Pages:
Author

Topic: How many BTC will make you a fiat millionaire in 5 years? - page 20. (Read 21836 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
20 should be sufficient (valued at around $50k/coin), but that works only briefly as the price will be very volatile around 2021. A better number to plan on owning may be ~100 and selling very small amounts at regular intervals once it crosses ~$10k circa early 2019. What you definitely don't want to do is keep all your coin in one exchange and attempt to sell $100k or more all at once, you'll get Goxxed.

Also, pay your taxes if you are converting to fiat. Don't keep holding much into 2021 as it will start falling again, obviously. I'd strongly consider diversifying as you sell.

you are way too optimistic i see. the higher the price will be, the weaker the order book will get. early adopters will smash through all buy walls instantly. right now a buy wall of 2000 btc is worth $900,000. at the time bitcoin is worth $10,000 per coin, the $900,000 buy wall will translate into 90 btc. early adopters with thousands of coins will have a fun time selling through everything.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Got to be atleast 200 coins. I do not see it getting into the 10k by then for sure and doubtful over 5k
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
20 should be sufficient (valued at around $50k/coin), but that works only briefly as the price will be very volatile around 2021. A better number to plan on owning may be ~100 and selling very small amounts at regular intervals once it crosses ~$10k circa early 2019. What you definitely don't want to do is keep all your coin in one exchange and attempt to sell $100k or more all at once, you'll get Goxxed.

Also, pay your taxes if you are converting to fiat. Don't keep holding much into 2021 as it will start falling again, obviously. I'd strongly consider diversifying as you sell.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
I believe it will be more than 1000, in order to be a millionaire

5 years is not that much and I doubt that bitcoin will be at a stable price where you are able to be a millionaire with only 100 bitcoins
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Could be 10 or it could be 100 or more.  Who knows but it is going to be a wild ride.  In the end it is all about what you are comfortable with without taking too much risk.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
The price of Bitcoin isn't just going to shoot up like that. The price will gradually, key word gradually, rise. We can't expect ourselves to be millionaires in five years because of Bitcoin. If you invest in thousands of Bitcoin, then maybe you will become a millionaire. But there is really no telling where Bitcoin is going to go. So we can't tell you how many Bitcoins you would need.

People expect an all time high to be reached soon after the block reward halving.
If that is true, you don't need to buy thousands of bitcoins to be a millionaire.  Wink

Yes. If the price rises to $3000 as predicted by some people, you only need 333 to be a dollar millionaire.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
The price of Bitcoin isn't just going to shoot up like that. The price will gradually, key word gradually, rise. We can't expect ourselves to be millionaires in five years because of Bitcoin. If you invest in thousands of Bitcoin, then maybe you will become a millionaire. But there is really no telling where Bitcoin is going to go. So we can't tell you how many Bitcoins you would need.

People expect an all time high to be reached soon after the block reward halving.
If that is true, you don't need to buy thousands of bitcoins to be a millionaire.  Wink

In general people have very high expectations. It's always a good idea to look at things from a realistic point of view first. If you after that still think we'll see a certain price this year, then it's at least a well thought prediction. I have lowered my prediction for this year from a new ATH, to now $1000 as the highest price this year.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
legendary
With 100 BTC you could come far.
It's hard to predict what will happen after the 2020 halving, but it will get a boost.

100 is far to less. The price in 5 years has a potential of around 2k. Which would mean you would hold around 200k.

500 bitcoins on the other hand would make you a fiat millionare.

within 5 years i also think it's better to have 500 bitcoins in order to achieve the status of a fiat millionaire. that's quite a realistic guess.
Activity: 406
It's hard to predict what will happen after the 2020 halving, but it will get a boost.

100 is far to less. The price in 5 years has a potential of around 2k. Which would mean you would hold around 200k.

500 bitcoins on the other hand would make you a fiat millionare.
Activity: 644
Just 100 BTC should suffice. If it survives for another 5 years its price will be high and fiat will inflate like crazy.

Sure its will be there and well i don't think that it would need a lot of bitcoins as the price of it will surely grow significantly in the future i am hoping that it will be enough to own as much as 100 bitcoins to be able to leave your job after a few years and live only from bit.
Activity: 672
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
200 btc at €5000, that would be awesome! Still have to get 200 btc though....
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
10-25. There will only be 21 BTC. Owning BTC puts you in the 1 million elite. 5 billion marketcap at 450 dollars a unit = INSANE growth ahead. 4 figures is nothing. You people are insane to not understand what we are talking about in here. Long term holders = millionaires in the making.

Perhaps we may see such thing in the 2030 but in 5 years, owning 1000 btc at least is needed to be a fiat millionare.
Not sure though if we will see an expected price rise though.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
How many BTC will make you a fiat millionaire ($) in 5 years? Why?
As I doubt bitcoin price will go totally insane in the near future I would say you will need more than 1.500 - 2.000 BTC to reach million dollars threshold.
There is probably no way that we will see price increase after the halving so it is hard to predict bitcoin price after that.

Are you serious? 1.000 BTC makes you a millionaire already at the laughably low 1.000 USD per BTC price. People here is conditioned by the 1.000 psychological barrier because it was the last ATH. I can't wait until we crush it again and go 4.000+ and we will do it before 5 years. I love when people's conditioned expectations get destroyed, and this time being optimistic is more realistic than being conservative.
Activity: 252
I think the price could be around $200-5000 in 5 years, so you need about 20-50 bitcoins to be a dollar millionaire.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
10-25. There will only be 21 BTC. Owning BTC puts you in the 1 million elite. 5 billion marketcap at 450 dollars a unit = INSANE growth ahead. 4 figures is nothing. You people are insane to not understand what we are talking about in here. Long term holders = millionaires in the making.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
At least 1000. there are no guarantees in this business.
Having seeing a price of over 1k doesn't mean it will happen again.

$1000 can happen in 2016. Within 5 years it may go even much higher. Some people even think we will see $3000 by 2020. Then you will get a fiat millionaire with a much lower coin count.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
At least 1000. there are no guarantees in this business.
Having seeing a price of over 1k doesn't mean it will happen again.
Pages:
Jump to: