Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoin parabolic rise and bubble crash have you been through? 1, 2, 3? - page 2. (Read 5147 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
All of them.

Been dollar cost averaging since $2.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Four if we are counting August 2012.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I got my first bitcoins after the 2011 bubble/crash. I actually didn't know there was a bubble in 2011 until some time later.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
nah these last two are baby crashes. the slow painful slide down from 17 was the real bitch. slowly sucking hope from the bravest Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
First time for me.
It hurts.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Two here since I've actually had any.

It only hurts the first time!

+1
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
All, (in since $1) and it always feels easier on the down leg than the up.

On the down the plan is simple - hold tight.

On the up the plan is less simple (sell tiny bits to lock in a bit of fiat gain in case it all goes wrong), but the excitement of a rising market creates emotions that make you question whether your plan is optimal because you know the correction is coming and you want to have taken advantage of the run up...

I agree, when the price is going up I am useless. All sorts of questions and unknowns, at X$/BTC how does that affect my life, job decisions, mortgage payoff, etc...

After all of this crazyness I have stopped thinking about it. I am just keeping my BTC in my wallet and not worrying about it until after the new year.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Since $1.... I don't know how you define bubbles, but there has been a lot of action.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Two here since I've actually had any.

It only hurts the first time!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
i count 15.5 to 7 as #4 for me.

+1

I wasn't around for June 2011, however, so I'm at 3.

I consider bitcoin the compact immersion training course for market psychology yet!

+1
N12
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

each time i think its going to fly away  Cheesy
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
I'm sure in time there will be plenty who look at those that bought in the hundreds and wish they had that kind of opportunity Smiley

This. I keep telling this to friends who lament not getting into BTC when it was ___ price that was cheaper. They keep not buying.

They will never buy. Especially when the price is now higher than they could buy first. I thinking the same way  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
4, by the way you guys are counting.
Activity: 260
Merit: 251
I'm sure in time there will be plenty who look at those that bought in the hundreds and wish they had that kind of opportunity Smiley

This. I keep telling this to friends who lament not getting into BTC when it was ___ price that was cheaper. They keep not buying.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
You guys realize you are just making everybody else jealous, right?  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
You guys realize you are just making everybody else jealous, right?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
All, (in since $1) and it always feels easier on the down leg than the up.

On the down the plan is simple - hold tight.

On the up the plan is less simple (sell tiny bits to lock in a bit of fiat gain in case it all goes wrong), but the excitement of a rising market creates emotions that make you question whether your plan is optimal because you know the correction is coming and you want to have taken advantage of the run up...
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
I bought as it was coming down in June 2011 at $17.
Same here, at $19, and then some more in February 2013 when things started ramping up again. Then April 2013 devoured me - I had everything in coins when the peak came, I was there to see the peak actually happen, yet I couldn't trade anything because Bitcoin-24x crashed and then immediately got locked down by investigations related to money laundering. By the time I got my coins back I was left to trade on the final zigzags after the crash and ended up losing even more. *bangs head against wall* That's when the moment of truth came: GTFO or discipline myself to trade only on large-scale and long-term evolutions.

In October I recovered all my losses and I currently have more than 2x the fiat I put in.
Activity: 219
Merit: 106
Seen em all... and if I'd done the exact opposite of what I actually did each time I would be extremely wealthy by now  Cry
Pages:
Jump to: