Pages:
Author

Topic: how I was deceived by the selling bitcoin - page 2. (Read 619 times)

Activity: 549
Merit: 259
Blockchain with solar energy
You should count yourself lucky as you hit a thief. One of people from my hometown was basically taken as hostage and killed to steal his bitcoins (not kidding) Police caught murderers after. (Country: Turkey)
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
Financial fraud is the most common crime. You need to be careful and never trust anyone, although this practice does not help from hackers. But in this case you are to blame.
Financial practice in cryptocurrency is very risky and full of fraud indeed we ourselves must be careful in making decisions. as you say a lot of hackers are lurking
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
Financial fraud is the most common crime. You need to be careful and never trust anyone, although this practice does not help from hackers. But in this case you are to blame.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
Never selling in private meetings. To me it's better to pay commissions than to risk all my money or even my own health. Greed is bad after all.

Yeah, specially if its a huge amount of bitcoin better to have some escrow since this world of cryotcurrency is full of scam. Cryptocurrency are making big impacts now on the market and this means that a lot of people want to own this thing even in a wrong way, be careful and protect the money you work for before its too late.
Activity: 980
Merit: 509
Lose in trading is normal, just be positive thinking in the future can get more profit. Just keep do invest in trading.
In trading we must patience and invest for long term is better. If the money not be a problem also. Great learn is from our experiences.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Good afternoon evening night)
I want to say when I lose something that I still try to believe that I still got something.... and it is an experience and it is priceless)))
Ah so here is the situation the next.. on one site announcements I uploaded the Intel that will sell 1.5 bitcoin without commissions )
Two days later, the message arrived in the mail... with a request to meet ...in anticipation of the meeting I took the flash drive with the keys and went to coffee in our city...
The meeting with the buyer was simple.. nothing complicated stick lying in the pocket of his jacket ... I went to the bathroom for 3 minutes....
come he says well, let's see your chops... well, I'm like come on... eventually... my flash drive was empty.... as Huh AS I can not understand... is within 3 minutes, really all to bear with the stick to remove and hit the road... I wanted to see the cameras later... but the cameras aren't shooting at that place... more shortly... sell everything in your network from the comfort of home )
Maybe someone will help... And if there are people in the know explain how they pulled it off...

That's good of your very positive attitude in every lose trade we had here there are always things we've learn in result that we are not totally lose on that trade. Well in your case that happen it is really hard to give advise on that I suggest next time you will sell some Bitcoin of yours maybe you should sell it in friend of yours.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
incidents of this kind provide a great lesson because a small mistake can make a very big problem. to say you are too careless to leave valuable assets such as yours. If you want the reports to the police I think police also will not be able to help much because it's a question about crypto, but can at least help for you still have the email at least his identity.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
We are now at the age of massive stealers around. Your experience wasn't pleasant. Be more careful next time by doing some appointments to someone that you don't know his ability regarding new high technologies technique. Next time don't leave your flash drive unattended even in the circle of your friend.
Activity: 42
thank you all for the advice...
Activity: 742
Merit: 10
Aww!don't trust to stranger, as this is your first meeting and you know your dealing him with something. next time don't leave your things again
Activity: 182
Blockchain Identity Verification
I know that there are devices that can completely transfer all information from your gadget to yourself!But I do not know if it's possible to do this with Ledger!In general,it is better to buy a crypto currency from the tested sellers!
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
WTF were you thinking?

There is GDAX or Coinbase for this very purpose.  Unless you really know the person you are dealing with, trying to save on transaction fee (and/or tax) by doing this risky deal is dumb (sorry).
Yes the only reason to do something like this will be if you want to preserve your anonymity but if you are going to do that you better bring company that way they are going to think twice before stealing from you. But if anonymity is not really a factor then you should always use an exchange it is more practical and you do not risk losing your coins in that way.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company
Sorry to.hear your loss but there is a saying that mistakes are the prices we pay for knowledge,now you know how deadly people can be and so such a mistake hopefully won't be repeated again.Karma however is still a bitch so don't worry at all,you will recover your losses
Activity: 980
Merit: 114
I just pray some one will come up with more help here and you can really recover your bitcoin. However, like you have said at list you have learned something and not only you some of us has learned something priceless though you are the one that pay the price.
Activity: 364
Merit: 255
Never selling in private meetings. To me it's better to pay commissions than to risk all my money or even my own health. Greed is bad after all.
Activity: 126
You should not have done this, it was worthwhile before such a transaction to consult someone or read it here
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Good afternoon evening night)
I want to say when I lose something that I still try to believe that I still got something.... and it is an experience and it is priceless)))
Ah so here is the situation the next.. on one site announcements I uploaded the Intel that will sell 1.5 bitcoin without commissions )
Two days later, the message arrived in the mail... with a request to meet ...in anticipation of the meeting I took the flash drive with the keys and went to coffee in our city...
The meeting with the buyer was simple.. nothing complicated stick lying in the pocket of his jacket ... I went to the bathroom for 3 minutes....
come he says well, let's see your chops... well, I'm like come on... eventually... my flash drive was empty.... as Huh AS I can not understand... is within 3 minutes, really all to bear with the stick to remove and hit the road... I wanted to see the cameras later... but the cameras aren't shooting at that place... more shortly... sell everything in your network from the comfort of home )
Maybe someone will help... And if there are people in the know explain how they pulled it off...

This is shit off topic nothing related to bitcoin or altcoin related discussion at all. There is separate for the guys like who really do the spam thread which not relevant to here. Go to "OFFTOPIC" child board.
Please do not use this section to do this. I suggest to lock this thread to go with the unnecessary chat on the wrong section.
Activity: 42
Well he still stole something from you. You should contact the police!!
the police can't solve anything...unfortunately this is the case

I guess I don't fully understand what happened or how you lost the flash drive. You gave it to him and then went to the bathroom? Then he gave it back after and it was empty?

There is nothing really to add here that someone else hasn't already said.

Essentially, you're crazy if you go try to sell crypto to a complete stranger. Then leave said stranger with a flash drive containing your btc while you go to the bathroom.

This all seems like common sense. I do feel bad for you though.

I never gave it, a usb drive was in the jacket. I went to the bathroom. when he returned and we started to check the contents it was empty
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
Well he still stole something from you. You should contact the police!!
Activity: 266
I guess I don't fully understand what happened or how you lost the flash drive. You gave it to him and then went to the bathroom? Then he gave it back after and it was empty?

There is nothing really to add here that someone else hasn't already said.

Essentially, you're crazy if you go try to sell crypto to a complete stranger. Then leave said stranger with a flash drive containing your btc while you go to the bathroom.

This all seems like common sense. I do feel bad for you though.
Pages:
Jump to: