Pages:
Author

Topic: How is activity calculated?? - page 2. (Read 1484 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 29, 2015, 12:22:17 PM
if you make a newbie account and make 30 posts then your activity will 14 and then you don't come online for 1 month and later when you login and make another post after 1 month your activity will increase by 14(total 28)
activity is calculated using your posts made in any 14days timeframe,you get 14 activity for this but if you are online always but don't make posts then activity don't increase
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
January 29, 2015, 12:21:10 PM
in simple language 14 days = 14 activity or

14 post in 1 day = 14 activity

after 14 days post again to increase activity
Yes i know that
To clarify , if i make a newbie account and post 14 times , my activity will be 14 and if i login again after 14 days and post 14 times asap , my activity will again increase
But what if i made account and did 50 posts , i will be at 14 activity but then i do not come for a month , so will i miss that 28 activity or will i get it ?
as I said above Activity don't get calculated if you are offline .

"To clarify , if i make a newbie account and post 14 times , my activity will be 14 and if i login again after 14 days and post 14 times asap , my activity will again increase " => Correct 

"But what if i made account and did 50 posts , i will be at 14 activity but then i do not come for a month , so will i miss that 28 activity or will i get it ?" => You won't miss it , well you will sort of .. but you will get 28 Activity on the next time you login to the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
January 29, 2015, 12:17:01 PM

Yes i know that
To clarify , if i make a newbie account and post 14 times , my activity will be 14 and if i login again after 14 days and post 14 times asap , my activity will again increase
But what if i made account and did 50 posts , i will be at 14 activity but then i do not come for a month , so will i miss that 28 activity or will i get it ?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
January 29, 2015, 12:15:14 PM
I know it's like this as Said by theymos
The way activity is calculated:
The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Activity is updated every hour.

But in simple words i think it means 14 activity in 14 days
But let us suppose a person stays offline for 2-3 months but his post count is more , so will his Activity rise even if he doesn't come online or post [I know that's completely irrelevant since it depends on time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration) but just clearing things..
Also what if suppose a person have 500 activity and 500 posts and he hasn't posted since a year
How will activity work then ?
Am asking this because i see someone's (who was idle for long time ) activity rise more than 14 within a day after his posts.[Don't ask who]

Yes It does mean what you just said 14 Activity in 14 days , if you post 14 times in one day your activity will rise by 14 but the rest of the days it won't . until the 2 new weeks come again . If a user didn't came online then the Activity won't change at all .
Activity cannot be more then posts in any case , if a post was deleted your Activity decrease with it .
as you can see here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/til-activity-does-not-work-on-precisely-2-week-intervals-interval-timings-582736 (each 2 weeks Tuesday there is Activity reset)
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 29, 2015, 12:12:13 PM

legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
January 29, 2015, 12:08:43 PM
I know it's like this as Said by theymos
The way activity is calculated:
The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Activity is updated every hour.

But in simple words i think it means 14 activity in 14 days
But let us suppose a person stays offline for 2-3 months but his post count is more , so will his Activity rise even if he doesn't come online or post [I know that's completely irrelevant since it depends on time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration) but just clearing things..
Also what if suppose a person have 500 activity and 500 posts and he hasn't posted since a year
How will activity work then ?
Am asking this because i see someone's (who was idle for long time ) activity rise more than 14 within a day after his posts.[Don't ask who]
Pages:
Jump to: