Pages:
Author

Topic: How long can BTC-E Stay in Business as a black market company? - page 4. (Read 4295 times)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
They are from Soviet Russia.

And if they could improve their security with yubikey, allow special character in password and their graph, they would be even more popular than Gox
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
I won't trade on a regulated exchange.

All the tools necessary to operate outside of any government's reach are already out there.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
FlutterCoin Developer
Its simple... in Soviet Russia you don't license Gox, Gox license you.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Now that the US is going after Gox for not being a properly licenses money services business, I wonder how long BTC-E can stay in business. Contrary to popular belief BTC-E is in Bulgaria not Russia- and Bulgaria isn't as likely as Russia to stand up to external pressure from the US government.

Also Bulgaria will be just as likely as the US to eventually go after an unlicensed (and it is, as far as we know, unlicensed) exchange. Bulgaria has many greater European integration ambitions so they will be keen to adhere to rules and regulations.

Does anyone know if BTC-E intends to come aboveboard and become a legally licensed exchange? I know the fun is in it being 'black market' but these days it should be obvious to all that can't last forever. They do deal in Fiat USD and Fiat EUR after all.
Pages:
Jump to: