Pages:
Author

Topic: How Many Bitcoiners are Mentally Ill? - page 2. (Read 8747 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
February 17, 2015, 02:50:30 PM
Why are people still posting in a thread that was created by a known troll? Check out his previous posts.
We should not be acknowledging him or his accusations. He is king troll.

The thread is among the good ones. Every time we post good stuff to it, the OP is further embarrassed. Out of bad intentions, a wonderful triumph has come!
Do you still believe in 1mm per coin?
aint that mentally ill?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 17, 2015, 02:46:21 PM
Why are people still posting in a thread that was created by a known troll? Check out his previous posts.

The thread is among the good ones. Every time we post good stuff to it, the OP is further embarrassed. Out of bad intentions, a wonderful triumph has come!
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
February 17, 2015, 02:38:16 PM
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
February 17, 2015, 02:29:29 PM
People will be forced to learn about bitcoin if they dont want to be left behind and out of the loop.

I am going to hope that isn't the case.

There are many of us that are trying hard so that no one is required to learn anything about bitcoin if they don't want to and nevertheless depend upon it daily regardless. This is akin to your grandmother watching cat memes on youtube and not knowing anything about HTML5/CSS/Javascript/TCP/IP/Flash which all make it possible for her to do so.

Bitcoin will truly succeed when even people that hate it for political/philosophical reasons end up using it daily without even knowing they are doing so.
Activity: 700
February 17, 2015, 02:21:47 PM
If we were to get diagnosed with anything, it would be higher intelligence than the average 'sheep'.

lol. And then they'd probably 'diagnose' you as a conspiracy theorist or something. Seen it happen many times.
I wouldn't mind. Why do the authorities then wonder when some people snap and stuff goes the wrong way..?

The majority of people don't understand P2P, not to mention Bitcoin. It's not a matter of 'taste' (i.e. some prefer art, natural sciences or whatever). as some claim, it's a matter of intelligence. Soon, not knowing how to properly use technology will be the same as to not knowing how to read or write.
People will be forced to learn about bitcoin if they dont want to be left behind and out of the loop.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
February 17, 2015, 01:48:00 PM
If we were to get diagnosed with anything, it would be higher intelligence than the average 'sheep'.

lol. And then they'd probably 'diagnose' you as a conspiracy theorist or something. Seen it happen many times.
I wouldn't mind. Why do the authorities then wonder when some people snap and stuff goes the wrong way..?

The majority of people don't understand P2P, not to mention Bitcoin. It's not a matter of 'taste' (i.e. some prefer art, natural sciences or whatever). as some claim, it's a matter of intelligence. Soon, not knowing how to properly use technology will be the same as to not knowing how to read or write.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 17, 2015, 01:38:32 PM
How many asleep sheep are mentally ill? The thing is OP has just showed us what will be spun against us in the future to discredit Bitcoin and the community at large, that will be the propaganda when they are ready anyone using BTC is mentally ill skitso's, society outcasts, conspiracy believers, druggy's etc majority aged 18 - 40 male they already have us profiled and this is actually probably close lol but if seeing the truth to the world makes you mentally ill, i hold my hand up and head up high. If closing you're eyes and going with the system makes you sane then well i would still rather be so called crazy  Grin
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
February 17, 2015, 01:36:29 PM
I'm curious if anyone has closed bank account for real and went all Bitcoin?
You can buy more and more things with Bitcoin but I still (for now).

Sure you can, if your Faith is strong enough.
February 17, 2015, 01:18:18 PM
I am as bullish as they come with bitcoin but lets be honest with ourselves here ....

Yes, there are plenty of people who are "all in", with no bank account.   I'm one of them, and despite the previous comment, it's worked out well.  

I can see it working well if you live in a country with hyperinflation like Venezuela but than again bitcoin isn't exactly too useful there anyways because lack of merchants for such region. Are there any countries yet that have fiat which are more volatile than bitcoin that have decent merchant acceptance yet?

Would be nice to pay my bills with bitcoin though...

How do you pay your bills if you went all in? Perhaps your definition of "all in" is different than mine?

Additionally, wouldn't you benefit financially by leveraging both local fiat and bitcoin to insure that you always getting a discount when purchasing goods and services with bitcoin. I keep track of the price of bitcoin when received or purchased and than will only use it when it is higher than my initial investment and when the market price is lower will use my fiat thus insuring another benefit(amongst many ) with bitcoin.
Activity: 526
Merit: 500
February 17, 2015, 12:34:12 PM

Not a wise idea because many clients still pay with fiat and bitcoin is too volatile to invest all in.
Anyone who is paid in bitcoin would also be wise to convert half their paycheck at least into a stable fiat so they aren't forced to spend thier BTC on the dips.

It will take a few more years before one can begin to start to suggest this tactic as a wise financial decision.

Nonsense.  He wasn't asking for opinions, but if anyone is doing it.   It doesn't sound like you are "inBitweTrust", and nobody asked for your wisdom anyway.

Yes, there are plenty of people who are "all in", with no bank account.   I'm one of them, and despite the previous comment, it's worked out well.  Would be nice to pay my bills with bitcoin though...
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
February 17, 2015, 12:30:17 PM

You should follow Elwar's posts. He went full in.
Merit: 1003
February 17, 2015, 12:16:20 PM
Speaking as an American here, ask yourself, reader, why are we as a society so terrified of disobedience, but not at all fearful of obedience?
I blame fluoridated water, high fructose corn syrup, chemtrails, and Obama.
The generation that grew up watching The Simpsons for 20 years now thinks that stupidity is fun and cool.  That explains why the Republicans, after G. W. Bush, were divided between Palin, Santorum, and Romney.  It is not a coincidence that The Simpsons are on Fox (and are Fox's most popular program).
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
February 17, 2015, 11:30:02 AM
Depends on what you define as crazy  Wink the world isn't always as cut and dry as many would like it to be.
February 17, 2015, 11:22:10 AM

Not a wise idea because many clients still pay with fiat and bitcoin is too volatile to invest all in.
Anyone who is paid in bitcoin would also be wise to convert half their paycheck at least into a stable fiat so they aren't forced to spend thier BTC on the dips.

It will take a few more years before one can begin to start to suggest this tactic as a wise financial decision.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
February 17, 2015, 10:58:03 AM

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
February 17, 2015, 10:48:37 AM
Speaking as an American here, ask yourself, reader, why are we as a society so terrified of disobedience, but not at all fearful of obedience?
I blame fluoridated water, high fructose corn syrup, chemtrails, and Obama.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
February 17, 2015, 10:44:18 AM
The field of psychology has always been deeply political* in nature, the DSM is extremely political. Not so long ago you had "female hysteria" and "homosexuality" classified in there as mental diseases. Still today you have farcical diagnoses such as "oppositional defiant disorder" which roughly translates to "a disobedient child more intelligent than one or both of his/her parents", or the simple result of shitty parenting.

Psychiatrists, at their core are glorified behavior cops. You'd never see a child brought in to a psych because he was TOO obedient for his parents liking. If we lived in a society that was concerned about fascism (in a post 2001 America, we should be!), you would see that happening. You will only ever see a child brought into a mental health professional because he was too DISobedient.

Speaking as an American here, ask yourself, reader, why are we so terrified of disobedience, but not at all bothered by pandemic hyper-obedience, even in the face of a society bordering on collapse?

“Disobedience, in the eyes of any one who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress has been made, through disobedience and through rebellion.”
― Oscar Wilde

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/ughoae.pdf -> ctrl + f "social engineering"

* Political bias is the disease of all the softer sciences. Only pure mathematics escapes such politicization.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
February 17, 2015, 08:57:16 AM
I think if you're at all capable of grasping bitcoin, the whole concept, in the first place, there's little damn chance you're at risk of being mentally ill. The required level of intelligence to understand bitcoin, the foundation of bitcoin, the blockchain, the point, the nuances of economics, and the dynamics of bitcoin is not a sign of a weak mind susceptible to mental illness.

The idiots in comment sections who continually call people names, troll these and similar forums hollering bitcoin's end times and have nothing else to do but post over and over day in and day out trying to warn everyone against it, it's in its "death throws" as one put it in a comments section earlier - now those ones are soft in the head and could probably make do with a visit to a psychiatrist.  Grin

this....especially as we have been non educated about what currency is, that is Fiat is just given as a fait accompli.

In 2004 I gave a lecture to my fellow law of banking elective takers in a top 20 law school in the world, and their eyes glazed over when I started to explain Fiat to them, CRR, FRB etc...hell I had to phone the central bank just to confirm everything I had said was right. Satoshi has now put that squarely in the discourse.

FRB/Central banking is not always bad, but it is almost always corrupted without competition. Competition to the state monopoly is a facet of BTC.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 17, 2015, 07:52:47 AM

So many of the past decades' "conspiracy theories" have now been admitted by the conspirators (the elected or non-elected authorities of western countries). If anything, the thought that similar activities would not be going as we speak, even if they are sometimes denied by the perpetrators, should be classified as clinical gullibility, and people denying them should be exposed to some serious training in common logic.

Otherwise such people (the ones that deny the ongoing stuff derogatory labeled as conspirationist) will present a danger to the ones whose worldview is based on proof, logic and truth.

Merit: 1000
February 17, 2015, 06:46:26 AM
I am worried about the drug use, but more drugs are bought with fiat then ever will with Bitcoin.  Traces of drugs are even on US dollars as well as most likely most fiat currencies.  So it seems to say fiat is used more for drugs then Bitcoin.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/aug/17/cocaine-dollar-bills-currency-us

SR-induced mental instability.
Pages:
Jump to: