,bitcoin is an investment a very good investment ,every bitcoin we have now is precious as the price could go up in the future..
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
January 31, 2016, 07:50:16 AM
I keep everything I have except 0,03BTC in my Electrum wallet. These 0,03BTC are stored in my YoBit account.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1268
January 31, 2016, 07:48:39 AM
I store my savings in cold storage and some amount in blockchain  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
January 31, 2016, 07:45:00 AM
1 Hardware wallet
1 Hot wallet (Core)
and 1 another Hot wallet (Mobile Phone)
Activity: 118
Merit: 100
A Programmer
January 31, 2016, 07:23:43 AM
So mostly everyone think that the most secure way to store the Bitcoin(s) are using a paper wallet? yes they are secure, it is getting more reliable if you are using the multisig approach
Activity: 756
I don't bite.
January 31, 2016, 07:19:52 AM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
I store my Bitcoin on both online and offline wallet. Mostly on offline wallet though.
I don't really trust online wallet but I still use them to store my Bitcoin. Tongue
Activity: 644
January 31, 2016, 07:16:34 AM
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

Better people can save their bitcoins in paper wallet for keep it more safe.
I have my bitcoins in paper wallet which I saved early. Nearly 5 btc.
Others are in my online wallet only
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2016, 07:04:52 AM

I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. Even seems not secure in the first view this is only an impression and not a fact. Seems that the online wallet are the less secure but if read all the data given about this matter offered by Coinbase understand the right meaning that the word "secure" has for this business. I am writing some. First must be told (even this has nothing to do with the security but with your pocket) all the fee-s of the sent of bitcoin are paid from Coinbase. Then they store 98% of customer funds offline. Offline storage provides an important security measure against theft or loss. They distribute bitcoin geographically in safe deposit boxes and vaults around the world. And at the end (for more you can go yourself at their website) Coinbase is insured against employee theft and hacking in an amount that exceeds the average value of online bitcoin it holds at any given time. Specifically, Coinbase's insurance policy would respond in the event that bitcoin stored in Coinbase was lost or stolen as a result of a breach of our physical security, cyber security, or as a result of employee theft. Coinbase has held this insurance since November 2013 with highly rated carriers (S&P rating of A+ or A.M. Best Rating of A XV or higher).
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
January 31, 2016, 06:48:42 AM
I dont have that much, so i just store them on Exhange websites, like Bitstamp or Kraken. I also have MultiBit HD as a desktop walllet.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
January 31, 2016, 06:48:08 AM
I store all my wallet.dat files in like 10 different USB sticks offline. I have been doing this since the very first time I started with Bitcoin. It's the best option for me. It is quite time consuming updating each wallet file since I have so many and they need to be stored on all sticks again. Better safe than sorry. Smiley
Activity: 676
January 31, 2016, 06:38:16 AM
Blockchain.info for smaller ammounts, Electrum wallet (under linux) for gathering all my incomes. When my assests will (hopefully  Cheesy) reach significant value I am going to develop something more secure method, maybe paper wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
January 31, 2016, 06:33:02 AM
I store mostly on paper wallets and multiple online wallets (In which only 2 of them have been posted publicly and others are kept as a secret due to security purposes). Also a little bit of earned BTCitcoin on mining websites (reputable one's only).

Paper wallets seem a lot more risky for me as i would have to physically protect it unlike having a bitcoin wallet on my drive protected by passwords.
I have a laptop that when turned on, will ask login password before a user can see run my multibithd wallet.. I don't have much btc so I don't think they'd live a comfortable life if they got my btcs. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 31, 2016, 06:32:46 AM
in a usb plus i'm planning to build a dedicated mini server for bitcoin core, so i can support the netowork and have a secure hot wallet, on which i can plug my usb

obviously i'll run exclusively only the client and nothing else
January 31, 2016, 06:28:27 AM
It is risky but you can certain small amount kept on exchanges.
Why is that good? You can react fast if dump occurs or wait for alts to wake up like Dogecoin recently

Just dont get goxxed. Only keep on the exchange what you would use for trading. If you dont controll the private key, they are not your coins, but a mere promise from someone you probably dont even know.
Yes its is risky but how to trade without exchanges?
All those manipulations can increase your holding at the end.. Why not take advantage of that?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
January 31, 2016, 06:20:56 AM
I store mostly on paper wallets and multiple online wallets (In which only 2 of them have been posted publicly and others are kept as a secret due to security purposes). Also a little bit of earned BTCitcoin on mining websites (reputable one's only).
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528
No I dont escrow anymore.
January 31, 2016, 06:20:42 AM
Why is that good? You can react fast if dump occurs or wait for alts to wake up like Dogecoin recently

Just dont get goxxed. Only keep on the exchange what you would use for trading. If you dont controll the private key, they are not your coins, but a mere promise from someone you probably dont even know.
Activity: 118
Merit: 3
Servers professional
January 31, 2016, 06:17:36 AM
Just do not keep all eggs in one basket Smiley
January 31, 2016, 06:17:06 AM
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
January 31, 2016, 06:14:28 AM

I use a mixture - I have some paper wallets stored in a safe

I have a few bitcoin on my main computer using elctrum wallet

I have .4 ish bitcoins on my Iphone

I have almost a bitcoin on blockchain.info

I figure its good to spread it around (it helps me sleep safer at night)

This could be the best answer... and also stake some little amount in exchange for fast buying / selling for fiat/other crypto Wink
Jump to: