Pages:
Author

Topic: How, in the end, do you think the world will end? - page 6. (Read 3817 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I suspect nuclear war is most likely to take place.  Don't think it will be the end but the beginning of a new chapter.

It's unlikely nukes will wipe out the entire planet.
At the moment yes, since there is not really anyone ready to push the button (not even DPRK).
But if there would be a nuclear war big areas would become totally devastated and also become uninhabitable for a very long time. Then many more would probably die in the atomic winter that could occur as well.

Countries might be destroyed or become inhabitable but it's unlikely the planet will.
Not in the essence that the planet will turn to dust no, but it could very well end life on this planet as we know it. Atomic bombs can cause really heavy damage you know, and atomic dust can contaminate places unaffected by the explosion itself as well. It could also cause an atomic winter, which would be really devastating to the people that has survived the war.

How big do the nukes have to be for nuclear winter?

Probably have to be many released all over the world.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
I suspect nuclear war is most likely to take place.  Don't think it will be the end but the beginning of a new chapter.

At the moment yes, since there is not really anyone ready to push the button (not even DPRK).
But if there would be a nuclear war big areas would become totally devastated and also become uninhabitable for a very long time. Then many more would probably die in the atomic winter that could occur as well.

Countries might be destroyed or become inhabitable but it's unlikely the planet will.
Not in the essence that the planet will turn to dust no, but it could very well end life on this planet as we know it. Atomic bombs can cause really heavy damage you know, and atomic dust can contaminate places unaffected by the explosion itself as well. It could also cause an atomic winter, which would be really devastating to the people that has survived the war.

How big do the nukes have to be for nuclear winter?
Activity: 294

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
In my opinion, the world will end with a previously unknown epidemic, spread by some newly discovered air-borne virus. Remember, Ebola was discovered only in 1976. A lot more unknown viruses might be existing in the remote an inaccessible forests of Amazonia and Central Africa.
Why would the viruses evolve where there are almost no people? Doesn't it usually evolve where there are to many of a specie?
When a 51% attack occurs on the blockchain, 100 years from now.

lol if that will never happen.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
the one that is most likely (though still not that likely) everyone seems to be missing. namely artificial intelligence may simply out compete us. not really a disaster though. it would just be replacing inferior intelligence with superior intelligence. on net a good thing but it would still mean the extinction of our species.
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
When a 51% attack occurs on the blockchain, 100 years from now.
Activity: 756
the world will never end only the human life has its end
if there is a doomsday then we will not probably see it as we dont know what will happen to us the next day

I think there's a lot of physicists who will disagree with you there. The universe will most likely collapse at some point but the sun will've burned out long before that happens..
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
if there is a doomsday then we will not probably see it as we dont know what will happen to us the next day

Of course it will end.
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!

The planet will surely end.  Nothing lasts forever or that is my belief based on what I've learned throughout my life anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
In my opinion, the world will end with a previously unknown epidemic, spread by some newly discovered air-borne virus. Remember, Ebola was discovered only in 1976. A lot more unknown viruses might be existing in the remote an inaccessible forests of Amazonia and Central Africa.
Activity: 705
Something catastrophic, unavoidable, like a big ass meteorite.
Like the one who obscured the sun for years and caused the extincion of 96% of the lifeforms (including dinosaurs), starting a new iceage.
Activity: 350
Modern human civilization as we know it. I don't think we'll last nearly long enough to be snuffed out by the sun.........
Activity: 350
Would that end Earth? Once the sun retracts, wouldn't the Earth just be a smaller, charred rock, assuming it could keep something resembling an orbit. The people of Madagascar will repopulate the planet,,,,,,,,,,,,......
Activity: 266
if you want something do something!!!
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Maybe someone will forget to turn off the water in the bathtub and bubbles will claim the world!
Pages:
Jump to: