Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 54. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
I think in that much time you do not need a large amount of bitcoin as the price of bitcoin is increasing and you will earn much higher amount
bitcoin better have a lot of the little right. we need bitcoin very much for the next 20 years. is the same as a squirrel foraging before winter, we also have to like it, but we save is bitcoin so that later we can enjoy it
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I think in that much time you do not need a large amount of bitcoin as the price of bitcoin is increasing and you will earn much higher amount

If you can get a lot of income on BTC you can retire early and enjoy life early. Just invest what do you think you can afford to lose since nothing is sure in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
Lol you are still need a large amount of bitcoin to be reach and retire in your job.. if you have 50 btc for me its enough i can live in long life.. because i can start my own new business.. and i can hired people to manage my business.
Activity: 644
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
don't save your money only in bitcoin for your retirementday.
everything can happen, better to save some in fiat for your retirement day.

I save arround 0.1-0.2/month and arround $50-$70 too per month
so im ready for bitcoin rise or fail.
That seem to be a good plan, you are saving bitcoin but do not risk all your money at it. Maybe mine base on my earning from day job and sideline here in this forum, I am saving at least 0.05BTC per month. Not that big but I am expecting a huge return in the future to come.

That is better that risking everything in a form of an online money. Better have something that you could touch. Dont pick to put it in banks too there is also some risks there. You could hold it and your risk would just be robbery which just happened sometimes and a fire.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/

That seem to be a good plan, you are saving bitcoin but do not risk all your money at it. Maybe mine base on my earning from day job and sideline here in this forum, I am saving at least 0.05BTC per month. Not that big but I am expecting a huge return in the future to come.
Activity: 672

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
what if bitcoin died before you retire and you have collected 200 btc on your diferent wallets, what will you do?
the most important is to invest your money on a legit investment ,while the rest put it on the bank. dont rely on bitcoin about your future, we couldnt even know if bitcoin will last for a long time.

Well hopefully that isnt the scenario, where you still hold 200 btc lol.

I`m sure prior to the still collecting 200 btc, you`ll check your prices before so it doesnt end up being a entire loss scenario. As for the concept of bitcoin dying before you retired, at this point its hard to pinpoint.

You`ll notice the price is still climbing after all those events in the past what bitcoin has been through and its still here.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046
It totally depend on the strength of the bitcoin if the bitcoin remain strong as it is now then he should have about more than 100 bitcoins and if the value of bitcoin will not come to a high value and the price started to drop down then he should need a million of bitcoins.

100 bitcoin is a good amount, because we do not know, will be in the range of what the price in 20 years.

In 20 years, the price of bitcioin will be at least $100,000. So 100 bitcoin will make that $10 million.

lol it's highly unlikely that prices could reach $100,000. in fact we will be difficult to reach $10,000.
you can see the price movement at any time or every year, always no change and difficult the price back to $1,000.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
It totally depend on the strength of the bitcoin if the bitcoin remain strong as it is now then he should have about more than 100 bitcoins and if the value of bitcoin will not come to a high value and the price started to drop down then he should need a million of bitcoins.
Yes, you are true but still we have to think about that what will be the price of bitcoin at that time!! Will bitcoin have a value at that time or people will leave it? Will at that time everywhere there bitcoin be used or people will adopt any other fluctuating currency?
Activity: 998
Merit: 504
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
its same as predict your future in 20 years later,of course its hard to answer how much you should have bitcoin for retire in 20 years,bitcoin alwyas have fluctuate price,this is why i or some people can predict how much bitcoin for retire in 20 years.

Yeah as the bitcoin continues to fluctuate nothing can be predicted precisely. In my opinion its good to earn as much possible and in 20 years time you will have certain number of bitcoin. Try yourself to be comfort with those bitcoin.
How can you say that bitcoin is not a reliable currency and will be replaced by any other currency? Do you have any proof for that or only your prediction as a rumor against it? Bitcoin wil have a future and will be a global currency in the future.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
what if bitcoin died before you retire and you have collected 200 btc on your diferent wallets, what will you do?
the most important is to invest your money on a legit investment ,while the rest put it on the bank. dont rely on bitcoin about your future, we couldnt even know if bitcoin will last for a long time.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
To be safe, get two Bitcoins.

lol i agree with this. in 20 years 2 bitcoin may be worth 2,000,000$ and to me a 2m retirement fund would last if you plan on retiring at 60 and living untill 75 or whatever. specially if you have another income coming in still from ssi or whatever it may be

safe side get 5
That is not easy. Just imagine if in the first year of your retirement the Bitcoin price will be $700. If you have 5 BTC that same as $3500. I guess you will spend this $3500 in the first year. The next year you will do not have anything.

I'm also thinking this and I think its gonna be very hard for them to be honest, its not as easy as the most people are thinking.
You also would first need to invest a lot to retire with the bitcoin and I do not think its reachable.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
I think you need at least 20 coins in 20 years. That is already a good investment, you just have to save at least 1 BTC per year and when time will come you will become millionaire or very poor. That's just the two possibility but we have to be positive, we must be in the bright side.

That is why it is much better to earn bitcoin and keep on rolling it til you reach your number of bitcoin goal..It's a lesser stress in our old age..If bitcoin price maintain at its position, then it is good for our retirement and if it drops, atleast it is not the whole money from our pocket that was gone...
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
https://trueflip.io/
I think you need at least 20 coins in 20 years. That is already a good investment, you just have to save at least 1 BTC per year and when time will come you will become millionaire or very poor. That's just the two possibility but we have to be positive, we must be in the bright side.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
That is hard to know and that is because the value is hard to predict for what the value will be in the 20 years and you need also a lot of Bitcoin to retire that otherwise it wont be possible.
The only thing that you have to do is just have a monthly stable earning and that would be nice and see Bitcoin as a bonus.
We need some fifty coins in 20 years that's enough as of price now but we can't predict anything in bitcoin as no one knows what will be the price after 20 years, so just invest and earn as much as you can quiet these days.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
That is hard to know and that is because the value is hard to predict for what the value will be in the 20 years and you need also a lot of Bitcoin to retire that otherwise it wont be possible.
The only thing that you have to do is just have a monthly stable earning and that would be nice and see Bitcoin as a bonus.
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me
1000 btc thats the amount of btc i need to have a happy life after retirement,, my wife, kids and even my grandchildren, and grand grand children will benefit on that amount,,cause i dont want to leave this world seeing them hopeless and nothing.

with current price you need arround $425.000 Roll Eyes
i think it's crazy investment, better to save 500BTC and $212.500 for your retirement day.

invest at FIat + BTC
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
I just looked back in my old posts to 2013 and nobody thought a thousand was feasible.   It reset 244 to 100 and then went dead, really people thought well thats it and by year end it was well into four figures.   Really people just lack imagination, look at the extreme finance measure you hear on the news everyday.   We are in a unique time, never have major countries operated their currency with negative rates.   Its not just unusual its never happened, there is no teacher who can say what happens next and so any price is possible.   Dont hold one type of value only if you want to retire ie. dollars
Activity: 756
I think 10 btc with $3000 value per 1 btc is enough for my retirement I can buy my own house and live a happy life without worrying about the money.

Apart from these, Advancements in technology will be so quick and unpredictable by that time that thinking Bitcoin will be around for sure is a foolish thought. It could, but betting your retirement on it is surely not advisable.
and i dont think that BTC will reach $3000 20 years in future, surely that technology will advanced so quickly on time being. but, this is still legit for investing, because in future i think there will be globally use by all people in world.
Pages:
Jump to: