Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 65. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

just in case you should save 5 bitcoins, because  in 20 years there will be 5 halvings, that will increase price, also more and more people are interested in bitcoin, and of course more and more stores accepts bitcoins now or plans to do that so it rises bitcoin popularity , and it rises price
Activity: 420
2000btc thats the amount of btc i need to retire in 20 years,with that amount i can live a happy life and never enter  to bitcoin again.
agree I think the 2000 BTC is enough to be able to live happily in retirement age later. if you've got the 2000 BTC. you just sit and relax. hopefully bitcoin prices always go up
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Maybe you can have a lot bitcoin that you can earn rather than for only a few. It is always better to save everything for the last. I would save 5 bitcoin in order for me to be secure and somehow to be sure that if ever some things may change I am prepared for what would that be..

i will do it too, save some for future.
today i earn a lot satoshi from trading at poloniex, i make 0.4btc in 1day  Cheesy

it's a best day for me....

Way to go sir,as i dont have much capital to do big trades i only profit a few satoshi,i think i need to invest more so that i could profit more to save my future.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Maybe you can have a lot bitcoin that you can earn rather than for only a few. It is always better to save everything for the last. I would save 5 bitcoin in order for me to be secure and somehow to be sure that if ever some things may change I am prepared for what would that be..

today i earn a lot satoshi from trading at poloniex, i make 0.4btc in 1day  Cheesy

Well thats a good profit from one day trading,if you could make it daily i believe you would be a happy person.
Activity: 672

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I would like to have as much as I can
simple the more the better

The more the better is cool. But it should not stay as bitcoin also. Get the profit from it and start saving it as fiat. Leave the bitcoins that you have left at start then let it grow again. Then let that happen for many years and that would be a great income.

That is right, save your profit in fiat, divide your bitcoin into two parts, the other part, convert it into fiat and the other part, invest it and again, divide the profit into two..one part for fiat and the other bitcoin..

Many baskets will take you to safety of your other currencies. I dont want also to just stay it one account or I mean one wallet or bank. Let it be in many place. To avoid the risk in case of bankruptcy.

Ultimately despite splitting your money back to fiat and using other forms to invest again is a bit of waste of time.

It still goes back to the road of being 60 years old enjoying that money, so if you want a serious sum it has to come from 1 huge transaction from selling a company you built. Then buying some bitcoin.

Or you created a supplement income through a way to create sales without your efforts that equal a years pay in months.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
Activity: 140
I too agree to that, I don't think it's smart to limit the amount you want, The more the better! specially since you can't really predict bitcoin price..
Activity: 658
You would surely need a lit of bitcoins in order yup retire after a few years as the price of the bitcoin will not be much higher than about a thousand per bitcoin

I think you'll need not less than a couple of thousands in order to retire and not work anything else and go full on bitcoins
Activity: 126
2000btc thats the amount of btc i need to retire in 20 years,with that amount i can live a happy life and never enter  to bitcoin again.
First I don't think bitcoin is that bad of a field, I actually find in interesting and the community itself is very easy to like Smiley
I think you would require around half of that amount if you are living in a first-world country, if BTC reaches a decent price like $1,000
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

Wow, in where I live, with that huge amount of bitcoin, I will be living the lifestyle of rich and famous...that's too much for me I think..If I have that amount, I could help many people with that...

That's not the answer of real life. Once you get such a huge number of bitcoins, without hesitation you hold it for your future than helping people as you have quoted.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!

Wow, in where I live, with that huge amount of bitcoin, I will be living the lifestyle of rich and famous...that's too much for me I think..If I have that amount, I could help many people with that...
Activity: 518

The more the better is cool. But it should not stay as bitcoin also. Get the profit from it and start saving it as fiat. Leave the bitcoins that you have left at start then let it grow again. Then let that happen for many years and that would be a great income.
but at least you have to have a target dude. if you do not have targets surely you will be walked aimlessly. you must have a target how many bitcoin will you get. it is more important
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

That is right, save your profit in fiat, divide your bitcoin into two parts, the other part, convert it into fiat and the other part, invest it and again, divide the profit into two..one part for fiat and the other bitcoin..

Many baskets will take you to safety of your other currencies. I dont want also to just stay it one account or I mean one wallet or bank. Let it be in many place. To avoid the risk in case of bankruptcy.
global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

Activity: 364
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
Maybe ~BTC200 Smiley

Depending how much you spend right in your retired years.
I'd probably want 50 btc if not more lol. Cause more never hurts, if anything it just makes you able to do more things.

Yeah and we should be also prepared with worst scenario we might face if the value is low in future so its always best thing to hold maximum number of coins.

Well said if we are in the best side no matter what happens, with the increased price we can have a good life, but its really important to consider the worst scenario and get prepared to meet it. I believe we can be prepared but such situation won't happen.
That is really hard to say. Because you never know what will happen with the value, because it is a currency and you cant predict that.
So that is quite hard and bad. But we all hope of course that the value will be very high in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
It is a good thing that you are actually thinking of your future. We cannot say how much bitcoin do you need right now once you retire in 20 years. I believe so that how you can have will depend on your future, and this is also upon the price value of bitcoin in the future..
Pages:
Jump to: