Pages:
Author

Topic: How I handle crypto regret - page 17. (Read 3444 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 299
April 11, 2018, 05:49:11 AM
I just drink untill I can't think.

(just joking)

This would have been also my answert, but as it happens I can think also when I drink, no matter how much I drink. So I have to enjoy my crypto regret in all its glory.

Lol. One thing about drinking anyway is you will still at some point get sober, come back to face the reality and still enter that world of regret if you still want to, and then, you are back to square one.

However, I have always have this mindset that regret would not change a thing as we cannot change the past but can only amend the future by learning from the things we did wrongly and that is what makes us better. At least, that will even give you an edge over others that are just starting to gain the experience afresh.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
April 11, 2018, 05:17:36 AM
I too always feel regret not on losing gains but for selling early or sometimes in a loss opportunity to buy. But that is when I realize that what I am feeling is greediness. Not being able to be satisfied on the gains I am having and the buy orders I thought was good makes me feel regret. But then this feeling of greediness makes me have wrong decisions that will often lead to losses. That is why I now always think of being satisfied in what I am having.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
April 11, 2018, 05:07:04 AM
I mostly regret for the things that I should have done more than for the things i shouldn't have done , so I'd rather to take risks , but not too much risks like gambling , at least i regret less in that way!
Since we have a chance to cash out that coin or buys another coin unlike in gambling, that we will just wait for our bet and hope to win, but sometimes there are really fun in gambling. I try to be smarter now and consistent on my study on such coin whenever I aim to just hold in allowing specific time and ranging some value if ever reached.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
April 11, 2018, 02:36:45 AM
I mostly regret for the things that I should have done more than for the things i shouldn't have done , so I'd rather to take risks , but not too much risks like gambling , at least i regret less in that way!
Activity: 700
Merit: 136
XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM
April 11, 2018, 01:09:43 AM
Regret stuff cant make it unhappend. So you can learn from your failiure. But thinking about it the whole time will not change anything on your decision. So i think in cryptotrading its important to learn that. Almost every coin i sold, i could get more profit when i sold it to another time. But thats the life. So you have to keep on goin instead of regretting everything you do. Learn from it and try it to make it better the next time, or just keep holding!
Activity: 658
Merit: 260
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 11, 2018, 01:03:25 AM
Great, I never thought people think in such deep strategies to relax themselves from the loss that they have incurred from the bitcoin investment.

I usually just ignore my losses because I have come to know that it's meaningless to cry on something which you already know could get you into trouble. Obviously this is something that's always risky, the whole crypto is standing on the virtue of belife and nothing else. It could crash at anytime so it's better to stay calm in such situation and let the time pass!
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
April 11, 2018, 12:46:18 AM
I have no regrets on my trade, I just follow my rules if it reach my target price then sell it if it reach the stop loss then sell it. That is how it should be, it does not matter if the price continue on rising you can always go back and buy again if you think the coins will still rise.

Just be logical and keep your emotions in check that is one of the formula to be a successful trader.

Activity: 309
Merit: 5
April 10, 2018, 11:37:44 PM
for a guy whose FA sucks my motto is like this if I did not put money on it, it's not for me. no regrets if I thinking like this. over thinking makes you lose more just skip it and do your strategy
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
April 10, 2018, 11:33:47 PM

(just joking)

This is actually the best strategy, nothing that a good few gallons of beer can't solve  Cheesy OP makes some really good points though, it's really important to take a step back at times and look at things from a holistic point of view, yes you could be much better off if you were god and you knew exactly what was going to happen, but you are not so you just have to do your best and if that leads to a profit then you can be very happy with that. This does not mean we should not be self critical and aim to learn and improve, it just means that it should stop short of chastising oneself.

Every individual has their own way to cope with their losses. Whether it may be by drinking beer, gambling, weeping, etc. all of us have their own unique sense of coping and if it works, then why stop? Due to our losses, it now creates this connotation wherein people should avoid doing their past mistakes that led to the failure of their investments.
Personally, I read investment books or walk on a Sunday afternoon in order to mitigate the pain caused by my failed investment strategies. Well like what they say, what does not kill you makes you stronger!

I just accept that I made a mistake, and move on. There is no point in dwelling on something that you cannot change. I accept the truth, learn from it, do better the next time. That is how you improve. If you keep regretting, you just lost time and focus, not very good in trading.

All of us need time in order to cope for our losses, especially when we're talking about large amounts of investments wasted due to negligence or being irresponsible. You may be right that everyone of us needs to move on but let time do the work in order for us to move-on completely.
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
April 10, 2018, 11:29:51 PM
Stop regretting the decision you made that turns to negative specially here in this kind of market because you cannot control this and if you just keep on thinking that way then you'd better keep yourself away from this. Yes we make bad decisions but it doesn't mean you stop from there just keep on learning and what ever decision you made don't regret it.
Learn from it, we can make a better decision next time through this, having experiences is a must to grew, I'd been regretting selling potential coins before that's whynI just do holding in the mean time.

For me it's a vise versa, I regret for holding too much to the point the value gets lesser the more I hold and there's no way to sell so I'll just wait it until then. Yes, regretting will just make you more depress so accept it and move on. The more you regret it the more you'll get miserable. So sometimes, I uninstall my blockfolio so there's nothing can remind me my losses.
Activity: 284
Merit: 112
April 10, 2018, 08:03:54 PM

(just joking)

This would have been also my answert, but as it happens I can think also when I drink, no matter how much I drink. So I have to enjoy my crypto regret in all its glory.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
February 10, 2018, 11:34:28 PM
Stop regretting the decision you made that turns to negative specially here in this kind of market because you cannot control this and if you just keep on thinking that way then you'd better keep yourself away from this. Yes we make bad decisions but it doesn't mean you stop from there just keep on learning and what ever decision you made don't regret it.
Learn from it, we can make a better decision next time through this, having experiences is a must to grew, I'd been regretting selling potential coins before that's whynI just do holding in the mean time.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
February 10, 2018, 08:31:42 PM
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
February 10, 2018, 07:58:52 PM
Don't regret if you missed to buy a coin when it was cheap. Just move on and think positively. And look for a good coin that have potential to grow. And don't hesitate to buy. When you hesitate again you will regret when the coin grow in the future.
Activity: 252
Merit: 101
Global Risk Exchange - gref.io
February 10, 2018, 07:57:52 PM
Well said OP many others should have your mindset when it comes to trading. When I began out I kept beating myself up over bad trades but now I realize that is a part of the game and nobody is perfect, hell nobody is even kinda close. As long as I make good trades, have good setups, make profit, and like you said compare yourself to the average joe in life we will be all good! Often times we look at the bottoms and tops of graphs and think man we could have 50x instead we only got 20x. How you should view it is man I got 20x, in hardly any other market in the world right now is that possible! It is all about perspective in this game Smiley.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
February 10, 2018, 07:54:56 PM
I just accept that I made a mistake, and move on. There is no point in dwelling on something that you cannot change. I accept the truth, learn from it, do better the next time. That is how you improve. If you keep regretting, you just lost time and focus, not very good in trading.
Activity: 560
Merit: 65
January 21, 2018, 04:35:42 PM
One of those I love.
It is really the contentment than will make you lose all those regrets.
Greed will make you fall. Most of the people have this kind of problem.
They want some more and what happens after a problem happens.

Definitely, the greed will always be in the way... I was thinking about it the other day, I just entered this world and I already had two coins that I sold very early. Of course, I made a profit, the two I received from airdrop, then everything is profit, but one of them has already valued 4 times and another 8x... I believe it is as the friend said, not having as much ambition, after all, I won anyway. IMO, it's worse not to sell and then lose everything.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
January 21, 2018, 04:01:43 PM
Regret is the more useless emotion that you can feel, not only in trading but in any aspect of your life: you can suffer and blame yourself, but this won't change the past.
I know it can sound as a new age cliche, but really "life is now": so, use your past for what you can learn from it, and act now.
(or in the future you'll regret that you didn't....)
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
January 21, 2018, 04:01:22 PM
I believe that rather than regretting my past decisions, I try to learn from my mistakes I made and look for ways to improve, and then I start all over again looking for new opportunities. I also try to be less emotional when making decisions, for instance, not giving in to FOMO or hype.
Being rational when making decisions is always important, especially in the crypto market, so you have to know the risks of every action you make beforehand, with this mindset you'll be prepared to face the consequences.
Also, the cryptocurrency market always presents you countless of opportunities every day, so we shouldn't overthink too much about why I didn't do this or that.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
January 21, 2018, 03:58:48 PM
We all passed from that situation, since we all are on the same bussiness at the moment.

I was holding Tron at $0,02 each, and i sold them all at $0,08 (during the first increase) because i thought that made a huge profit from that.

Do you have any idea of how i regret about that? since one week later it touched $0,26.
Pages:
Jump to: