Pages:
Author

Topic: How ethical is it? - page 3. (Read 351 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
April 26, 2018, 01:02:06 PM
it depends on how you are selling them!
for example if you are going on the currency exchange board of bitcointalk and selling the coins by lying and faking facts then it is unethical.
but if there is an actual market for it like on an exchange (for example on Yobit) and people are already trading that coin (if it has volume) then there is nothing unethical. they have a reason for trading (buying) the coin there. go ahead and dump your coins.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
April 26, 2018, 12:42:41 PM
Money are money, also the Zclassic is a dead project, but it pumped the 600% in the last two weeks, maybe this coin will die, maybe will find a new team able to keep it up.
That means there is a huge request of this coin, so some people are buying also if they haven't the certainty that this coin will survive.

The market is the market, let the buyers buy, just if they ask you something about the coin, don't lie at all to them.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
April 26, 2018, 12:22:33 PM
What do you mean? I do not understand what you are trying to say.

I think he misunderstood - or didn't read your post at all.

From my perspective it is unethical. At some point, it is analogous to "tricking" someone to buy something that doesn't have any value in the future so it won't be profitable for them. This is not a trade, as somebody, in the end, won't get any benefits. Even if there is a possibility that they do want to buy it, there's also a possibility that they don't know the coin is dead, or they will use the coins bought from you to scam others by thinking that this coins still has some value (or simply doing a pump and dump).

I believe it is better for you to not sell it after all. Somebody will be at loss in the end cause the coin is dead (assuming what you said is true).
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
April 26, 2018, 10:35:31 AM
What do you mean? I do not understand what you are trying to say.
Activity: 362
Merit: 100
April 26, 2018, 09:44:47 AM
Right, if you will sell now it will only make the biggest loss. So when you have bitcoin - you better hold, and wait for big dumps before doing withdraw
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
January 14, 2018, 08:45:12 AM
So, I have some bitcoinred (btcred). I received the new revolution or whatever coins. I am now trying to decide if I should sell my old btcred coins. They 0.20 USD a pop.
I do not want to sell something that if the buyer does not know that they are not valid anymore. On the other hand, you can never be sure. Maybe they wanna buy it anyway.
Any help on the ethical implications of selling an ended coin?
Pages:
Jump to: