Pages:
Author

Topic: How hard is to be the anonymous owner of a website? - page 2. (Read 1222 times)

vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
I'd like to create a website with a very radical political message. It won't be unethical (encouraging violence, etc) but I feel the points I plan to list in it will definitely make me a lot of enemies.

How hard would it be to protect my identity from anyone finding out who I am? I know domains always have a $10/year option for privatizing your registration information but is there any other protection I should think about having?

It's against TOS to leave false WHOIS information, so the best way your opponents can attack you is by taking the domain down.

Always use the $10/year privacy service, then everyone cannot see you've left false information.

Then feel free to enter all fake info, and use a proxy while doing it, and whenever you update your website.

I know a dude in Kansas who used 123 Elm St. as his address when he registered his domain names (plural).
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I'd like to create a website with a very radical political message. It won't be unethical (encouraging violence, etc) but I feel the points I plan to list in it will definitely make me a lot of enemies.

How hard would it be to protect my identity from anyone finding out who I am? I know domains always have a $10/year option for privatizing your registration information but is there any other protection I should think about having?

It's against TOS to leave false WHOIS information, so the best way your opponents can attack you is by taking the domain down.

Always use the $10/year privacy service, then everyone cannot see you've left false information.

Then feel free to enter all fake info, and use a proxy while doing it, and whenever you update your website.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

Here's an idea. Try to do it has anonymous as possible, leaving Easter eggs so it looks like it stemmed from elsewhere, say some BFL exec.  Grin
Activity: 504
Merit: 501

Pages:
Jump to: