Pages:
Author

Topic: How many Bitcoins are lost forever? - page 3. (Read 43044 times)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250
November 07, 2017, 05:12:57 PM
I think we lose about 0.5 bitcoin a year or even more. Think about it. A lot of people use bitcoin and they put their bitcoins into an address then they just forget about that small amount and they lose the private key. Multiply this by a million people then we lose that much bitcoins. Even if its a small amount of satoshi, one or even 100 then that a lot  Grin
Activity: 260
Merit: 129
November 07, 2017, 04:11:38 PM
I think more than 1M BTCs ,I am sure a lot of people got in at the beginning and became bored of it and just left or forgot about their wallets.

3M btc have never moved from their original address.
Activity: 105
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 03:21:07 PM
I'd imagine they'll be plenty of people that trust a laywer enough to right it in their will.  I bet there will be more though, that will safely write the key down somewhere else, out of eyes of unknown people, and perhaps leave directions as to where to find this info. 
Activity: 12
November 07, 2017, 02:15:05 PM
That is an interesting point Smoke, how to put your keys in your will but write them safely? I wouldn't trust a lawyer not  to steal my bitcoins! Perhaps put in your will where your private keys are written at, what safe and the safe number ect or something similar?
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
November 07, 2017, 08:51:45 AM
I think more than 1M BTCs ,I am sure a lot of people got in at the beginning and became bored of it and just left or forgot about their wallets.
Activity: 1
November 01, 2017, 01:13:41 PM
It's about 25% which is approx 4 million.
But no one considered the fact that these coins are hodling?
That's actually awesome!!
Activity: 510
Merit: 102
October 22, 2017, 10:12:19 PM
We have a untimely lose bitcoin because some time we lose bitcoin for my wallet reason and some time my close friend stolen my coin in my account because my friend know my account details and he make a stolen some bitcoin. when we do some hype site we lose some bitcoin but we can't share correct amount of bitcoin who many we lost in my life.
Bitcoins are lost forever if the holder will get died and he/she did not have any person that knows its password and detail of tje account. so speaking of how many bitcoins lost forever is depends upon on how many died that are bitcoin user.
Activity: 4
October 22, 2017, 10:11:19 PM
I'd like to add that there are certainly those who died and failed to leave their private keys in their will! http://fortune.com/2017/09/26/cryptocurrency-bitcoin-death/

_______

Now, having your private key written anywhere is ill-advised, so I wonder how one may safely accommodate this?
Activity: 378
October 22, 2017, 10:08:08 PM
Only God knows. To answer this question is very difficult, it is necessary to conduct a research on the missing bitcoin. But to do a research is not easy, because it requires accurate data, it takes a long time to
Activity: 742
October 22, 2017, 10:00:33 PM
We have a untimely lose bitcoin because some time we lose bitcoin for my wallet reason and some time my close friend stolen my coin in my account because my friend know my account details and he make a stolen some bitcoin. when we do some hype site we lose some bitcoin but we can't share correct amount of bitcoin who many we lost in my life.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
October 22, 2017, 09:43:45 PM
I lost 0.05btc just in the last two weeks to it not being confirmed.
Can not get those back. Not ever
Activity: 36
October 22, 2017, 09:40:58 PM
Probably a good deal have been misplaced at the quite beginning, when they had practically no benefit. These days many satoshis are misplaced simply because men and women drop desire and all. At the starting it was full btcs instead of satoshi almost certainly.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 19, 2017, 07:34:16 PM
I consider more than 50 % million bitcoin is missing permanently simply because there are numerous user who had misplaced private essential or could have received bitcoin wallet account blocked because of to any reason and also there are many person who had thrown absent difficult disk and dine experienced both corrupted their difficult disk
Activity: 56
October 18, 2017, 05:18:21 PM
Virtually each and every time I carry upBitcoin to someone new thisquestion arises.  I think it truly is animportant topic but tough togive a sound solution.
Activity: 294
October 15, 2017, 07:58:33 PM
There are many bitcoins lost forever by badly keeping the private key, So of the 21 million there will always be less in circulation. The exact amount lost I think it is impossible to calculate but I imagine that someday. An algorithm could have an approximation of the lost bitcoins.
Activity: 267
October 15, 2017, 04:59:43 PM
I heard there is estimated up to 25% lost which means that if you can get your hands on 1 Bitcoin that is going to be worth a whole lot one day. And it won't be that long from now either.
Activity: 164
Merit: 19
October 15, 2017, 03:49:14 PM
enough to make an impact to the value. because less coins are in circulation.
hard/software failures. people who forgot keys. people who died. people who didnt care anymore. wrong transaction (with correct address that noone has access to).
lets take a guess. 300.000 btc are gone. number raising every year...
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG
October 15, 2017, 10:03:21 AM

It may be a question we'll never find the answer to, and also a new that is probably always growing. I personally think a million Bitcoin are lost, a lot from the early stages of Bitcoin.
Activity: 45
October 15, 2017, 09:59:00 AM
This issue is such a challenging query to solution. I only know that whatever i consider is a good deal considerably less than what has really been lost. It will usually remain as a secret as we can never ever be confident of the precise quantity
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
October 13, 2017, 01:35:10 AM
I know it is a tricky question. What do you think, how many Bitcoins are lost forever and are 'out of the network' by lost private keys?
A rough guess of mine will be from a 100-1000 btc from what all stories I have heard about and maybe, maybe there is more that is under the earth for which there is no claim for. A lot of people have started to regret this after the price went up massively and they now don't remember where they kept their bitcoin or what was their login credentials to their account or some other reason. Can people not be more careful? Do this once more then you will regret even worse.
In very beginning people were not giving too much importance to bitcoin, because of the low value of bitcoin, but no doubt that now the may be regretting for the bitcoin which they have forgotten,  that where they place their bitcoin. In fact most of the people have forgotten their login to access their wallet. I think through this way a  lot of bitcoins are missing permanently.
Pages:
Jump to: