Pages:
Author

Topic: How I handle crypto regret - page 7. (Read 3447 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
July 30, 2018, 09:16:25 AM
The regret here is that you have made a profit but because of the price they have increased and you regret it, this means you are too greedy, have not set a clear goal, if you have no goal you will fail , learn to forget, and accept with the present.
Activity: 24
July 29, 2018, 11:41:04 PM
Just remember, when you made a decision and once you confirm to buy, then nothing can turn back coz it becomes a history, no matter you are in profit or loss.
So think twice and consider every action you make. Or you can just hodl a long time ago, and wait it become valuable.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
July 29, 2018, 12:06:04 PM
Most people in crypto had the biggest regret of their life. A lot of us hope that we had invested in crypto when it was really cheap. Just do not think over it a lot of time and keep in mind that a better opportunity will come. Crypto is just starting and it will get better in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
July 29, 2018, 11:55:23 AM
Thank you for this wonderful post. I have had to live with the biggest regret of my life, not selling off my altcoins back in January when they would have been life-changing for me at that time and now am down to almost a big whopping phat 0. The only comfort I have now is that I am still alive and as I started from 0, I might still have a chance to make it big holding one or two decent coins, maybe not this year, but in a few years down the road. I cling on to hope now for dear life but I still don't know if I am making any big mistakes but if my holdings do ever go up in a bull run, what little holdings I have left, I will certainly unload this time around, if I get that chance that is.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
July 29, 2018, 11:34:24 AM
That is why I do not regret anymore. I take a small pause after the fall, and then I am going on ahead further. The mistakes that were done...I am trying not to repeat them at all. It works as I see.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
July 25, 2018, 09:28:12 PM
Regret is an inevitable state of mind in crypto at one point or another:-

why didn't I buy that coin when it was $0.50?
why did I sell this coin early?
why didn't I take profits on the way up, only to see the value fall 50% in a market crash? (a lot of us in the last crash!)
why didn't I buy the dip?
why did I FOMO and buy at the ATH and now I'm holding an unrealised loss?
why didn't I buy more of this coin?
We're all going to make "mistakes" that lead to a feeling of regret and self-admonishment.

I have a couple of strategies here to help me dampen the feeling of regret.

1. I have to realise that regret is largely based on a "maximalist"/perfectionist mindset, which is both unrealistic and unhealthy. We are attached to the notion of maximising profits. But what would that involve? It would involve being the perfect, machine-like investor. Always buying low, selling at an ATH, taking profits at the perfect time. It's an impossible standard to live up to.

If I make a profit, I compare my profits to the stock market. If you do THAT, realise you're likely "killing it" even with a "modest" 100% gain (it's ridiculous even to put "modest" here). If you can make a 10% gain a YEAR in the stock market, that's considered a success.

Also realise that the maximalist attitude is largely shaped around only hearing one side of the story of other people's trades. People boast when they're winning, and they're quiet when they're losing. Therefore, you can start to think that everyone's doing incredibly well.

2. I can only compare myself to the other me who didn't get into cryptos at all. That's your baseline to compare to. There really is no other baseline. It's damaging and outright delusional to compare yourself to the "perfect you" that always bought at the exact bottom and sold at the exact top. That you does not exist. It's a damaging fantasy that always leads to you beating yourself up about not making the most optimal decision at each and every turn. Cryptos can quickly lose its fun if you think along those lines.

Are you in profit (as in cashed out your initial investment + profits in fiat)? Then you're winning - you're doing better than the other you that didn't bother with cryptos. Congratulations. You should extinguish any regret, and actually feel contentment at your achievement. Forget the "what ifs?" - you made a decision that has made you better off financially and you've learned a fair amount along the way.

Are you holding an unrealised loss? Then know that it's unrealised and while that can be stressful, you're doing well to hold on and you can be proud that you haven't sold yet. It won't fix the regret so easily, but you have the hope your unrealised loss can turn into a realised profit.

Are you actually making a realised loss in cryptos? Of course, this is the hardest situation of all. All you can do is see it as a lesson you paid for. Nothing is without value, and you will have learned something along the way. You gave something a try, and financially it didn't work out. You may not be out of the game, so you could be in profit in a few days or weeks' time. Or maybe you've just had enough. Fair play. Know that you're actually in a big group of people. Lots of people have faced your situation and come out the other side OK. I lost a fair amount of money in Forex a few years ago. I felt crap for a while, then I stopped feeling crap. Luckily, life moves on. Actually, without that experience with Forex, I doubt I would have found any interest in cryptos - and I have profited from cryptos much more than my Forex losses - so there is that. Plus, cryptos are a LOT more fun than Forex.

I know that everything above is purely based on financial regret, and the counterargument is that "there's more to cryptos than just making a profit" - but when it comes to regret, it's almost always about money.
For me, how will i handle it. It is just a matter of accepting failure that molds us to be strong and be more wiser in dealing things in the crypto world. Embrace the volatility and the risky market for it makes us successful investor.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
July 25, 2018, 07:52:38 PM
I handle my cryptocurency regret as a strength, yeah sound weird but I used it as an advantage because I learned how to deal with my past mistakes that I have done to able to be a better person.
Activity: 116
July 23, 2018, 03:59:06 PM
such a story! I can't wait for upcoming ICO so many projects to invest in. Here is one example - Kelvin Blockchain, hope this will come soon, the idea, team every part of this is very interesting Wink
Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
July 23, 2018, 09:42:32 AM
Its normal, personally I am still blaming my self for not buying Bitcoin while below $1. Now its $7k. But you know what. If BTC is already on its 4 digit value. You still have a chance in high marketcap low priced coins like XRP, XLM, ADA.. etc.. They are good alternatives of Bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
July 23, 2018, 09:40:07 AM
do not be too attention on the error that you are Made but you ought to attention the way to Made that mistake as a lesson. Made a mistake is everyday due to the fact we're human. in case you sense remorse about it, you need to be able to improve your talent and information, so that you can keep away from to make the identical mistake.
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
July 23, 2018, 07:48:51 AM
When you start on trading cryptocurrency, you will have many regret but you must know when have stop. Although you regret but that is a suitable thing because its value is not an absolute.
Activity: 854
Merit: 264
Crypto is not a religion but i like it
July 23, 2018, 07:46:10 AM
I just drink untill I can't think.
(just joking)
Ha-hha Smiley Very funny. As for me usually I am setting myself on the possibility of loss, so I am basically preparing myself that I will be losing money and it is eventually easier to handle in the case.
Activity: 168
July 23, 2018, 02:35:56 AM
If there is a crypto deal I will calm down and wait for the miraculous things to come I will make up for myself many plans and step by step implementing my plans and I will buy those coin has the potential
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
July 23, 2018, 02:07:33 AM
Regret is an inevitable state of mind in crypto at one point or another:-

Hence, turn that regret into motivation, to
not do the same mistake. "mistakes are the
best teaches"
Activity: 182
July 23, 2018, 02:06:04 AM
I really like this article/tip you posted. This is clearly how to avoid regrets. Do not get emotional on any trade. When am in a trade and I make a decent profit, I sell and move on a d I do not ever check the price any longer. Even if I check the price and I found out that its higher, I do not have regrets about it.
Activity: 630
Merit: 20
July 22, 2018, 11:08:08 PM
Regret feeling is always on my side whenever I am losing or whenever it didn't hit my desire profit. But then, calming, relaxing, diverting attentions and console self are some ways to remove my regrets and start again to boost my confidence.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
July 22, 2018, 04:39:16 PM
I an't agree more. People want more and more and they are never satisfied with what they have earned. Even after making decent profit people have the regret of selling early, why don't they understand by holding for more time you are throwing yourself under more risk. You can only trade according to the risk you can handle and people usually short profit when they are done with their risk taking potential.

Try to be happy with what all profit you have shorted of cryptocurrencies and never worry that you entered late, there are billions of people out there who don't even know cryptocurrencies exist.
I want to correct your answer a little. The fact is that many people do not even have 1% of the opportunity with you to easily earn their financial well-being. Crypto currency is practical as a fantastic opportunity for our community, but not everyone can cope with their desires and therefore make big mistakes.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
July 22, 2018, 12:46:33 PM
I an't agree more. People want more and more and they are never satisfied with what they have earned. Even after making decent profit people have the regret of selling early, why don't they understand by holding for more time you are throwing yourself under more risk. You can only trade according to the risk you can handle and people usually short profit when they are done with their risk taking potential.

Try to be happy with what all profit you have shorted of cryptocurrencies and never worry that you entered late, there are billions of people out there who don't even know cryptocurrencies exist.
Activity: 462
Merit: 112
July 22, 2018, 12:42:26 PM
For me I handle cryptocurency regret in a way that I’m think this as a lesson that god give to me to be a better person someday and lesson to be learned as a investors in this business and industry.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
June 12, 2018, 06:47:18 PM
you should not be too regretful, take advantage of the existing situation, when the cheap price always try to buy coin and sell when the price is green and when it is getting the benefits and better you control your patience.
You can handle crypto regret by not repeating the mistakes you made in past. Keep looking at the market condition and start modifying your plan to stay safe. Keep the investment long term and stay optimistic by which I mean to say do not panic. You will be able to kill the crypto regret when you earn again big with your mental capabilities and market knowledge by playing the same crypto game.

Guys forget about the past. Past is dead. Try to concentrate on the future and this will make you concentrate on your future transactions. You need to learn from the past lessons. Then you will be more responsible in your exchange transactions.
Your post is a little contradictory, at first you say that you should forget about the past and then you say you need to learn from it, which is it? To me it is simple we need to learn form the past, it is not easy but it needs to be done if you want to avoid making the same mistakes in the future, especially in this market since a single mistake can become incredibly costly.
Pages:
Jump to: