Pages:
Author

Topic: How effective is covid vaccine in protecting against contacting the virus - page 2. (Read 410 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2
In my opinion, covid vaccine only helps people to get high immune system to their body. Vaccine doesn't prevent you from covid.

However, you have to take precautions such as physical distancing, wash your hands and face, and never going to crowd places such as shopping mall and anywhere else.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

The more so-called 'vaccine' they pump into arms, the bigger the 'covid waves' become.  In that sense the 'vaccine' is 'effective.'

This is exactly as I said would happen after I studied the results of the early trials data and realized that they didn't even have the ability to do anything about the coronavirus.  I figured that the gene therapy would at least work a little bit as a 'vaccine', but in the trials we saw that they didn't even do that.  Of course one had to look at the study design and the details; obviously the mainstream media and the 'public health' rodents would tell a different story, but their information is was degraded to worthlessness long before the plandemic was kicked off.

The carnage and death brought on by the de-pop shot are not 'side effects.'  They are 'effects'.  Just as I confidently predicted, they would ramp up and be blamed on the bad bad SARS-cov-2 which was blamed for the 'covid-19' disease back before it went extinct and in fact did very little of anything.  The heavy-lifting of killing off folks in the early days to get the numbers was primarily accomplished by paying off a corrupt sub-set of hospitals with some BIG bucks to do the hits.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
What you should know:
- The "vaccine" reduces the risk of people contracting and spreading the virus, but it's not 100%* since it's related to (1) efficacy, (2) waning effect, (3) age/natural immunity, and (4) COVID variant. For perspective, even if you were double jabbed, you'll have as low as 2% less risk for omicron.
- You can still spread the virus even you aren't infected (or tested negative). The virus can stay on your clothes, hair, mask, etc.

*I don't want to mention exact number since the data collected can be garbage, it's not as simple as counting death/hospitalization.

With other words what you say. Your chances of chatching a cold is reduced by 2% the risk of a earlier death (unknown long term consequences from toxic injection) increases by 98%
https://rumble.com/embed/vqqmda/?pub=4
The pandemic started a long time ago with the virus in the brain.

No. FFS. Have a look at the link that mu_enrico provided. The point about waning efficacy is very relevant. If you've had the third (booster) shot, your chances of symptomatic infection are reduced by 63%. The link is a summary of UK data from late November to mid-December. The chart I shared earlier in this thread covers UK data for the second half of December, and might be easier for you to understand as it's a picture rather than a table. The best protection against testing positive for Omicron is having contracted Delta. Second best is having had the third shot. But obviously the "second best" protection comes with the added benefit that you don't have to have contracted Covid previously.

Protection can be conferred either through previous infection or through vaccination, which is both overwhelmingly safe and hugely effective. This really shouldn't be a difficult choice.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty
What you should know:
- The "vaccine" reduces the risk of people contracting and spreading the virus, but it's not 100%* since it's related to (1) efficacy, (2) waning effect, (3) age/natural immunity, and (4) COVID variant. For perspective, even if you were double jabbed, you'll have as low as 2% less risk for omicron.
- You can still spread the virus even you aren't infected (or tested negative). The virus can stay on your clothes, hair, mask, etc.

*I don't want to mention exact number since the data collected can be garbage, it's not as simple as counting death/hospitalization.

With other words what you say. Your chances of chatching a cold is reduced by 2% the risk of a earlier death (unknown long term consequences from toxic injection) increases by 98%
https://rumble.com/embed/vqqmda/?pub=4
The pandemic started a long time ago with the virus in the brain.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
What you should know:

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1514
So they are not totally useless, but they are not going to slow down transmission. The reduced risk of serious illness should reduce the strain on the hospital and healthcare system.

I agree, my only issue is purpose of vaccination. If the goal of someone getting vaccinated is to prevent a serous case of COVID, I don't take an issue with it. However, if the they (by they, I mean doctors, public health experts, government officials) suggest that the vaccine and boosters are a way to prevent infection, then it's just a flat out lie. And so the target really should be older folks without a good immune system. They must be the focus of the vaccines, not young people or children who are not at risk for a severe case.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
I think the vaccine is for prevention and not for curing the deadly disease. The only way one can protect his/herself is to take some certain health measures by isolating self from a crowded environment.
You must have said it right. Vaccines are a preventive measure to increase the recipient's immune system from viral attacks, not as a drug. It is wrong for people to think that vaccines are drugs to cure infections and they should know what vaccines are for.

Since 2020 until now I have received 3 doses of the vaccine recommended by the government and my work agency. The first and second doses were Sinovac while the third dose was Moderna (in recent months). The first 2 doses are not very effective at preventing infection as some people are still infected after get those 2 doses, but I have not heard that those who have taken 3 doses have also been infected.
legendary
The reward of €1.5 Million euro is still up for grabs for scientific proof the virus exists (we know it exist in idot box). Sick people does not profe a virus exist.
https://www.samueleckert.net/isolate-truth-fund/

These people have already decided that Covid doesn't exist, and they're offering 1.5m to anyone who can prove it exists. Who determines whether or not this proof is valid? Why, the people who've decided it doesn't exist and who are "offering" a prize, of course. Utterly moronic.

He certainly should face criminal charges, and I really hope he does. The man is incompetent, self-serving and as corrupt as they come... but this is a separate issue.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 592
God is great
I think the vaccine is for prevention and not for curing the deadly disease. The only way one can protect his/herself is to take some certain health measures by isolating self from a crowded environment.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty
The reward of €1.5 Million euro is still up for grabs for scientific proof the virus exists (we know it exist in idot box). Sick people does not profe a virus exist.
https://www.samueleckert.net/isolate-truth-fund/

Injecting some toxins does not protect against anything, you just die early.
The VACCINATED are infected at alarming rate
https://i.imgur.com/D473DC3.mp4

The toxic Cocktail sure is not save

Boris Johnson Could Face Criminal Charges, Says Barrister
https://www.lotuseaters.com/boris-johnson-could-face-criminal-charges-says-barrister-26-01-2022
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
The only way to protect yourself against contracting the virus is to avoid situations where you might get in contact with it.
Practice physical distancing, wash hands and face after each exposure, wear PPE everywhere when in public. 
Do not eat or drink in public, etc.
Of all that could be said about the Covid-19 pandemic and all the evolving strains and vaccines in our world today, this is the only spoken truth that seems to have worked just fine. A pandemic not yet proven extensively and still people are encouraged to take vaccines against the Covid-19 without directing it towards any particular strain is just something scary. Most pereon don't even understand what they are rong or the vaccines they are being served. All that is know is, the vaccine is for Covid-19 and that's it. Uey the disease continues to persist.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

Looks like 'omicron' is just one of the candidates from earlier lab work which wasn't chosen for the initial release:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/sccIh1ckPz5l/

Logic dictates that there are probably hundreds of these which can be pulled off the shelf for use in one circumstance or another.

Since there is zero interest in tracking down where any of them came from the cycle of new releases and quarterly boosters is likely to repeat to infinity.  Or until the population gets down to where the folks running this thing wish it to be.  Likely well below half a billion based on various statements, writings, monuments, etc.

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
I was found to have contracted the Delta variant, hopefully, the symptoms weren't that bad, I've honestly felt worse with past sicknesses.

I hope you've recovered by now. I did heard in the news that Delta confers some resistance to the Omicron variant, let's just hope that that is really the case.
legendary
The covid vaccines approved for use in the US [...] are not going to slow down transmission.
Pfizer is approved in the US though, surely? Do you disagree with the chart I shared a couple of posts before yours? Data from the UK are pretty conclusive that vaccines do slow transmission.

The reduced risk of serious illness should reduce the strain on the hospital and healthcare system.
Reduce relative to what?

To what the strain would have been if no-one had been vaccinated? This is clearly not the case, see above.

Or to what the strain was with the previous wave, with a variant that produced (on average) more severe symptoms? Well, maybe, a lower percentage risk is one factor, but we also need to consider overall case numbers, yes? Which vaccination helps to reduce.
Hypothetical figures to illustrate the point:
If Delta has a 10% chance of hospitalisation, and 10m people catch it, then 1m hospitalised.
If Omicron has a 5% chance of hospitalisation, and 30m people catch it, then 1.5m hospitalised, so greater strain on the system despite a lower percentage risk.

Also, the actual trend:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/30/covid-uk-coronavirus-cases-deaths-and-vaccinations-today
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
Add this issue on top of omicron being so genetically distant from the original strain, you have useless vaccines in terms of stopping transmission.
The covid vaccines approved for use in the US have shown to reduce the risk of serious illness and death. So they are not totally useless, but they are not going to slow down transmission. The reduced risk of serious illness should reduce the strain on the hospital and healthcare system.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 758
I was found to have contracted the Delta variant, hopefully, the symptoms weren't that bad, I've honestly felt worse with past sicknesses.
[...]
I was to receive the third dose in late January or early February, unfortunately, Covid got the best of me and now I can't.

The chart above is from the UK, from the second half of December, when Omicron was sweeping the country. You can see that the factor that conferred the highest protection (from Omicron) for this dataset was having had previously contracted the Delta variant... so if Omicron sweeps through your country soon, then it looks like you should have some decent protection. So that's some good news.

Anyway, most important is that you've recovered.
Thank you, that's good news, I thought I would be susceptible to the Omicron variant, due to being infected with the Delta previously, don't know why but it sounded plausible in my head. Omicron is currently sweeping the country here too, but till a few weeks ago, the analogy between Omicron and Delta was said to be 60/40 -70/30. Chances are, it has increased dramatically now.
legendary
[...]
I was to receive the third dose in late January or early February, unfortunately, Covid got the best of me and now I can't.

The chart above is from the UK, from the second half of December, when Omicron was sweeping the country. You can see that the factor that conferred the highest protection (from Omicron) for this dataset was having had previously contracted the Delta variant... so if Omicron sweeps through your country soon, then it looks like you should have some decent protection. So that's some good news.

Anyway, most important is that you've recovered.
According to Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC), vaccines do prevent infection, however, it is not guaranteed, while the preventive protection dies down after a few months. They certainly assist in preventing severe illness/symptoms or even death.

I was vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer, the second one was received approximately 6 months ago. I got infected but only developed mild symptoms, some fever (~38 C), sore throat, a little cough and that's about it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html

The chart below demonstrates the extent to which vaccines have prevented infection in the UK, and also demonstrates quite clearly how protection wanes over time. As with a lot of Covid charts, there are many complicating factors, and arguably the dimensions on the second chart should be flipped vertically to retain the time trend from the top chart... but it's all quite clear in any case.

It's interesting that people who had a first vaccine more than 6 months ago, but never followed it up with a second vaccine are more likely to contract Covid than someone who is unvaccinated. This is interesting, and I'd like to see more detail. I suspect this might be a very small group, of whom a disproportionate percentage have since moved into the 'too vulnerable to vaccinate' category, and so would be at higher risk regardless of vaccination status... but this is supposition, and I have no data on it.

One thing - perhaps the most important thing - is not covered on these charts, and that's hospitalisation by vaccination status, the data for which isn't available from the ONS. But data from elsewhere, as I've presented previously, have certainly indicated that the risk of severe symptoms is much lower if you've been vaccinated.

Another factor, again supposition, might be that people are more likely to be tested if they are symptomatic. If vaccines protect against symptoms, then they would also reduce the likelihood of you taking a test, in which case the vaccine protection would actually be greater than that presented on those charts.

@Ultegra134 - your second Pfizer jab ~6 months ago, with no third jab, would seem to protect you slightly against infection... but as I say, the protection from severe symptoms is perhaps more important.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights
I was to receive the third dose in late January or early February, unfortunately, Covid got the best of me and now I can't. Certainly, the most important thing about vaccines is to prevent serious illness, which could potentially even lead to hospitalisation in an ICU unit or even death.

legendary
According to Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC), vaccines do prevent infection, however, it is not guaranteed, while the preventive protection dies down after a few months. They certainly assist in preventing severe illness/symptoms or even death.

I was vaccinated with two doses of Pfizer, the second one was received approximately 6 months ago. I got infected but only developed mild symptoms, some fever (~38 C), sore throat, a little cough and that's about it.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html

The chart below demonstrates the extent to which vaccines have prevented infection in the UK, and also demonstrates quite clearly how protection wanes over time. As with a lot of Covid charts, there are many complicating factors, and arguably the dimensions on the second chart should be flipped vertically to retain the time trend from the top chart... but it's all quite clear in any case.

It's interesting that people who had a first vaccine more than 6 months ago, but never followed it up with a second vaccine are more likely to contract Covid than someone who is unvaccinated. This is interesting, and I'd like to see more detail. I suspect this might be a very small group, of whom a disproportionate percentage have since moved into the 'too vulnerable to vaccinate' category, and so would be at higher risk regardless of vaccination status... but this is supposition, and I have no data on it.

One thing - perhaps the most important thing - is not covered on these charts, and that's hospitalisation by vaccination status, the data for which isn't available from the ONS. But data from elsewhere, as I've presented previously, have certainly indicated that the risk of severe symptoms is much lower if you've been vaccinated.

Another factor, again supposition, might be that people are more likely to be tested if they are symptomatic. If vaccines protect against symptoms, then they would also reduce the likelihood of you taking a test, in which case the vaccine protection would actually be greater than that presented on those charts.

@Ultegra134 - your second Pfizer jab ~6 months ago, with no third jab, would seem to protect you slightly against infection... but as I say, the protection from severe symptoms is perhaps more important.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19/latestinsights

Pages:
Jump to: