Pages:
Author

Topic: How much ,as you think ,is 1 bitcoin in 2025? - page 7. (Read 7724 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 21, 2013, 09:24:00 AM
I dont know what it will be in 2025, but I can tell you fairly exactly what the current consensus is of what it will be:
 $123 (excl inflation).

THink about it, anyone convinced it would be way higher would buy more, anyone thinking it would be way lower would sell.
The current price is an exact reflection of what we all combined think it will be worth in the future. A much better indicator than your poll.

Anyone expecting $123 in 2025 would most likely sell, causing prices to drop, and buy something they expected to be higher in the future...  I know I would.

$123 adjusted for inflation. Your reasoning also doesnt make a lot of sense, are people selling gold when they expect gold to remain stable compared to an inflation adjusted dollar? Are they not buying government bonds anymore that barely keep pace with inflation?
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
September 21, 2013, 08:47:14 AM
I dont know what it will be in 2025, but I can tell you fairly exactly what the current consensus is of what it will be:
 $123 (excl inflation).

THink about it, anyone convinced it would be way higher would buy more, anyone thinking it would be way lower would sell.
The current price is an exact reflection of what we all combined think it will be worth in the future. A much better indicator than your poll.

Anyone expecting $123 in 2025 would most likely sell, causing prices to drop, and buy something they expected to be higher in the future...  I know I would.
legendary
September 21, 2013, 07:01:19 AM
if you would have made your statement when bitcoin was at 10 $ it would be wrong in the same way as it is today.

Nope, $10 was the expectation back then. Expectations change, as will the price.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 21, 2013, 06:57:15 AM
 $123 (excl inflation).

if you would have made your statement when bitcoin was at 10 $ it would be wrong in the same way as it is today. if you were right the price could never rise. but it did and it will.

edit: typo
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
September 21, 2013, 06:40:52 AM
$200,000 +
legendary
September 21, 2013, 06:31:00 AM
 $123 (excl inflation).

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
September 21, 2013, 06:18:10 AM
Bitcoin will have the same fade as Linux. Superior in its field in just about every aspect, put not going anywhere, It will be around for a long time to come but and thats it. Lots of people would tell you yeh Linux is great but...blah,blah. Bitcoin is also not the most user-friendly and lets face it my Grandmother will never own a Bitcoin nor use one, certainly not buy one.
The greatest treat for bitcoin is not Fiat or Gold  (Gold as money has been death for hundreds of years) but,
  • Telcos, for micro payments, its expending rapidly and about 10 different methods exist, some will fail along the way. Once the phone company enters the marked it will be fully licensed and agreements in place with participating merchants. The marketing machine will the kick in. Carlos Slim will not sit on the sit-lines and will a good business opportunity give a miss
  • Internet Behemoths will have the own revealing crypto currency for online payments
  • Goovements issued cryptos to pay taxes with, get paid in if u are state employed and to pay at the High street  (yes keeps exchanges happy as they live of your fees if you pay with Bitcoin or other non state accepted crypto)
  • Superior Alt-coin (not the existing copycats) its not a question if but when it will emerge it could be years
All the digital movement is doing is shifting from a 100% anonymous payment (cash) to a 100% traceable one, and the masses love it.
Progress can't be stopped.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
September 21, 2013, 04:27:14 AM
$0. In 2025, the underlying ciphers will be broken by then.

Same opinion here. It will be superseded by another, safer and user-friendlier crypto-currency.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 21, 2013, 04:18:10 AM
bitcoin has had growth spurts, i see a few more on the horizon, one day it might stabilize high high up in the clouds, then a really good well funded, executed alt coin might come along and take a big chunk of bitcoin market cap...alt coins of these days aren't going to last IMHO and if they do, they won't really amount to anything big, maybe 1 or 2 will, LTC is going ok... but ya alt coins of the future is what will liberate the world, it won't necessarily make everyone rich but it will change the way we do money, bitcoin is a progress, there's no stopping progress. as you can see even governments are all for progress. bitcoin will be over 10K b4 2020 easy ( and its still going to be something most have not even really heard of or thought about....) BUY BUY  BUY lol

good night bitcoin!

why a future altcoin, why not adjusted bitcoin ? or new layers on the protocol ? if current altcoins fail, this should make it harder for competing virtual currency to even get started. more dangerous is the threat of big players like facebook, google, apple, etc. getting together with some big banks and come up with their own crypto. the masses would love it i fear.

if bitcoin stays the only relevant virtual currency up to 2020 i ´d say 10-15 k $ (in todays value) is possible. 50 k in 2025  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
September 21, 2013, 12:11:41 AM
bitcoin has had growth spurts, i see a few more on the horizon, one day it might stabilize high high up in the clouds, then a really good well funded, executed alt coin might come along and take a big chunk of bitcoin market cap...alt coins of these days aren't going to last IMHO and if they do, they won't really amount to anything big, maybe 1 or 2 will, LTC is going ok... but ya alt coins of the future is what will liberate the world, it won't necessarily make everyone rich but it will change the way we do money, bitcoin is a progress, there's no stopping progress. as you can see even governments are all for progress. bitcoin will be over 10K b4 2020 easy ( and its still going to be something most have not even really heard of or thought about....) BUY BUY  BUY lol

good night bitcoin!

Activity: 728
September 20, 2013, 09:16:47 PM
Bitcoin's monumental success will be impeded only by a catastrophic failure, such as protocol failure, cipher breakage (likely), complete government criminalization/firewalling, or a highly superior competetion. Therefore, it will either be $0 or $20,000+, and nothing inbetween. Happy trading gentlemen. Wink
Activity: 1101
Merit: 512
September 20, 2013, 08:11:47 PM
My guess is that at 12 years later from now one single coin shall be sufficient to buy you a top-grade riverside apartment suite like this. A lad said that at that time we shall all be wealthy elites sure as hell!  Grin

Activity: 707
September 19, 2013, 03:01:08 AM
It totally depends on usage, adoption, regulation, legality, other fiat currencies fate's, technology (will the encryption remain unbroken), competing cryptocoins and ASIC mining.

If you can predict all of that then you will have a better idea of where it will be at in 2025.

Let's assume the best case scenaro, it get'S used more and more, is successfully adopted as a crypto currency.. it's value rises to negate volatility, it's declared legal, and the technology remains safe and sound. Also, that it survives challenges from other up and coming cryptocoins. Then you are looking at a very big number,

Assuming all the above in a best case: I'd say anywhere from 100k to 3-400k. But as you can see there are a lot of obsticles to overcome before we can even think about such numbers.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
September 19, 2013, 02:13:56 AM
Regulation, countries' policies, legality issues, crime related stuff, etc. will lead Bitcoin to worth something close to $0
Activity: 728
September 19, 2013, 12:50:33 AM
$0. In 2025, the underlying ciphers will be broken by then.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
September 19, 2013, 12:47:48 AM
If it is still here by then, there is extremely high probability that the price will be over 10,000.  I would say that it would even be 100,000 by then.

Seems reasonable to me.

However considering bitcoins likelihood of succeeding, then it would only seem rational for "<$100" to be voted for.

Of course if the dollar crashes or something AND bitcoin fails, then... who knows. Maybe $0.01 is now $10, so bitcoin is still $1000 or something.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
September 19, 2013, 12:46:06 AM
If it is still here by then, there is extremely high probability that the price will be over 10,000.  I would say that it would even be 100,000 by then.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
September 19, 2013, 12:05:02 AM
Many people think that the price of bitcoins will sky rocket. Personally I think it will remain constant at between 200 and 400 USD.
However there will always be sudden changes in prices!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
September 18, 2013, 11:36:37 PM
How much ,as you think  ,is  1 bitcoin in 2025?
Pages:
Jump to: