Pages:
Author

Topic: How many years Bitcoin can exist? - page 3. (Read 1281 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
October 13, 2017, 12:40:38 AM
Bitcoin can always exist as much as there internet exist, there are alot of miners who make use of bitcoin almost all through there life, some online investment and transactions now rely on Bitcoin..

for me Bitcoin will exist long enough not to be mentioned, the value will only fall for a while which it normally do sometimes, and will still rise again,
Activity: 413
Merit: 105
October 13, 2017, 12:38:20 AM
I wanna know how many years bitcoin can exist, because what if i invest a big amount and the bitcoin will go to shutdown or going to close a blockchain system. This is my concern.
We cannot really say how long bitcoin will exist in the world. As long as the investors and any users would continue to invest and support the bitcoin, it might exist for a long period of time maybe for 50 years. People cannot really tell. Just always remember to secure your wallet and with that, it will not close the blockchain system.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
October 13, 2017, 12:36:27 AM
I wanna know how many years bitcoin can exist, because what if i invest a big amount and the bitcoin will go to shutdown or going to close a blockchain system. This is my concern.
No one can be sure until when bitcoin will be used. but if you look at the characteristics so long as there are people who use bitcoin then bitcoin will still exist and bitcoin will have value. but when no one uses bitcoin then bitcoin will disappear and have no value whatsoever.
Activity: 476
Merit: 103
October 13, 2017, 12:34:10 AM
In today's time the growth of bitcoin is increasing and if it continues then bitcoin will live longer than 300 to 400 years, because bitcoin is fully virtual and also our future currency.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 13, 2017, 12:25:56 AM
Bitcoin can exist even if there will be one miner mining bitcoin and one node keeping record of bitcoin ledger but that is quite impossible. Thousands of miners and node operators are supporting bitcoin and that number is just growing with increasing demand for bitcoin so we can say bitcoin will exist forever.
Are your sure that will exist? Some many thoughts bitcoin will go down someday and changed the name or design with their opponents. Like friendster shutdown because of facebook, this some example can be like bitcoin someday.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
October 13, 2017, 12:24:45 AM

We cannot say how long bitcoin will exist in the universe for as long as the investors would continue to invest and support the crypto currency it might exist for a long period of time maybe 20, 30 or 50 years we cannot tell. If invest you should secure your wallet. I think it would not close the blockchain system.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
October 13, 2017, 12:15:35 AM

You know, in life, everything we do (and even things we don't do) can be carrying some risks and of course, possible rewards as the results as well. This is the reality we have to contend with especially in dealing with cryptocurrency. Nobody can be sure if 5 or 10 years from now Bitcoin can still be existing. However, in my own guesstimate, there is a big possibility that Bitcoin can last for a lifetime since this is the very design of cryptocurrency.

Now, having said the above, maybe what you are really concerned is the value of Bitcoin...whether it would be continue on surging up and will not be reverting back to where it started (as what some critics of Bitcoin are predicting). Well, as to value, you can be sure that since the supply is low and the demand is high, it would continue on increasing though there would always be bumps and humps along the way (the value can go down sometimes).

Lastly, it is prudent on your part to 'invest' what you can afford to lose (though we are not praying that we lost our money here) and this is the most important tip you have to bear in mind (this is true on any type of investment not just in cryptocurrency). Another thing is to spread your baskets into many eggs (or is it the other way around?) or in others word please diversify. However, if you are adventurous enough then you can stake as big as you may want...who knows Bitcoin can be that one instrument that can really revolutionize your financial lie.

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
October 13, 2017, 12:13:09 AM
Bitcoin can exist even if there will be one miner mining bitcoin and one node keeping record of bitcoin ledger but that is quite impossible. Thousands of miners and node operators are supporting bitcoin and that number is just growing with increasing demand for bitcoin so we can say bitcoin will exist forever.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG
October 13, 2017, 12:11:30 AM

Technically, if two people - anywhere in the world both run a Bitcoin node the entity of Bitcoin exist. Taking a look at:

https://bitnodes.21.co/

There are currently 9,316 nodes operating all over the world currently. More and more being added each day from people and companies who support the blockchain. These are people from over 100 different country and different languages that support Bitcoin. I believe as long as the internet exist Bitcoin can exist, even now we're talking about a Bitcoin Core satellite being launched too.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 13, 2017, 12:03:39 AM
Pages:
Jump to: