Pages:
Author

Topic: How is trading *not* gambling? - page 2. (Read 23340 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
September 07, 2018, 12:38:40 AM
This question sounds too random. If you have signed up to this group yourself, most likely you know the answer. Trading is a business, an income source if you know how to use it. While gambling is a way to pass your fee time

Yeah everyone knows that, but many people who do not have any capital such as knowledge and experience about trading crypto then they try luck in trading, of course they have a big possibility of losing and that will only be the same as gambling right?
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
September 06, 2018, 11:23:30 PM
Trading is not gambling. Its similar to some forms of wagering like betting on horse racing or poker.
Gambling is a game for entertainment and trading is business, experience , investment..
Activity: 8
September 06, 2018, 10:44:26 PM
In gambling you have little to no influence in the outcome. In crypto you have influence over price via FUD and Hype.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
September 06, 2018, 10:19:53 PM
Of course this trading is not gambling, my trading only buys coins and after that can have no loss if you don't sell it at a very cheap price then they will not lose and I press trading cryptocurrency instead of gambling.
Activity: 552
Merit: 102
September 06, 2018, 12:52:06 PM
Your question is not clear though. Trading and Gambling is different thing.  Both are too risky. Betting is more risky than Trading. You can earn a lot from trading if try hard to gain with your strategy. Betting is too risky you never know you will have money or not.  So its all about simply Trading and Betting.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
September 06, 2018, 11:03:49 AM
This question sounds too random. If you have signed up to this group yourself, most likely you know the answer. Trading is a business, an income source if you know how to use it. While gambling is a way to pass your fee time
Activity: 31
Merit: 12
September 06, 2018, 10:39:08 AM
Overall it is difficult to distinguish the two, but, as we know, there are fundamental differences between the two, trade involves all aspects rather than just expecting profit in gambling.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
September 06, 2018, 09:18:55 AM
In my opinion, in trading, we will not lose all the money we have if we predict prices correctly. In addition, it will not disappear if we wait, because maybe the price will go up differently from gambling, because if we predict wrongly. Trading is different from gambling because they are based on real business, real people, real coins, which we must have before we trade. Gambling only invests in many things that can give us gifts, profits.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
September 06, 2018, 06:26:01 AM
How different is trading from just gambling? I know there seems to be a  big difference with technical analysis and whatnot, but in the end aren't you just betting on something completely random?
Yes trading is very much different from gambling. The only thing common is uncertainty. In gambling, a person trades on his luck only. In trading also, there is a luck factor but it is not the only factor. A person needs to have a lot of knowledge about the market. He has to make predictions about the market which is based on technical charts and analysis. So lot of technical work is there which makes trading more difficult than gambling.
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
September 05, 2018, 11:01:55 PM
I think it doesn’t matter gambling or trading... you can name it however you wish.

There is a science behind it....

You must study hard and practice harder
Activity: 71
September 05, 2018, 10:42:19 PM
Trading without any proper indicators or knowledge is gambling but trading in core has a completely different meaning and anyone calling trading as gambling is a noob. Because if you see guys who are the richest in the world then you would find that many of them are traders while none is a gambler.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 05, 2018, 08:51:16 PM
In trading we have possibility to make monthly consistent profit by use risk management and trading plan,  but in gambling is not possible to make it. There are many trader can changed their life and reached financial freedom but no one gambler can make it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
September 05, 2018, 07:30:44 PM
How different is trading from just gambling? I know there seems to be a  big difference with technical analysis and whatnot, but in the end aren't you just betting on something completely random?
Trading and Gambling are different things. For me gambling is a game that is inappropriate for us to do, gambling only makes destruction for the future that we will achieve. 100 percent of the gambling game is very influential on a fortune. As for me, Trading requires 20 percent luck and 80 percent depends on the capabilities and knowledge we have. Trading is a job that is far more certain and there are differences in quality compared to Gambling !! Avoid gambling games and we will get a bright future !!
Activity: 505
Merit: 35
September 05, 2018, 07:20:56 PM
Simply, trading is 50/50 chance of gain or loss while gambling is 40/60 chance of loss. Meaning to say, we risk in this two but trading is more real that we gain than gambling. On other way, gambling is more profitable once you win and it does not anymore needs to study the market movement. Trading is only for people who can analyze the market and those who have capital. Because if you do not have knowledge in market, you will loss by your emotions.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
September 05, 2018, 07:08:02 PM
Most people comparing this because both involve risk but in trading if you have a good choice on what coin you will be buying you can avoid risk.
I almost agree and understand that trading risks are similar to gambling.
there is an aspect of luck in trading, and this is the part that is the reason trading is equated with gambling.
however trading is different from gambling, trading combines correct analysis and theory.
copper member
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
September 05, 2018, 01:57:58 PM
it's no longer the identical, even thou it looks like that and feels like that in many moment's. I recognize why people consider them the identical, people often relay on success in trading and gambling, and for them there is not anything extra then that. Like a passionate gambler I suppose everything is of venture, but video games are extraordinary and that is what make the difference, and each sport have a special technique, specific policies.
Activity: 490
Merit: 12
September 05, 2018, 01:56:26 PM
As a forex trader trading is quite different from gambling and needs a lot of tutorial and training so as to able to make profits consistently with a lower risk unlike gambling which is highly risky and is a game of 50:50 and the chances of losing all your investment at a go is certain where as in trading you will learn money management.
Activity: 112
September 05, 2018, 12:45:56 PM
The difference of a trading and gambling. But both of this is good. Trading is an investment that you want your money back with a high profit and value, and you put your money for the investment and more trade you want.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
September 05, 2018, 10:31:55 AM
Gambling is an entertainment that can make the user addicted on it, its like you are giving your money without assurance. But in trading you can invest and earn profit but then you need gambling too there.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
September 05, 2018, 10:28:09 AM
Most people comparing this because both involve risk but in trading if you have a good choice on what coin you will be buying you can avoid risk.

It is indeed similar to gambling

You have a bet, and a reward

What makes them differ is that gambling only rely on lucks and percentage of winning is lesser than the gambling operators

Trading has analysis and market references, so winning is much higher and also has a risk management

Pages:
Jump to: