Pages:
Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 67. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I think I will need more then 100 btc to live a good and extra ordinary life I will try to have some more of it as I cannot take any risk at the time of retirement.

Only 100 btc? Wow, you must really live a clean and balanced life.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I think I will need more then 100 btc to live a good and extra ordinary life I will try to have some more of it as I cannot take any risk at the time of retirement.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
You would need a lot of bitcoins to do this in my opinion, also that is the downside because you will need to invest a lot of money.
I think its also a question if the bitcoin still will exists in that year..

Keep some amount of btc is ok but on different locations or markets if hack come up you wont loose bit maybe some small amount
for retirement maybe but you never now what will be the price of btc
legendary
Activity: 1008
You would need a lot of bitcoins to do this in my opinion, also that is the downside because you will need to invest a lot of money.

Surely that bitcoin will still exist 20 years from now and who know maybe bitcoin will be the no. 1 payment system in the world.
Bitcoin wont be going anywhere for the next following years.
You never know what the value will be and that is the problem. I hope of course that you will have some profit later.
But it is a currency and that is very hard to predict. You need for sure some a lot of Bitcoins. But it will be better if you see Bitcoin as a bonus and not as an earning.

Yes bitcoin is good as an extra income, and we cannot afford to depend only on it for living, its better that if we hold maximum number of coins for future as we cannot predict the future price.

I to will just be holding and accumulate bitcoin in any way i can and wait for 20 years (im 40 by that time).
Maybe the price of bitcoin by that time is more higher than the price right now.

Yeah that's the right thing to do, hold it as you never know what bitcoin will offer us in future, so trying to collect as many coins possible so that can enjoy the retirement life.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Surely that bitcoin will still exist 20 years from now and who know maybe bitcoin will be the no. 1 payment system in the world.
You never know what the value will be and that is the problem. I hope of course that you will have some profit later.
But it is a currency and that is very hard to predict. You need for sure some a lot of Bitcoins. But it will be better if you see Bitcoin as a bonus and not as an earning.

Yes bitcoin is good as an extra income, and we cannot afford to depend only on it for living, its better that if we hold maximum number of coins for future as we cannot predict the future price.

I to will just be holding and accumulate bitcoin in any way i can and wait for 20 years (im 40 by that time).
Maybe the price of bitcoin by that time is more higher than the price right now.
Activity: 812

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
literally zero.
Activity: 714

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!

That is why we need to buy now, while we still can, as there are speculations that after few years, bitcoin's price won't be like its price during the past.. so I think it would be best to buy now and save it, or just invest your fiat in retirement funds and savings..
Activity: 952

Bitcoin will surely exist even after 20 years, and we would see more powerful bitcoin by that time but not sure what would be the value and how much should we hold.
Activity: 364
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I think you would need around 1000 bitcoins to retire comfortably in a first world country.

I estimated bitcoin price at $1000 per bitcoin in this estimation IMO.
Activity: 243
In next twelve months bitcoin could be anywhere between $1,000 to $5,000.If growth of bitcoin continues upto twenty years then ,in my opinion two bitcoins or three would be sufficient.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
this depend of haw much money you want to have if this number is 100K then you will need at current price around 240 BTC but if you want more 1 million $ they you will need much more around 2400 BTC and that is a lot i must say
SkyFall
Its hard to predict but you should need a lot of them to succeed with this also the question is if the bitcoin will be worth much in that year.
If so that you do not have a lot but from now on its still unpredictable and you would need a lot.

So the best is still to prepare for the worst scenario after 20 years,  like the price drops very low.. so it would be good to collect as much as we can, but it should only be what you can afford to lose..better yet, invest your retirement in fiat and make bitcoin as a reserve..

Yeah depending only on bitcoins would be an risky business, as we are not sure what would be the value of bitcoins in future, its better if we invest in multiple products so that it can take care of our retirement.
You never know what can happen. And that is the problem. Its hard to predict the value because it is a currency.
And a currency is always changing so that is quite scary I think. But lets hope that it will be more worth.
Activity: 196
Its hard to predict but you should need a lot of them to succeed with this also the question is if the bitcoin will be worth much in that year.
If so that you do not have a lot but from now on its still unpredictable and you would need a lot.

So the best is still to prepare for the worst scenario after 20 years,  like the price drops very low.. so it would be good to collect as much as we can, but it should only be what you can afford to lose..better yet, invest your retirement in fiat and make bitcoin as a reserve..

Yeah depending only on bitcoins would be an risky business, as we are not sure what would be the value of bitcoins in future, its better if we invest in multiple products so that it can take care of our retirement.
Activity: 798
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

Activity: 238
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
You will need a lot of bitcoins, and not just a small amount but a large amount, if I´m honest I do not even think it will make it from now.
The fact is also that its difficult to predict due to the future of the bitcoin itself.

Yeah you need a lot of bitcoins for retire in 20 years. And you also need to count the inflation on that years too. So yeah, you need many bitcoins for that, maybe around 100 bitcoins ?

The amount will always be in a limbo flux since you wont know the value of price for 1 btc.

But estimately if the price were ideally stable then $1k value per 100 btc = $420k.
i dont think that price will go stable on $420 each btc, i think that more lower like $350~$400
so i prefer to take 50~150 BTC on the future fund while pension
It hard to say. Because you never know what the value will be of Bitcoin in the future. It can be high but it can also be down and that will be not good.
I hope of course that it will be more worth in the future and that many people can make some profit.

Bitcoin will be more popular in future for sure, and the value would be high, so I think anything around 100 btc would be a good to hold to have good retirement life.
Pages:
Jump to: