Pages:
Author

Topic: how governments can regulate digital currencies? - page 9. (Read 2200 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 11
Government cannot regulate the flow unless they legalized bitcoin as the currency. They cannot control something they don't know, since bitcoin seems unknown for them. But perhaps government can try to track the transaction from the token that is made administratively in licensing of electrical consumption and crypto exchange that transmit fiat.
Activity: 355
Merit: 102
Governments can't really control or regulate digital currencies themselves but on the other hand, they can regulate and control financial institutions or exchanges.
the government is the one that regulates all of a country that I know the government is in control of digital money is the day the minister of finance and minister of information technology because it is identical with today's technology so most likely the controlling person is that person
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
Interesting question. But keep in mind they are government which means they have access to almost everything, even great people, hackers, it, computer geniuses etc. That is why I believe they could hire very smart people to help them regulate cryptos, or maybe they are already doing it, they are only waiting to apply it officially, who knows? Never underestimate the government.
You are very right, the government can easily do everything about crypto currencies in the country if the government forbids me to think that no one can do anything to free the ban if the government cooperates, maybe it will get better results.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
https://saturn.black
According to Professor Williams, Bitcoin has already reached its historical maximum once and will no longer be able to repeat such a jump. Unlike gold, which has a tangible value.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Base on my opinion, crypto currency regulations will not as hard as it is. Here in our country, there are already merchants who accepts crypto. And banks also accepts bitcoin transactions. We can also convert or buy bitcoins in some money transfers.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Complete regulation of crypto currencies is not possible that is why the governments don't know how to accept them as legal transaction method but if people uses the centralized exchages for storing purpose then they can be traced and their assets maybe recorded but it is impossible tho in a countries where we have people in millions or even in billions.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
Cryptocurrencies have been the target of regulations by you governments but since they can't control a decentralized currency, they instead imposed regulations on cryptoexchanges so they can monitor their flow of transactions. Most of the present are centralized and can be controlled but decentralized exchanges or DExs are also growing in numbers and it said to be safer way to trade than in centralized ones. Government might find it difficult to impose regulations on DEx because nobody actually owns it.
Activity: 440
Merit: 115
Zonda BTC, LTC , USD Exchange
Governments can't really control or regulate digital currencies themselves but on the other hand, they can regulate and control financial institutions or exchanges.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
it's possible, if they (the government) create their own cryptocurrency so they can manage it themselves. this is what underlies many countries that reject the presence of cryptocurrency, because they cannot be monitored.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
I believe that the bitcoin system could never be regulated nor it should be regulated at all. I think it is best to preserve bitcoin's structure to warrant the retention of security and features.

I believe it would be best to regulate exchanges and crypto-related services only, especially the conversion to fiat money. Let the regulation take place at this level alone, let bitcoin exist as a private digital asset and only receive regulation when it is to enter to financial sphere of a country. This way, bitcoin remains to be ideal as it was primed for and at the samte time, creates enough security blanket for the governments against malicious financial attacks.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
They can try to regulate the exchanges and the users of them. Store your bitcoin in your own secure wallet anyway, not on an exchange.The best way for the government is to allow users to disclose their crypto transactions and they have the option to monitor it through the domestic crypto exchanges (with KYC).If they think that they will do their work legally they may follow government rules as a result they both may gainer legally.
Activity: 19
In order to be able to go into operation and bring into full play, digital money needs the support of governments or the central bank. One reason is the growing concern that this type of virtual currency can be used for nefarious activities, such as money laundering. Virtual money can also be a threat to the current financial system because it sometimes encourages speculative consumers and innocent borrowing. But to regulate digital money is hardly possible doing.
Activity: 392
Though it’s easy to see why governments would want to regulate the movement of digital currencies, the reality of doing so is much harder. A lot of wallets have no identification to them and rest on a server in a third party country. In the case of offline wallets in devices such as the Ledger Nano, they’re not connected to any network.so is it possible to regulate ?

I think so, it is very difficult to regulate by any government to its inhabitants who uses digital currencies. Actually it will fully depends on peoples honesty i think. If they think that they will do their work legally they may follow government rules as a result they both may gainer legally.

To make sure everyone is honest it is unrealistic. No one can be sure that everyone is honest. There is always greed, especially on the Internet. I think governments have banned Bitcoin for a reason. They fear that when they do not manage Bitcoin closely, it will be a threat. I think when they have found a solution, there is no reason for them to ban it.
it depends on each of them. I think the government will not be able to regulate the use of digital currencies, because the government will be defeated. only honesty from the people can manage it
Activity: 350
Governments may impose appropriate restrictions on the cryptocurrency turnover or, on the contrary, make them more accessible to the average man.
Activity: 420
I am also think what only one way is binding to everyone personal wallet adress.
But then we have one more issue - controlling newly generating adress
Activity: 406
The only way to regulate the crypto space is by bringing KYC in place for all centralised exchanges.Its very difficult to monitor for decentralised exchanges .The only way is that people when they withdraw to bank account ,they have to explain the source of income and pay the taxes ,thats the only way to bring the crypto space in regulation.Hope we will see the regulations fall in place in the new future as the space is expanding day by day.
Activity: 205
Merit: 1
The only way for governments to regulate cryptocurrencies through implementing a KYC procedure in every place that they are used but it is very unlikely to happen because even many exchanges are today follow a decentralized structure so making every cryptocurrencies go under regulations is closer to impossible according to my understanding but for certain extend government can make it happen
Activity: 564
Though it’s easy to see why governments would want to regulate the movement of digital currencies, the reality of doing so is much harder. A lot of wallets have no identification to them and rest on a server in a third party country. In the case of offline wallets in devices such as the Ledger Nano, they’re not connected to any network.so is it possible to regulate ?

I think so, it is very difficult to regulate by any government to its inhabitants who uses digital currencies. Actually it will fully depends on peoples honesty i think. If they think that they will do their work legally they may follow government rules as a result they both may gainer legally.

To make sure everyone is honest it is unrealistic. No one can be sure that everyone is honest. There is always greed, especially on the Internet. I think governments have banned Bitcoin for a reason. They fear that when they do not manage Bitcoin closely, it will be a threat. I think when they have found a solution, there is no reason for them to ban it.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
Rather than wanting to regulate cryptocurrency, it would be better if the Government only carried out supervision because even though in any way the cryptocurrency movement would not be able to be regulated by any of the parties whatever it was due to the decentralized system used. Supervise, is much easier than doing the rules. However, such supervision does not aim to narrow the movement of crypto to develop.
Activity: 19
although government and the bank can create a digital money own by a form of legal money But they still have disadvantages compared to third-party digital money such as Bitcoin. It is difficult to adjust.
Pages:
Jump to: