Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoin parabolic rise and bubble crash have you been through? 1, 2, 3? - page 3. (Read 5147 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
It's just so fucking character building everytime.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader
Only april and this one.

I regard them as crash-courses (heh) in finance. In the first one, I bought all the way up (also sold according to schedule) which meant I was under the water several days. It was PAINFUL, I couldn't get myself to ride it like all the wiser people here adviced. Plus, the April crash happened along the week previous to my final project presentation, which made me all the more anxious. By the time the July capitulation arrived I was already desensitized. Now? I trade like a boss, and am well in EUR profit anyway.

But I never forget. When my friends showed interest in buying last month (they had heard about Silk Road bust, I had told them about bitcoin in March lol) the first thing I did was play the April crash time-lapse video for them, lest they suffer like I did.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I bought as it was coming down in June 2011 at $17.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Possibilities are limitless
I've been following BTC since April 2010.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
I consider bitcoin the compact immersion training course for market psychology yet!

Yep I think all commodity traders should get on here; the only place where you can go through all phases of the market in one year Smiley

As for the topic, all of them. Would not miss any, the adrenaline is what makes bitcoin so special (besides being the currency of the future yadda yadda).
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
i count 15.5 to 7 as #4 for me.

Aye, she was my first, and she got me good! She took 90% of my coins, but she taught me to stay strong through 2013.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
you should have added a poll, would be interesting Smiley

I saw the 2 recent "bubbles": april and the current one.
Activity: 260
Merit: 251
The Architect from Matrix Reloaded had words about this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdKlWXyUkc&t=2m4s

tl;dw: I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next. In which case, this is the sixth version.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
All 4 mentioned here.

But weren't there several huge ramps followed by 50%+ drops before June 2011? Those would be before my time.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
All 4... always painful, until the next one. Still holding on tight.

(although #1 was with a ton of BTC on my hard drive that I had completely forgotten about)
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 4562
You're never too old to think young.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
i count 15.5 to 7 as #4 for me.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
i have been through all 3 - first one in june 2011, second one in march this year, third one just now.

never sold any, only bought more.

how about you?
Pages:
Jump to: