Pages:
Author

Topic: How many of you work and are 100% paid in Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 4175 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Salary partial paid in bitcoins (by employee election).  Salary is fixed in dollars though.  Tangible Cryptography allows employees to elect in writing to receive 0% to 50% of of gross pay in bitcoins.  On advice of counsel we don't allow elections greater than 50% as it potentially can make taxes and withholding requirements complicated.

If you guys are ever hiring for telecommute positions, let me know.

Noted. We will have a few openings in the coming month and all of them will be remote.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
Soon MaidSafe, Counterparty and others will make it practical and profitable to be paid in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.

Presently in the U.S., what a business should do is start to reduce wages to their key people, slowly so that government and the IRS doesn't take note. Then they should use a Bitcoin holding company - kinda like offshore - to pay the people the rest of their pay in Bitcoin.

Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
100% fiat for me.. but I'd like to get into something related to BTC

The people who are getting paid in bitcoin... what do you guys do?
Being an independent contractor makes it much easier. Most employers have no clue how to legally pay an employee in something other than a physical paycheck or direct deposit. An independent contractor could have their employer exchange the fiat for BTC through something like Coinbase, then direct deposit to your wallet instead of a bank.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
100% fiat for me.. but I'd like to get into something related to BTC

The people who are getting paid in bitcoin... what do you guys do?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I am in the U.S. and all of my coworkers including myself are 100% paid in Bitcoin. But we are a bitcoin company though

If bitcoin's value halves, everyone's salary halves, and everyone at your company is disgruntled and looking for a new job.

If bitcoin's value goes too high, everyone gets paid too much, how does the company afford to pay anyone? Do they have a large stash of btc that they sit on and just pay as salaries? It will run out eventually, or the boss will sell it all, thus ending the company.

What you say seems impossible.
Activity: 112

My salary is 100% Bitcoin   - 7 (17.9%)
My salary is partially paid in Bitcoin   - 6 (15.4%)

I think a lot of people are mistaking earning from bitcoin (trading/mining) and salary wages.
Probably some miners voted for this as the numbers seem quite impossible.
If the question was "who's income is 100% bitcoin" i would answer yes. I currently make more money trading crap coins than I did at my last job. But nobody is paying a salary. I would actually call my profits a capital gain since I re-invested my salary to get into the game. 
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Salary partial paid in bitcoins (by employee election).  Salary is fixed in dollars though.  Tangible Cryptography allows employees to elect in writing to receive 0% to 50% of of gross pay in bitcoins.  On advice of counsel we don't allow elections greater than 50% as it potentially can make taxes and withholding requirements complicated.  A 100% salary (as opposed to contract work) in Bitcoins isn't possible in the US as taxes must be withheld (and employer is liable for massive fines if they fail to do so) and they need to be withheld and paid in dollars.

oops didn't see this post before I made my reply (in regards to salary being fixed in dollars)...
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
For you guys here that are paid salaries in bitcoins...would you care to tell us what companies you work for?   Did your companies just go through bitpay...or did you individually agree upon a certain amount of btc to be paid bi-weekly or monthly?

Does that amount of BTC fluctuate with the USD value as it moves, or are you on a fixed BTC salary?
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
Salary partial paid in bitcoins (by employee election).  Salary is fixed in dollars though.  Tangible Cryptography allows employees to elect in writing to receive 0% to 50% of of gross pay in bitcoins.  On advice of counsel we don't allow elections greater than 50% as it potentially can make taxes and withholding requirements complicated.

If you guys are ever hiring for telecommute positions, let me know.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
Salary partial paid in bitcoins (by employee election).  Salary is fixed in dollars though.  Tangible Cryptography allows employees to elect in writing to receive 0% to 50% of of gross pay in bitcoins.  On advice of counsel we don't allow elections greater than 50% as it potentially can make taxes and withholding requirements complicated.  A 100% salary (as opposed to contract work) in Bitcoins isn't possible in the US as taxes must be withheld (and employer is liable for massive fines if they fail to do so) and they need to be withheld and paid in dollars.
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
100% fiat. Converting 25% each month in btc or ltc for my pension fund.

offtopic:
no idea dafuq bitcoin is, except that is something related with deepweb
Anyone see the controversy here?

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
people in my real world have no idea dafuq bitcoin is, except that is something related with deepweb, hitmans and hackers
Do you live in Ferenginar ?  Smiley

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

My salary is 100% Bitcoin   - 7 (17.9%)
My salary is partially paid in Bitcoin   - 6 (15.4%)

I think a lot of people are mistaking earning from bitcoin (trading/mining) and salary wages.
Probably some miners voted for this as the numbers seem quite impossible.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Work? What's that? Cheesy
Activity: 11
my work is bitcoin so my salary is in bitcoin too Grin
Activity: 826
'All that glitters is not gold'
people in my real world have no idea dafuq bitcoin is, except that is something related with deepweb, hitmans and hackers
Do you live in Ferenginar ?  Smiley
Activity: 174
Merit: 253
100% Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1540
I don't have a job but I am starting up a business and I'm going to show some balls and 100% only work in Bitcoin to see what happens, any time you try to go into Fiat it's amazing just how utterly frustrating it is to set anything up. At least with Bitcoin you know when it's done it's done and for the most part people don't demand to know everything about you, even if I may struggle at first because I've accepted Bitcoin I think it's worth it just for the freedom and privacy it gives you.

Oh and using Bitcoin in general is just a lot nicer and you can custom label your money coming in and you don't have to enter in personal details every fucking time you just want to look at your balance >_<
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I don't have a job but I have bitcoin.  Smiley
Activity: 10

hahaha understand you completely, it's only my freelance work that is paid in btc
Pages:
Jump to: